The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
My IG strategy is basically:
-Identified the right hashtags (was easy because i have a really niche audience, so only 3-5 hashtags even matter)
-Post majority non-product posts, to organically drive up followers
-Mix in product posts to sell to that captive audience I've created
-Encourage people to post pics/vids of our products to IG via a promotion we insert into all orders, then repost these stories to our story (have had at least 15 this month). We do a giveaway every month and anyone who posts merch is entered.

I've had to put in a lot of work to create content for the account, but the plus side is I have 5 figure revenue year to date to Shopify from Instagram and have $0 adspend lifetime on that IG account. My audience is really active and engaged on IG though, so not sure how that translates to different products.
I'm very bad at this, I honestly have zero non product posts. Been thinking about posting thots & ass :bryan:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
My IG strategy is basically:
-Identified the right hashtags (was easy because i have a really niche audience, so only 3-5 hashtags even matter)
-Post majority non-product posts, to organically drive up followers
-Mix in product posts to sell to that captive audience I've created
-Encourage people to post pics/vids of our products to IG via a promotion we insert into all orders, then repost these stories to our story (have had at least 15 this month). We do a giveaway every month and anyone who posts merch is entered.

I've had to put in a lot of work to create content for the account, but the plus side is I have 5 figure revenue year to date to Shopify from Instagram and have $0 adspend lifetime on that IG account. My audience is really active and engaged on IG though, so not sure how that translates to different products.

50k followers and only 5 figures into q3? :gucci:

What is the goal breh?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
50k followers and only 5 figures into q3? :gucci:

What is the goal breh?

"Only 5 figures" sorry it's not impressive to you. How much revenue have you generated via IG this year without adspend?

What's your strategy?

If you have a more profitable way let me know.

My goal is to hit 75k followers by end of year and use that to drive Holiday Sales and then thru Valentine's Day. Last year we were at 25-30 going into holiday season, this year we'll be at least double.

Last edited:

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Does anyone do this stuff with their own merch/designs?

I want to set up a shop with some various products of my own, and ultimately have it as automated as i can get it but i i feel like most of the stuff I see is people selling other products that they get off alibaba or whatever

Also is there a thread in here about SEO and how to make sure your website is up to snuff there? I need to sit down and learn some basics of that and how to make sure im giving my site a shot at visibility

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
"Only 5 figures" sorry it's not impressive to you. How much revenue have you generated via IG this year without adspend?

What's your strategy?

If you have a more profitable way let me know.

My goal is to hit 75k followers by end of year and use that to drive Holiday Sales and then thru Valentine's Day. Last year we were at 25-30 going into holiday season, this year we'll be at least double.

this is your issue. You are proud of IG followers not ways to scale. What is your plan to scale this?

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Worst day yet. Major launch. I got three influencers signed to launch my first campaign. One had 900k followers, the other 350k, and the other 20k. The 20k engagement was basically what I expected for her and she delivered to a degree but no sells. The others were flops. I already reported both for scam. One already gave me my money back.

I am about to just Google Ads and Facebook Ads this bytch from here on out till I get good influencers who are worth a shyt. This is so fukking difficult it's insane. I can't get mfers to the store and my store is fukking fire much less the ones who do to put shyt in a shopping cart. One of the best in the industry already. fukk, I know this is just the beginning but dammit, I wanted to see some success. Just one fukking sale would make my fukking day. :damn:

I am glad you shared this breh. I hope the rep helps.

I had a thought that influencers may be cannabalized by the platform that they became influencers on. Maybe youtube is a little bit different but for something like IG, unless the post is promoted then IG has 0 incentive to even rank your posts. And then on top of that, likes and comments aren't sales, as you've found. I apologize if I am rubbing salt into your wounds. You've given me conviction to do the same thing.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
this is your issue. You are proud of IG followers not ways to scale. What is your plan to scale this?

The reason I'm "proud" of my Instagram followers, is because it's a numbers game to a certain extent.

The more followers you have (assuming they are engaged and you aren't doing stuff like buying followers, or playing follow/unfollow games) the easier it is to get reach and to get impressions.

Some of those impressions translate to clicks to the website via my profile link, via product posts (that have shoppable links built in), via my stories (that also have shoppable links built in) etc.

Some of those clicks through to my store convert over into sales. Part of my plan to scale this is to get even more followers so I can get more reach and more impressions. The amount of traffic and sales I've earned from IG>Shopify is directly proportional to my follower count increasing. Why is that an issue for you?

Silkk

Daps
Never really realized how shyt my facebook page was before smh.

Going through now and making an album for each product, uploading the photos, and editing the alt text. Then im gonna start testing out page promotions.

Also been sloppy on pinterest too. Didn’t realize that each pin had a one image limit, So i’m gonna go through as well there and get all of the product images uploaded to their own pin, along with optimizing the boards.
Already seeing an increase in traffic from facebook now that I went through and uploaded all of the pictures/albums correctly. Gonna promote my page later this week.

Got a few of the boards on pinterest done and saw some traffic on those two, got a lot of those left I still have to do though.

Silkk

Daps
Trying to finish up these 10 new designs and make sure I have enough stock on everything else so I can get my

tenor.gif

On all Q4 :blessed:

Silkk

Daps
Also updated my google my business page with all my images/albums as well. Photos views picking up there too.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
The reason I'm "proud" of my Instagram followers, is because it's a numbers game to a certain extent.

The more followers you have (assuming they are engaged and you aren't doing stuff like buying followers, or playing follow/unfollow games) the easier it is to get reach and to get impressions.

Some of those impressions translate to clicks to the website via my profile link, via product posts (that have shoppable links built in), via my stories (that also have shoppable links built in) etc.

Some of those clicks through to my store convert over into sales. Part of my plan to scale this is to get even more followers so I can get more reach and more impressions. The amount of traffic and sales I've earned from IG>Shopify is directly proportional to my follower count increasing. Why is that an issue for you?

Ah man. You are still on followers and followers bro.

Just think about sales instead. There is a supplement brand that makes over 2 mil a year and their IG is like dead lol.

Tou need to think more direct and 5 figures to me is not enough for your time spent.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Ah man. You are still on followers and followers bro.

Just think about sales instead. There is a supplement brand that makes over 2 mil a year and their IG is like dead lol.

Tou need to think more direct and 5 figures to me is not enough for your time spent.

You aren't saying anything meaningful though. It sounds like you're trying to make an argument that I'm overly concerned about followers and not sales. But it is possible to focus on both of them at the same time, I don't have to choose between the two.

You don't know how much time I invest on Instagram or where within "5 figures" I fall in terms of IG generated revenue to be telling me that I spend too much time relative to my sales generated. What are you basing this on?

It's irrelevant if someone is making 2 million a year with a dead IG. There are business that have more revenue than me that don't have social media accounts. That's an asinine argument. Yes I'm aware you can generate revenue without an IG or without followers, the majority of my revenue has nothing to do with Instagram at all, that is only a portion of it.

Silkk

Daps
3 checkout sessions off only 8 visitors before 9AM :ehh:

Let me jump my ass back on this pinterest shyt. Any other good places/websites to post product images to get traffic from?