The official deavors 2023 thread .

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Timestamped

Basically before they got released and before they got took off TV, they pitched;

Fixers (for Dolph or Miz)

The Answer (A cult, basically like the Red Pill)

To me this is exactly what current NXT does very well. HBK Head Chef cooking up a storm.

I thought the fukkery peaked when Pretty Deadly got murdered live on TV and showed up on Smackdown :deadrose:.

NXT is the best thing going, but, that doesn't mean the main roster is bad

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
He's not wrong about that at all. There were guys who were rarely used in NXT who ended up doing a lot more on the main roster because Vince liked them better than HHH. Boogs, Elias, Omos, Madcap.
Apparently, Road Dogg was pushing Triple 👃👃👃 to showcase Boogs more on NXT, but 👃👃👃 didn't want to

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Everyone has their favorites, I don't know if Omos is being purposely held back or not, but I do think Montez Ford is being held back to an extent and I'm not sure why. Do I think Vince is a racist? I don't have to think it, he's proven to be a racist over the course of 40 years.

Do I think Hunter is a racist? He's done some questionable shyt too but he hasn't been in power as long and he's in power during a time where he'd certainly be scrutinized more because of the existence of social media and the internet.

Vince could do any type of wild shyt in the 80s and it just existed inside the wrestling bubble so most people didn't see it or care.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Everyone has their favorites, I don't know if Omos is being purposely held back or not, but I do think Montez Ford is being held back to an extent and I'm not sure why. Do I think Vince is a racist? I don't have to think it, he's proven to be a racist over the course of 40 years.

Do I think Hunter is a racist? He's done some questionable shyt too but he hasn't been in power as long and he's in power during a time where he'd certainly be scrutinized more because of the existence of social media and the internet.

Vince could do any type of wild shyt in the 80s and it just existed inside the wrestling bubble so most people didn't see it or care.
Montez is not being held back, he just had a dark match after SD with John Cena.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Montez is not being held back, he just had a dark match after SD with John Cena.

So? Theory had a match with Cena at WrestleMania. Who do you think has more value? Montez put on a star making performance as a singles wrestler damn near a year ago and they did nothing with the momentum he had. I like the Profits as a team and I like they are now with Lashley so I'm cool with it but I'm not gonna pretend that Montez hasn't been ready for a singles push for the past 2 years now.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
So? Theory had a match with Cena at WrestleMania. Who do you think has more value? Montez put on a star making performance as a singles wrestler damn near a year ago and they did nothing with the momentum he had. I like the Profits as a team and I like they are now with Lashley so I'm cool with it but I'm not gonna pretend that Montez hasn't been ready for a singles push for the past 2 years now.
Because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean he's held back. If you ask him I'm sure he'd disagree that he's held back. Seems like things are cooking with Lashley, maybe he finally gets the goofy out of them so it can finally happen.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean he's held back.

That's pretty much exactly what it means Lol. He's been ready for two years. I didn't say it won't happen at all but it hasn't yet and there's not really a good reason I've seen on it. You say "he needs to knock off the goofy shyt". HE DID. He was a star in the Elimination Chamber. New gear, new look, he had a main event aura about him.

You can say his time will come and maybe it will but you can't tell me that Austin fukking Theory is "ready" for prime time but Montez hasn't been :mjpls:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
That's pretty much exactly what it means Lol. He's been ready for two years. I didn't say it won't happen at all but it hasn't yet and there's not really a good reason I've seen on it. You say "he needs to knock off the goofy shyt". HE DID. He was a star in the Elimination Chamber. New gear, new look, he had a main event aura about him.

You can say his time will come and maybe it will but you can't tell me that Austin fukking Theory is "ready" for prime time but Montez hasn't been :mjpls:
I never mentioned Theory you did. Nah Montez was still doing the goofy stuff a few weeks back, especially in the promos but I think that's intentional because hopefully they have Bobby make them get serious real quick so people will see that change.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Yeah I'm mentioning Theory for a specific reason. Because he's a generic cac who clearly has not been ready for prime time but they've repeatedly pushed him and gave him the opportunities regardless. But Montez has to wait longer? it's nonsense.

:mjlol: :mjpls:
I'm not supporting them pushing Theory, never did but that in no way means they are holding Montez back. Especially now. I knew Montez had star written all over him since I first saw him in NXT but I also know these things take time. I hope he's one of the biggest stars they've ever had there. But in the end there is nothing I can do but wait for it to happen.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
These batch of releases I’m lowkey not surprised about. :ehh:

When it comes to Dolph, I guess you say it’s surprising but not really when Dolph himself has been phoning it in for the last several years. He even said himself that he wanted to leave a few years ago but they begged him to stay. So he was like “fukk it :obama:” and got that check. Not even mad at him.

Even though Vince didn’t see much in him. He made an impact and will mos def go into the HOF in the next few years.

When it comes to Matt Riddle? I mean shyt…he burned way too many bridges. It is what it is..

Mustafa Ali was the only surprise cause they literally booked him for NXT. It almost felt personal…but he been wanted out so it is what it is. I can see him killing it in AEW if TK wants him.

The rest that got released? They were literally chilling in catering and had NOTHING for them creatively. Top Dolla getting released but keeping the rest of Hit Row was a choice. Adonis and B-Fab bout to be in “Main Event” purgatory or get sent back down to NXT.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
These batch of releases I’m lowkey not surprised about. :ehh:

When it comes to Dolph, I guess you say it’s surprising but not really when Dolph himself has been phoning it in for the last several years. He even said himself that he wanted to leave a few years ago but they begged him to stay. So he was like “fukk it :obama:” and got that check. Not even mad at him.

Even though Vince didn’t see much in him. He made an impact and will mos def go into the HOF in the next few years.

When it comes to Matt Riddle? I mean shyt…he burned way too many bridges. It is what it is..

Mustafa Ali was the only surprise cause they literally booked him for NXT. It almost felt personal…but he been wanted out so it is what it is. I can see him killing it in AEW if TK wants him.

The rest that got released? They were literally chilling in catering and had NOTHING for them creatively. Top Dolla getting released but keeping the rest of Hit Row was a choice. Adonis and B-Fab bout to be in “Main Event” purgatory or get sent back down to NXT.
I think Dolph knew the writing was on the wall. His brother posted this a few days before the releases.