The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Do you guys think this operates as a satire/parody on any level?

I was talking with some people and I've seen it said on a few other websites that people are legitimately reading it as a satire and a commentary on rap and the music industry.

I guess I can see that? But I never engaged it as such, just for the fukkery. But if it is a stone cold satire it was operating on a level that I couldn't really pick up :ohhh:

Of course. :blessed: I mean come on. Ghetto Ass Studio, the name of the studio is actually called "Ghetto Ass Studio"

Lusious Lyon some weird hybrid of Andre Harrell and Puffy Daddy and getting into all types of fukkkery.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
this show is garbage.
plus, no female is as fiyoine as davetta Sherwood in platinum on this show.

Art Barr

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i've never had an issue with interracial relationships but gatdamn...its like theyre trying to shove this shyt down our throats.

thats four and counting between Grace's parents...Tianna and her girlfriend, Andre and his wife, Jamal and his boyfriend

they got every fukkin kind of interracial relationship in the tv show :dead:

But got one relationship between a black man and black woman. Think about that shyt for a minute.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
nikkas love being buzz kills. This show ain't gonna turn anyone gay
no one said it would but if you don't think it's a problem for boys growing and seeing shyt like this instead of action Jackson or wesley you are a damn fool.What about the part about reinforcing stereotypes? you c00n with that too? :mjpls:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
no one said it would but if you don't think it's a problem for boys growing and seeing shyt like this instead of action Jackson or wesley you are a damn fool.What about the part about reinforcing stereotypes? you c00n with that too? :mjpls:
Being gay isn't a decision it's genetic, if they see fakkits on TV it won't turn kids who are hetero gay. It would be like saying seeing some females on TV in positive roles turn straight boys into wana be transgenders

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Being gay isn't a decision it's genetic, if they see fakkits on TV it won't turn kids who are hetero gay. It would be like saying seeing some females on TV in positive roles turn straight boys into wana be transgenders
what's wrong with your reading, I just refuted the notion that seeing a gay will turn a child gay so all that bloviating of genetics can be used elsewhere. The problem is with a child's development, if he's being raised by his mom and the only representative of a male akin to him is a down low bro from a tv show you don't see that as detrimental? :what:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
what's wrong with your reading, I just refuted the notion that seeing a gay will turn a child gay so all that bloviating of genetics can be used elsewhere. The problem is with a child's development, if he's being raised by his mom and the only representative of a male akin to him is a down low bro from a tv show you don't see that as detrimental? :what:
Seems like the problem is the father not being there. The problem isn't what's shown on TV pleighboy. Trust TV to train your kids brehs

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Seems like the problem is the father not being there. The problem isn't what's shown on TV pleighboy. Trust TV to ride your kids brehs
yeah cuz a child isnt likely to see the world through the power of media when a parent isnt there right? not sure if its an IQ thing or if you just have a habit of over simplifying but i had a feeling you would go down the father needs to be there route. Even if a father was present but a workaholic that still doesnt diminish the corrosive impact this imagery of sissified emasculated black men will have on young bucks. This reality is loss on the ears of a cac and c00n