The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Lee Daniels is NOT the showrunner or Head Writer. Lee Daniels only co-wrote the pilot & directed the first 2 episodes.

Yeah he's never been the show runner. He and his boy get the co creation cred an producer red but from what I've read, she's the engine that makes the show go
:dwillhuh: Since when do Nighttime soaps get emmy nominations?

Once you become the biggest show on network TV, anything is possible breh. Dallas racked up plenty of nods in the 80s especially for J.R.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It is her and this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0834960/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer (:comeon:) but I am going to assume there was alot of fukkkery that lasted 7 seasons.

He writes a lot of the episodes, he writes Taraji's lines and I bet he wrote that whole black militant speech Lucious said to Andre, "talking about they will never accept you, only your money etc" ( There is levels to this show brehs. :wow:)

ETA: He wrote Recount the movie? :dahell: That was a pretty good movie. :leon:

If you brehs like House of Cards, it is about the 2000 recount between Gore and Bush. Stars Kevin Spacey.

Buffy wasn't fukkery breh at least not to this level. Buffy is more like watching a live action comic book with great dialogue

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
i'm not sure why yoba was surprised his character was killed. i saw that happening a few episodes in.

according to yoba a female is calling all the shots & even writes much of it
ilene-chaiken.jpg

https://twitter.com/ilenechaiken

i think lee daniels is just a mascot

It is her and this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0834960/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer (:comeon:) but I am going to assume there was alot of fukkkery that lasted 7 seasons.

He writes a lot of the episodes, he writes Taraji's lines and I bet he wrote that whole black militant speech Lucious said to Andre, "talking about they will never accept you, only your money etc" ( There is levels to this show brehs. :wow:)
Buffy wasn't fukkery breh at least not to this level. Buffy is more like watching a live action comic book with great dialogue
Not to mention he was never a writer on "Buffy". He was a recurring character.

EDIT:
:ohhh: Dude was a recurring character for 21 episodes on "Gilmore Girls". I must've forgotten about that.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Just watched this piff in the span of two days. One question I have...

Who was it getting shot in the alley by the dumpster in the very end?

The witness the first detective thought he had?

• Dap

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Im on the first episode based on the interviews I listen to this week with Malik Yoba, does this shyt get better:beli: the wannabe rapper kid lips was glistening so much you could see that shyt from space:scust: and Terrence Howard feminine ass being homophone :scust:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont like where this is headed.

sure this is gonna open up doors for more black shows on major networks, but i think industry is gonna feel like they now have the green light to have white folks be in charge of the shows.

it works for empire because its just a soap, so the expectations arent set high. we just want f*ckery and they provide it. but its not gonna work for most other types of shows.

:popcorn:

Been that way for a while.

• Dap