The official deavors 2023 thread .

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Well when this deal happened, they were saying he was going to be pushed out. Especially since Vince was kept on by Emmanuel.

Did something change? I haven't followed since then
That was speculation because of Vince’s Pettiness Now with Vince on the way out by the looks of thing that’s not the case right now

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Endeavor bought the UFC. The Fertitta's left

Dana is as locked as he's ever going to be.

They aren't going to Ted Turner hand the Key's to the Pizza Man

I hear you breh, but it's not really apples to apples. UFC is a legit sport, the fighters fight and rise up the ranks, which basically sells itself. Dana and his team don't have to create weekly storylines, write multiple scripts every week for shows,write promos, etc. Occasionally put a mic in a fighters face and let him talk some trash. But that's about it.

WWE is a whole different animal.

I would feel better with the sale if Endeavor took over in name only and financial backing.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think it's time to doom and gloom yet. Tickets are still selling like hotcakes. PPVs have been massive. WrestleMania 40 is going to be huge. Etc. Plus, they did get an increase in revenue from moving to USA in this deal but I agree it might be a "at what cost?"

There's some things to be concerned about. Not necessarily Vince but I would hate to see Triple H leave. I don't really trust anyone else under that umbrella.

We knew roster cuts would come and so far there's nothing egregious.

I think in the long run moving from FOX to USA will devalue the SD! brand and I think that's part of the reason why the stock went down after the announcement but there were other factors at play too.

But again, it's way too early to be concerned. The recent RAW ratings though have been abysmal. That show has fallen off a cliff in terms of general interest.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I never said that they were going to hand the keys to Dana assuming that's who the Pizza Man is. Endeavor can hand the reigns to whoever they want.

New regimes like to bring in their own people and make their own changes, which we're already starting to see now. For that reason, HHH isn't safe. HHH doesn't have the power and backing anymore if anyone tries to force his hand.
No.

I meant Endeavor bought UFC. The Fertitta's the OWNERS of UFC left. Dana their number one guy some stake owner stayed.
Endeavor bought WWE. Even if Vince leaves. They are likely going to keep Triple H, or any other people with Wrestling Experience in charge.

The comment about the Pizza Man

Is because Ted Turner bought Crocket Promotions. And had a bunch of terrible people in charge one of which is the Pizza man Jim Herd. And because of management like that Vince ultimately bought WCW for pennies on the dollar.

Endeavor doesn't seem to operate like that.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No.

I meant Endeavor bought UFC. The Fertitta's the OWNERS of UFC left. Dana their number one guy some stake owner stayed.
Endeavor bought WWE. Even if Vince leaves. They are likely going to keep Triple H, or any other people with Wrestling Experience in charge.

The comment about the Pizza Man

Is because Ted Turner bought Crocket Promotions. And had a bunch of terrible people in charge one of which is the Pizza man Jim Herd. And because of management like that Vince ultimately bought WCW for pennies on the dollar.

Endeavor doesn't seem to operate like that.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that because you’re assuming that they care about wrestling history and lore. As someone already said, WWE and UFC are not an apples to apples comparison.

HHH just doesn’t have the power and influence that someone like Dana White has and that’s just the truth of the matter. The only person that does is Vince.

Ask HHH and those other guys in the back and I’m sure they’d tell you that they’re hesitant about their futures.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
HVpqDQSHBow_iNeK0-3ALhQHwFjL7DyfQ9Pz3b8Yc7nQRDH-5EZyI6roIz5emFA9OdvwOTr3B8R4vQ=s1024-nd-v1
When NO CHANCE starts playing over the P.A. system at Daily's Place :wow:

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t be so sure about that because you’re assuming that they care about wrestling history and lore. As someone already said, WWE and UFC are not an apples to apples comparison.

HHH just doesn’t have the power and influence that someone like Dana White has and that’s just the truth of the matter. The only person that does is Vince.

Ask HHH and those other guys in the back and I’m sure they’d tell you that they’re hesitant about their futures.
Agree to disagree but

Using that logic WWE isn't just an apples to apples entertainment/media Company.

So again I side with the UFC precedent of keeping people with the "business line knowledge" in charge over outsiders.