The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Definitely the most entertaining show on right now. Some of the writing is sloppy and over the top, but it's engaging as fukk and the acting is really good. I really thought Andre was gonna off himself. I wonder how his father would have reacted to his death. :ld: I'm glad his wife has shown some semblance of decency and told him to back off on the weird sex power games. Her throwing up in her food was:heh: I loved Jamal's coming out scene. I knew it was coming, but Lucious' reaction and the trashcan flashbacks took it up another notch.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Lucious might regret crossing Andre and Anika. Those two scheme way too much to let shyt slide.

And how can Lucious hate white people when his girl is a product of it?

Cac alert. :childplease: When did he say he hated white people?

His girlfriend isn't white.:whatthehell?:

He told his son, they would never be accepting of him, big difference.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Cac alert. :childplease: When did he say he hated white people?

His girlfriend isn't white.:whatthehell?:

He told his son, they would never be accepting of him, big difference.

His girlfriend's father was clearly shown to be a white doctor like two episodes ago, so it's ok for him to marry a half-white chick over getting back with Cookie? All I'm saying is the writers need to keep consistent at least.

Not the only one to point it out either:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
His girlfriend's father was clearly shown to be a white doctor like two episodes ago, so it's ok for him to marry a half-white chick over getting back with Cookie? All I'm saying is the writers need to keep consistent at least.

It's slightly hypocritical but it's different.

Anika is still half-black. Marrying her isn't a bad look. That's like saying marrying Lauren London or Melyssa Ford or Mya makes you a sellout because they half white. How many nikkas you gonna convince not to marry Mya :mjpls: Any kids y'all have would be 75% black so it doesn't matter.

With Andre you know he a sellout type nikka. He married white, he went to an Ivy League, looks like someone off Wall Street, his whole demeanor, you can tell he wants to move to some rich cac area, have mixed kids and raise them as far away from the hood as possible. When Luscious looks at him, all he sees is his wealth going back into the hands of white people (Andre's grand kids and great grandkids). Some future white family running his hip hop label :scust: That's why he laid the hand of god on him last night because he'll never agree to that. If Hakeem was even half as smart as Andre, Luscious would have been named him the next CEO. He's clearly his favorite and his only choice in his eyes because one son is a faggit and the other one wants to be white.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

:whatthehell?: Where does it say he hates white people?

She is half-black too. :ufdup:

Calm down cac, it isn't that serious. :aidisgust: