The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
This movie was so fukking bad.

I actually loved the first Doctor Strange movie and I really enjoy the character.

But this was just awful.

Hopefully Sam Raimi will never direct another MCU film again. The acting was horrible…The girl who played America Chavez was Disney channel bad. Elizabeth Olson was cheesy as fukk. shyt was straight up cringe.

I know Raimi is known for all that cheesy B movie horror shyt, but it really shouldn’t have been used in this movie.

Honestly besides NWH, post Infinity War MCU has been subpar. Hopefully Love & Thunder gets the train back on the rails.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

I actually loved the first Doctor Strange movie and I really enjoy the character.

But this was just awful.

Hopefully Sam Raimi will never direct another MCU film again. The acting was horrible…The girl who played America Chavez was Disney channel bad. Elizabeth Olson was cheesy as fukk. shyt was straight up cringe.

I know Raimi is known for all that cheesy B movie horror shyt, but it really shouldn’t have been used in this movie.

Honestly besides NWH, post Infinity War MCU has been subpar. Hopefully Love & Thunder gets the train back on the rails.
NWH was pure pandering and nostalgia

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Anna Taylor Joy being Nikki in the woods was great but the movie is an HD snoosefest , especially in the beginning.

This is where Shakespeare got hamlet from. So go watch the Mel Gibson version again

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
As far as Eggers is concerned, i hated the witch (thought he stayed true to the time period and black phillip was hilarious :russ:). This movie was way better than that, can't wait to see it in 4K

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is NOTHING special about this film. I’m actually surprised at how much praise it’s getting in this thread.

The storyline is a variation of the same fairytale we’ve seen told a million times already. Kid gets his perfect life uprooted by a traitor who kills his father so the kid goes into banishment to spend his life working towards getting his vengeance. At this point, this revenge fairytale has been told more than the save the captured beauty fairytale. This mid storyline (and yes, the “twist” didn’t make it rise above mid levels) is backed by weak writing. Which I’m ok with when it comes to fairytales/folklore/action flicks just pointing out that the writing doesn’t elevate the movie either. Everything just…happens…cuz it needed to happen to fulfill the folklore. Lamed out by not using subtitles; everyone just knows how to speak English, even the low born slaves from far away lands. Kinda glad they did, cuz this movie ain’t worth reading subtitles throughout, but this is the kind of movie that if they did use subtitles and someone came in here complaining, everyone would be lambasting that person talking about how the subtitles were necessary to keep the movie’s authentic feel. Instead they reserved the non-English speaking to chants, songs, and random unimportant conversations.

The movie does have good aesthetics, but it’s really on par for what you’d expect out of Hollywood budget movie in 2022. There was nothing they did that could be considered a leap in terms of advancement in cinematography. No special shot, no special angle, no special lighting, or some other technique.

The only reason I could think that someone would be really wowed by this movie is if they’re obsessed/intrigued by CaC barbarism. It gave some glimpses into their barbaric lifestyles that I could see some people enjoying since you don’t often see those presented on screen that much with such a big budget behind it. I wouldn’t even feel comfortable recommending this movie unless it was to someone I knew really liked seeing stories from that time period.
This post is hilarious

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

But this was just awful.

Nwh was trash as fukk tbh

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
NWH was dope on first watch. Not much replayability though.
Shang-Chi I was disappointed. It was fun but peaked in Act 1. Act 2 was mid and Act 3 was on fumes for me.
MoM is the best phase 4 film so far. I have high expectations for Thor 4. Taika is that dude. No one was checking for Thor 3 at all and he came outta that movie my new favorite Avenger.

Last edited: