⚽ The Official Euro 2024 Thread | 🇪🇦 reyes de Europa thanks to 2 🇨🇵 players | 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 lose a Euro final for the 2nd time in a row :wow:

Who you got ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Losing it with this England team.

Reminds me of France '98. Amazing on paper, but on the pitch it's like a FUT All Star team with no chemistry.

Plan A is keep possession until *something* happens.

There is no Plan B. There are substitutes who sound like they'd change any game, but no strategy to go with them.

La Liga player of the year. Bundesliga player of the year. Premiership champions all over the fukking pitch and they play like Barnsley.

Jude looks LOST.

Can't even blame the fans and press like we did in '98. I've had so much patience with this man and he's always given us fighting England teams, but this is on Southgate.
At the bolded - I was with Southgate up until the 2022 World Cup. He's had his run and the only way he's gonna keep his job is to win this Euro...

Basically, he has to go.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Jude was trying in the beginning but just like in the Serbia game, dude got ghost in the second half. Dude keeps running and gets no balls, so he's been looking frustrated.

players that can actually play football would at that point go back-to-basics. keeping things simple to help regain control of the match and to find his role in the match.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Brehs how much emphasis should be placed in the fact the no English manager has won the Premier League since it's inception? Is tactical illiteracy a thing in the English game?

I think it's an under-talked topic.

There's also zero connection between Premiership management and England management. Southgate, Eriksson, Hoddle - none of them had regular experience managing top flight English players when they took the England job.

The FA think managing Under 21 England prepares you for managing a team that will play France, Spain and Brasil... they should be trying to throw money at proven top flight managers.

Terry Venables knew how to manage a real team. He actually gave us an *exciting* team that were a genuine challenger and he had to have Stuart Pearce out there taking pens... if he'd had this squad we would've looked like Barcefukkinglona.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Sub Bellingham out, Breh is useless right now.

right now?

He been stinking it up all tournament but that goal he poached in the first game distracted the people who only see the game one way.

In three years when he's at Liverpool or Tottenham don't forget Senor Yayo Toure told you Jude was shyt long before.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I think it's an under-talked topic.

There's also zero connection between Premiership management and England management. Southgate, Eriksson, Hoddle - none of them had regular experience managing top flight English players when they took the England job.

it's a uk cultural problem + the class system + lack of a certain type of player.

the english cannot manage anything of considerable size to a world class standard.

in football the english who are/were good managers tend to be from up north but .. it's the southerners running the country.

the country is not united due to the class system.

The FA think managing Under 21 England prepares you for managing a team that will play France, Spain and Brasil... they should be trying to throw money at proven top flight managers.

Terry Venables knew how to manage a real team. He actually gave us an *exciting* team that were a genuine challenger and he had to have Stuart Pearce out there taking pens... if he'd had this squad we would've looked like Barcefukkinglona.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
man took antony gordon over rashford, sterling or sancho. :mjlol: this england team is about as pedestrian as it can get, nobody except saka creates fear for the opponent. Foden needs to be in middle with good wide players creating the spacing.

this nikka started gallagher :dead: thinkin it was gonna make a difference

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
bellingham is like stevie G.

where are madrid going to play him when a forward arrives?

exactly where rafa ended up playing stevie-me.

everywhere in MF, see that fail, and then on the wing/free role.

:hubie:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
bellingham is like stevie G.

where are madrid going to play him when a forward arrives?

exactly where rafa ended up playing stevie-me.

everywhere in MF, see that fail, and then on the wing/free role.

:hubie:

Yeah, Madrid had no problem benching Joselu and playing Vinicius as striker and Jude would just run into space. Good luck running into Mbappe space.