The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Yo straight up he has to be the worst actor on the show. And as a character he really thinks Kendrick is going to shake in his boots from drip drop
nah, he may not be a good actor outside this show, but he definitely plays this character well. Dude is the personification of these corny new age fukkboi swag rappers. I think he plays it to the t.

He reminds me of that Kid Ink fakkit.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
saw a vid with professor griff talking about this, says its just reinforces stereotypes and pushes the gay agenda.I can see why such a show would score highly in ratings but why are heads in the film room on this filth :dahell:
nikkas love being buzz kills. This show ain't gonna turn anyone gay

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
LL

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Do you guys think this operates as a satire/parody on any level?

I was talking with some people and I've seen it said on a few other websites that people are legitimately reading it as a satire and a commentary on rap and the music industry.

I guess I can see that? But I never engaged it as such, just for the fukkery. But if it is a stone cold satire it was operating on a level that I couldn't really pick up :ohhh:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY

I was talking with some people and I've seen it said on a few other websites that people are legitimately reading it as a satire and a commentary on rap and the music industry.

I guess I can see that? But I never engaged it as such, just for the fukkery. But if it is a stone cold satire it was operating on a level that I couldn't really pick up :ohhh:

It has to be at this point. I mean the levels of fukkery are too high on this show. It can't be unintentional imo

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

definitely

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

To a degree yeah. All soaps are parodies in one way or another and this definitely satirizes the rap industry. Doesn't mean it's all insightful satire but it's still there

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
To a degree yeah. All soaps are parodies in one way or another and this definitely satirizes the rap industry. Doesn't mean it's all insightful satire but it's still there

Yeah, exactly. I think I look for something a bit more substantial with satire. Or I think satire holds a specific purpose. Empire ventures into parody for me, and even sometimes mild surrealism.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, exactly. I think I look for something a bit more substantial with satire. Or I think satire holds a specific purpose. Empire ventures into parody for me, and even sometimes mild surrealism.

Yeah I think it points out the hypocrisy of hip hop and even of the black community at times but it's mostly just a soap opera like Dallas or scandal or general hospital. It's no new revlelation that there are gay artists who hide it. Or that moguls are a$$holes and that artists get in relationships for their careers. But it's entertaining as hell