The official deavors 2023 thread .

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
There are some of the most light hearted responses to releases I've seen in awhile. Interesting.

Vince stepping down again wouldn't be too shocking. It seems like he just wanted to fukk over HHH and Steph one last time. If TKO can figure out a way to keep him around they will though.

Lot more options and opportunities for exposure now than a few years ago. People want to be the next Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks, and Matt Cardona.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Only three I see TK for sure going after are Ali, Benjamin, and Ziggler with Ziggler the most likely.

After that I just don’t see it. Perhaps maybe Elias or Moss but I don’t see that happening. He’s gradually slimming down the roster by letting contracts expire and has really scaled back on signing new talent.

If this website is correct, he’s only signed 12 wrestlers this year. And of that 12…
  • Skye Blue was already signed to a tiered deal and got promoted to full time so not a brand new signing
  • Nick Wayne was on a futures deal until he signed on full-time when he turned 18 so not a brand new signing.
  • Stu Grayson was a returning talent and is basically exclusive to ROH it seems so not really a new signing.
  • Mark Briscoe was already signed prior to 2023 on an AEW/ROH deal but WBD wasn’t letting TK use him in ROH until after his brother died. So he wasn’t even really signed this year, he just got to be used in AEW for the first time this year.
So really that’s really only 8 wrestlers he has legitimately brought in on full-time deals for this entire year. And 7 of those 8 have been featured a lot in AEW or ROH. The 8th is EJ Nduka who was signed when he was injured and just debuted in a dark match last week.

Unless TK has plans to use someone a lot, he isn’t signing them anymore just to be a warm body on the roster. And if that’s all they are, he’s largely letting them leave - see Sonny Kiss, Trench, and Pillman Jr, for example.

Like you said, this isn’t the AEW of yesteryear where he’s just going to snatch up anyone with a pulse. He’s got more depth than he can ever possibly use now thanks to New Japan defections and a boatload of ex-WWE guys.
And he still has Ospreay who's contract is ending soon

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why would she ask for a release? I don't see any options for her. She's cool, she has a little potential but who is gonna bite that would be a better situation?

I'd need to see it confirmed that she actually asked for it.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Why would she ask for a release? I don't see any options for her. She's cool, she has a little potential but who is gonna bite that would be a better situation?

I'd need to see it confirmed that she actually asked for it.
Could be anything, family, lost the passion or w/e. All we know is we know nothing.