The official deavors 2023 thread .

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
He's not wrong about that at all. There were guys who were rarely used in NXT who ended up doing a lot more on the main roster because Vince liked them better than HHH. Boogs, Elias, Omos, Madcap.

It's a catch 22.

Vince's vision is warped but he will hold down those that actually have some form of legs. As much as folks hate to admit it, Vince is WWE. Trips legit turning the shyt into Ring of Honor with WCW funk, and while I enjoy such things from time to time ..I'm starting to see why gimmicks and goofy shyt matters in the world of professional wrestling.

Without it, it's just work rate with no soul.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
It's a catch 22.

Vince's vision is warped but he will hold down those that actually have some form of legs. As much as folks hate to admit it, Vince is WWE. Trips legit turning the shyt into Ring of Honor with WCW funk, and while I enjoy such things from time to time ..I'm starting to see why gimmicks and goofy shyt matters in the world of professional wrestling.

I mean HHH still attempting the goofy shyt with Otis and Gable but is more reigned in. Probably why Alpha Academy has been good. He needs to find that happy medium with other goofy characters.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I mean HHH still attempting the goofy shyt with Otis and Gable but is more reigned in. Probably why Alpha Academy has been good. He needs to find that happy medium with other goofy characters.

Touche' but his endgame has always been serious black and gold rock nonsense that damn near make NXT a slog to get through. Trips weakness is seeing himself through wrestlers, instead of seeing the true vision of the wrestler.

Dude needs to bring up Hicklebottom to bridge the gap :wow:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Touche' but his endgame has always been serious black and gold rock nonsense that damn near make NXT a slog to get through. Trips weakness is seeing himself through wrestlers, instead of seeing the true vision of the wrestler.

Him and HBK together would work wonders on main roster creative. He should do it.

Have HBK work the tag teams and the woman’s division and he can hold the fork with Heyman in the main event scene.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
The fumbling of OmGOATs reeks of Trips doing :mjpls:

I think Hunter likes him. The problem I think is he doesn’t want to overuse a big man utility guy like Omos. He probably wants to keep him as a special attraction. Just my assumption.

Basically doesn’t want to run him down the ground like Vince did with Big Show.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe

You inching close to slander :ufdup: but I understand the criticisms and acknowledge them.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You inching close to slander :ufdup: but I understand the criticisms and acknowledge them.

I'm saying Hicklebottom saved NXT and made it into NXXXT :whew: . When the jawn hits Peacock a day later, me and the Joey run to the couch like Snick on Saturday:blessed:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
It's a catch 22.

I need a bit of both. Not enough story telling the shows become mondaine. However if a show features not enough good wrestling it makes me care less about the matches. You gotta have both for fans to be invested into the product.

I like the approach of NXT being campy, RAW being the more work/black and gold style show, and smackdown having the more traditional WWE sports entertainment approach.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I need a bit of both. Not enough story telling the shows become mondaine. However if a show features not enough good wrestling it makes me care less about the matches. You gotta have both for fans to be invested into the product.

I like the approach of NXT being campy, RAW being the more work/black and gold style show, and smackdown having the more traditional WWE sports entertainment approach.
To me this is exactly what current NXT does very well. HBK Head Chef cooking up a storm.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I mean these big brute guys have lost their appeal since HHH joined creative for the most part.

That’s a glaring negative imo
Like it or not this the way the industry is going. New fans want to see themselves in wrestlers now vs a scary monsters.

Last edited: