The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

ThisIsLife

Energy ⚡
Daps
Reppin
Near Philly
Just started watching today. I was hesitant at first based on some things I heard about the show, but decided to give it a try. It's a very entertaining show and they got me as a regular viewer.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
@7Revo you my nikka, but damn breh you act like black gay dudes are a myth or something. Let them fakkits cook. They don't bother no one. If they want to be gay and be on tv then whatever, more p*ssy for us.
It's not about that. It's about straight black men being shut down.

Dave Chappelle talked about this when they wanted him to wear a dress and now it looks like they just jumped straight to only letting gay black men look good in films so I gotta call it out.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Do they even know Andre is bi-polar? Besides his wife of course and uncle. I don't see that baby ending up being Jamal's either.

Speaking of Jamal, is it in his contract that he has to wear a scarf in every other scene :skip:

Luscious isn't even trying to hide his feelings for Cookie in front of fake Lena Horne. The scene where he was clapping with that big goofy grin on his face was :mjlol:. Anika drugging Courtney Love was some straight soap opera antics. Hopefully that's the last we see of her, besides her face being horrid, her voice is as well :scust:.

So long Chef Boyardee, maybe next time Empire hosts a party Jamal will let him cater :troll:.
ayo, the chef from this past episode is actually a real chef. I got that nikka on instagram. He stays being around fine ass black women too.:russ:

https://instagram.com/chefroble/

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
more like he is just channeling his own ideas about himself through the talented character. On the show the gay dude is shown to be a coward and sacrifices his personal life for stardom.

Also he was thrown in the trash. :mjlol:

Pretty much, everybody on the show has flaws and strengths.

Hakeem is a good dude that genuinely loves his family and wants to be successful, but he's insecure and has issues because his mom wasn't there.

Jamal is the most talented musically, but he's selfish and like you said he has times where he's a coward. What type of man holds his daughter for a second and then immediately passes her off to his mom?

Andre is a self-absorbed sociopath, but he would do anything to protect his father and the future of his company.

I don't see it as them making the gay son out to be better than the rest. But if somebody wants to see an agenda they're going to see it.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yet the gay dude is rising up slowly on his way to upstaging the whole cast. :stopitslime:

The gay son is the only one with good traits, most lie okay down on purpose thanks to the gay creator and the gay agenda and the threat he made aginst his younger brother when he got ran up on the studio showed he wasn't cowardly.

Open your eyes.

Why do you have a problem with the gay character becoming the "hero" of the story?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Why do you keep knocking down the show when it's providing black actors with work? I don't watch the show because it seems corny but I'm glad it's receiving the success it's getting, especially for Henson and Howard.
Im calling out the assault of the image of the respectable straight black man.