The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Since when did having "normal" gay black men on TV turn into an attack on hetero men?

Is it that hard to believe that there have been or are closeted rappers/r&b singers in the industry? :usure:

I'm sure there are quite a few artists/musicians/producers that you look up to whose life behind closed doors is pretty close to Jamal. Why shouldn't his story be told? Continuing to act like guys like that don't exist doesn't do anyone a favor.

Maybe seeing a masculine, alternative lifestyle is stirring up some internal conflicts within yourself......:sas2:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Let's Stay Together represented respectable black men and everyone was like
:francis:....:camby:

People like drama
:manny:
They still could insert one or two into the show. It isnt that hard to have the drama that has been going on function and still let the respectable black man have a story too.

Last edited:

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
They still could insert one into the show. It isnt that hard to have drama and let the respectable black man have a story too.

I agree and so far to me it's....

Empire-Derek-Luke.jpg

and take "so far" with a grain of salt...remember it's a drama I wouldn't take it too seriously and enjoy it for the fukkery it is.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I agree and so far to me it's....

Empire-Derek-Luke.jpg

and take "so far" with a grain of salt...remember it's a drama I wouldn't take it too seriously and enjoy it for the fukkery it is.
Of course its so far. He isnt even a key player either so there is even less hope.

ATearInMyEye

#KnicksTape
Daps
Reppin
Def Valley
What does that have to do with that I said?

He ain't no big time character.

Stop reaching.:ufdup:
You were all :dead: because a Gay Man is directing a movie about a GOAT Comedian who has admitted to doing those same type of "things". TF kinda logic is that :dwillhuh:

And You said there is no respectable Black man on the show, :takedat: hasnt done anything to make him seem less respectable. And I like many other see him having a bigger role at least by the end of S1.