The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
What are you selling?
i wanna sell beauty products etc
just registered a free trial with spotify..set up business name and set my website(adding themes etc)
is this the way to go? any advice you can lend me

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
i wanna sell beauty products etc
just registered a free trial with spotify..set up business name and set my website(adding themes etc)
is this the way to go? any advice you can lend me
I'd probably advise you to start slow and see what works before going all in on it. I had I think maybe 3-4 brands fail last year before I found what worked and was able to scale it. You're also going to have to build trust in your brand.

Like before you put too much money in to it, I'd probably say to take just take about $200-300 and start flipping things on Amazon/Ebay from goodwill, thrift shops, etc. to build up your reviews.

If you're looking to start a business around beauty products, I'd say start with Etsy since it's pretty much geared toward females, their fees are low, their traffic is built in, and that's the ecommerce site that seems to do best with those types of products. You could still do your website as well but it's gonna be tough getting traffic in the beginning until you build up your social media following or learn which facebook ads work best.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I'd probably advise you to start slow and see what works before going all in on it. I had I think maybe 3-4 brands fail last year before I found what worked and was able to scale it. You're also going to have to build trust in your brand.

Like before you put too much money in to it, I'd probably say to take just take about $200-300 and start flipping things on Amazon/Ebay from goodwill, thrift shops, etc. to build up your reviews.

If you're looking to start a business around beauty products, I'd say start with Etsy since it's pretty much geared toward females, their fees are low, their traffic is built in, and that's the ecommerce site that seems to do best with those types of products. You could still do your website as well but it's gonna be tough getting traffic in the beginning until you build up your social media following or learn which facebook ads work best.

im probably going to start that. buy stuff from alibaba and create a amazon account?

Silkk

Daps
im probably going to start that. buy stuff from alibaba and create a amazon account?
That's more of the business brand/model. Private labeling/Customizing products from Alibaba suppliers and then selling them on Amazon/Your website under your brand name. Gonna take some time to find quality reliable suppliers though, receive your orders, test products, see what works, and scale it though.

Which is why I'd suggest reselling while you're doing that to build up your reviews, account history, trust, etc. and it's easy money.

Like you could find brand name electronics at Goodwill for like $10-15 that would flip on Amazon/Ebay for $80-$100+. Printers, VHS players, and Blu ray players are my go tos when it comes to electronics.

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
Ima complete noobs brehs im tryna expand into this just to makr extra income im reading through the thread and like always theres new termanology i have to get up to speed with but i just wanted to ask the brehs if theres any links or sources i can start reading to get better informed besides this thread. Any help would be appreciated brehs

Silkk

Daps
Ima complete noobs brehs im tryna expand into this just to makr extra income im reading through the thread and like always theres new termanology i have to get up to speed with but i just wanted to ask the brehs if theres any links or sources i can start reading to get better informed besides this thread. Any help would be appreciated brehs
Youtube, Use your best judgement on who you choose to listen to.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
I'm about to get in this game, close to getting my capital set up.

How do y'all handle taxes tho? Any resources?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Do you guys handle your own customer service? Some lady opened a chargeback on my yesterday. I know it's petty and part of the game but :martin:

I also drop most of my orders off at USPS, and this pandemic slowdown + trump fukkery + my post office already being ass is for sure affecting my business. :mjcry:

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Can someone put me on game on how to source products for Amazon FBA. I want to add it to as another source of revenue on top of my current stores in 2021. I used to work for a company that had Amazon as a client, I have a lot of experience navigating through seller central and was trained by them on how FBA works.

The only things stopping me from doing it before were funds (not an issue now, can fund this through my current stores and buy inventory in bulk if necessary) and product sourcing (still an issue). Not looking for a handout or a list of hot products, more so a strategy on how to identify profitable products.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli::beli: Been looking to eat, but does anyone know how to get approved for topicals on Amazon? I am getting bits and pieces here and there, but not the full 100.