The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
You aren't saying anything meaningful though. It sounds like you're trying to make an argument that I'm overly concerned about followers and not sales. But it is possible to focus on both of them at the same time, I don't have to choose between the two.

You don't know how much time I invest on Instagram or where within "5 figures" I fall in terms of IG generated revenue to be telling me that I spend too much time relative to my sales generated. What are you basing this on?

It's irrelevant if someone is making 2 million a year with a dead IG. There are business that have more revenue than me that don't have social media accounts. That's an asinine argument. Yes I'm aware you can generate revenue without an IG or without followers, the majority of my revenue has nothing to do with Instagram at all, that is only a portion of it.

Godspeed!

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
@Grizzly Where you been at breh?
I'm around, I usually pop in and out every few days/once a week/once a month, lol. It depends. I honestly mainly post on these private business forums though called TheVault.Click & ImGlory so I really ain't been as active on here as before. I had to interview for one and I pay monthly for the other (it's worth it) so I'm getting my money's worth, lol.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm around, I usually pop in and out every few days/once a week/once a month, lol. It depends. I honestly mainly post on these private business forums though called TheVault.Click & ImGlory so I really ain't been as active on here as before. I had to interview for one and I pay monthly for the other (it's worth it) so I'm getting my money's worth, lol.
:ohhh: My nikka done joined the illuminati

How I get in on that? :lupe:

You still messing with Ebay or you done with them?

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I’m late AF, but just got off a Zoom call regarding this so I figured I’d ask the brehs... basically a friend of a friend has done this at scale and has a bunch of very profitable stores (six figures in sales monthly) selling significant volume of all kinds of random items simply based on arbitrage and what makes the most money...

His pitch was- a significant upfront setup/consulting fee to get the store running, and then once you’re turning a decent profit (said it takes 3-4 months to qualify under the “buy now” button on Amazon), their cut is 35% of the profit from the store.

I’m good with that because I have a career that keeps me busy and want to be hands off. A lot of you guys are marketing and buying actual inventory, but his model was dropshipping and he doesn’t buy anything, simply fulfills orders from his supplier connections once a purchase is made through your store.

Can anyone provide insight as to whether this is a viable method to make passive income? Or does drop shopping limit you as far as how much you can actually make?

He explained that the 35% covers the cost of his “team” which I assume is overseas to constantly be price adjusting, finding new products to sell, customer service, etc. basically paying him to do all the work; which I’m good with, because I don’t have the time.

I just know absolutely nothing about e-commerce, so I figured I’d ask y’all. Any advice and input is appreciated!

Daps
I’m late AF, but just got off a Zoom call regarding this so I figured I’d ask the brehs... basically a friend of a friend has done this at scale and has a bunch of very profitable stores (six figures in sales monthly) selling significant volume of all kinds of random items simply based on arbitrage and what makes the most money...

His pitch was- a significant upfront setup/consulting fee to get the store running, and then once you’re turning a decent profit (said it takes 3-4 months to qualify under the “buy now” button on Amazon), their cut is 35% of the profit from the store.

I’m good with that because I have a career that keeps me busy and want to be hands off. A lot of you guys are marketing and buying actual inventory, but his model was dropshipping and he doesn’t buy anything, simply fulfills orders from his supplier connections once a purchase is made through your store.

Can anyone provide insight as to whether this is a viable method to make passive income? Or does drop shopping limit you as far as how much you can actually make?

He explained that the 35% covers the cost of his “team” which I assume is overseas to constantly be price adjusting, finding new products to sell, customer service, etc. basically paying him to do all the work; which I’m good with, because I don’t have the time.

I just know absolutely nothing about e-commerce, so I figured I’d ask y’all. Any advice and input is appreciated!

Run.

I have a journey thread on here making money out the gate on day 1.

About the Buy Now button. That's a bold face lie. You win the Buy Now button. There's no time requirement on it. Just ship FBA and have lowest price/match lowest price of other FBAers

Get yourself a resale certificate from your state and sell wholesale products. Rinse. Repeat.

35% cut? You'll never see a profit even if this were legit. Amazon gets their cut. Uncle Sam gets theirs. I haven't included buying the product and shipping.

If they're hitting homers, why do they need your money out the gate?

If you want to sit on your ass and earn money, put it in an index/ETF that follows the market and contribute to it every month.

Last edited:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Run.

I have a journey thread on here making money out the gate on day 1.

About the Buy Now button. That's a bold face lie. You win the Buy Now button. There's no time requirement on it. Just ship FBA and have lowest price/match lowest price of other FBAers

Get yourself a resale certificate from your state and sell wholesale products. Rinse. Repeat.

35% cut? You'll never see a profit even if this were legit. Amazon gets their cut. Uncle Sam gets theirs. I haven't included buying the product and shipping.

If they're hitting homers, why do they need your money out the gate?

If you want to sit on your ass and earn money, put it in an index/ETF that follows the market and contribute to it every month.

Great answer.

I can guarantee you that guy is a fukking scammer. Lmao. He said to get the Buy Now button? There is name and a term for it that all amazon sellers know. It's called Buy Box.

Most of these guys saying they make this and that are lying and arbitrage is a terrible business model with no scalability. That is for kids who wanna make an extra 1k profit a month and work just as hard if not harder than legit sellers.

I have been asked to mentor 5 new sellers and I cannot now. I habe no time. Just got off my co sulting gig and I have 4 people to talk to. Thats with 2 VAs and a wife to help me as well.

Just run breh. Save your money and look for a serious mentor.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself

Your "friend" needs 35% of an asswhooping for tryna bleed you dry like that

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
7k payment from Amazon on my new brand all profit. About to scale this brand again. Damn. I may break 7 fugures this year before Q4 if all my listings can manage to stay up.

I got 5 new products being made and 4 new ideas I have not even started yet. Gonna need more help and hire a bigger team. Might need 4 more VAs. I aint playing around this year.

Grateful for all I have accomplished. :blessed:

My greedy ass working with Corona patients for 15k a week though. Anyyway 4 more weeks and buying my RDX and getting Dad that new Rav4 and I m out. :blessed:

Guys my PM is open. I will try my best to help out. @#1 pick I did not forget you breh.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
7k payment from Amazon on my new brand all profit. About to scale this brand again. Damn. I may break 7 fugures this year before Q4 if all my listings can manage to stay up.

I got 5 new products being made and 4 new ideas I have not even started yet. Gonna need more help and hire a bigger team. Might need 4 more VAs. I aint playing around this year.

Grateful for all I have accomplished. :blessed:

My greedy ass working with Corona patients for 15k a week though. Anyyway 4 more weeks and buying my RDX and getting Dad that new Rav4 and I m out. :blessed:

Guys my PM is open. I will try my best to help out. @#1 pick I did not forget you breh.
Thanks breh!