The official deavors 2023 thread .

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Im confused... what's with this anti black shyt disguised as pro black shyt.... when gable teamed with Otis nobody complained about "whites being randomly lumped together in a tag team" when Dolph Ziggler teamed with Bobby Roode nobody was up in arms.... Toxic attraction, undisputed era, the wyatts and DX wasn't considered "white groups"

Its natural for white people to get up in arms when we team up but why are black people acting sus?

If I called the NWO a white group the response would be "but they had Virgil and stevie Ray"
So its ok for black wrestlers to be bottom of the totem pole in a group just as long as we aren't grouping them together... because lord knows the Bullet club just got its first black member last year in Chris Bey but nikkas is mad about nikkas wanting the hurt business back.

and for all the "nation of domination" people out there the original group was a black man, a white man and a Puerto rican man.... we can't even have our own shyt

nikkas in TSC were saying shyt about putting Riddikk Moss, Baron Corbin and Shayna Baszler in the hurt business.... but I never heard them clamoring for Lio Rush, Swerve or Ricochet to join the UE or how Jakara Jackson was the missing piece to Toxic attraction....

"Anti-black" ??? :dahell:

I ain't ask no brehs to get fired? Where'd u get that.

I want black wrestlers to get opportunities, not be thrown together with another breh they don't have chemistry with because they black.

I love the new Street Profits x Bobby pairing because it makes sense.

I don't get the the arguement you're trying to make :mjlol:You think I don't like black wrestlers?

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
"Anti-black" ??? :dahell:

I ain't ask no brehs to get fired? Where'd u get that.

I want black wrestlers to get opportunities, not be thrown together with another breh they don't have chemistry with because they black.

I love the new Street Profits x Bobby pairing because it makes sense.

I don't get the the arguement you're trying to make :mjlol:You think I don't like black wrestlers?

Street profits were an actual randomly thrown together pairing of black wrestlers in NXT that made no sense... now look at them.. It won't be known if you have chemistry until there's time to mesh. By your own words the profits shouldn't even exist

Its subconsciously anti black to shyt on everything black people do. Everytime a black wrestler talks to another black wrestler the nation of domination weirdos assemble. Is being put in a group not an opportunity? That means they took time to make plans for you as a wrestler.

You may like black wrestlers but that "don't put them all together" stuff is a white racist talking point. And when exactly are ALL black wrestlers being put together in the first place?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Many of these cuts never or did extremely little wrestling outside of WWE. They are going to be in a rude awakening about the hustle they going to have to put in to make a living in the business.

I hope they do well with whatever they do, but I hope they get insight and advice from people that know what they are doing in the industry outside of AEW/WWE if they want to stay in the industry. They going to need to learn how to market themselves if they don’t already.

AEW likely isn’t going to be coming in to save the day by swooping up a ton of these people like in the past. Can’t see TK going after any of these nobody NXT talents unless he seems to think they have a bright future. He’ll surely go after some of the main roster cuts though. Even if AEW signs them, unless TK wants to push them, they are just going to be in the same place they were in WWE - getting paid and not getting used.

Impact is probably going to go after some but these talents will need to supplement their Impact income with other ventures, rather that be indie bookings or other stuff. Will probably get used pretty decently there though.

New Japan probably isn’t even going to be taking any looks at anyone with their financials, I’d imagine.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Tony Khan Daniel Garcia Dance GIF - Tony Khan Daniel Garcia Dance Tony Khan Daniel Garcia GIFs

Pepe Lepew moves :laff:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Is NJPW doing poorly right now?

Their parent company Bushiroad has had a bad year. Stardom is actually doing really well for them but that's one of the only things in the corporation that had a good year.

This is not the same landscape as 2019 in wrestling. I could see Tony Khan signing Dolph sure but I don't see him signing a bunch of people off that list. I think he's waiting on some bigger names.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Their parent company Bushiroad has had a bad year. Stardom is actually doing really well for them but that's one of the only things in the corporation that had a good year.

This is not the same landscape as 2019 in wrestling. I could see Tony Khan signing Dolph sure but I don't see him signing a bunch of people off that list. I think he's waiting on some bigger names.
Only three I see TK for sure going after are Ali, Benjamin, and Ziggler with Ziggler the most likely.

After that I just don’t see it. Perhaps maybe Elias or Moss but I don’t see that happening. He’s gradually slimming down the roster by letting contracts expire and has really scaled back on signing new talent.

If this website is correct, he’s only signed 12 wrestlers this year. And of that 12…
  • Skye Blue was already signed to a tiered deal and got promoted to full time so not a brand new signing
  • Nick Wayne was on a futures deal until he signed on full-time when he turned 18 so not a brand new signing.
  • Stu Grayson was a returning talent and is basically exclusive to ROH it seems so not really a new signing.
  • Mark Briscoe was already signed prior to 2023 on an AEW/ROH deal but WBD wasn’t letting TK use him in ROH until after his brother died. So he wasn’t even really signed this year, he just got to be used in AEW for the first time this year.
So really that’s really only 8 wrestlers he has legitimately brought in on full-time deals for this entire year. And 7 of those 8 have been featured a lot in AEW or ROH. The 8th is EJ Nduka who was signed when he was injured and just debuted in a dark match last week.

Unless TK has plans to use someone a lot, he isn’t signing them anymore just to be a warm body on the roster. And if that’s all they are, he’s largely letting them leave - see Sonny Kiss, Trench, and Pillman Jr, for example.

Like you said, this isn’t the AEW of yesteryear where he’s just going to snatch up anyone with a pulse. He’s got more depth than he can ever possibly use now thanks to New Japan defections and a boatload of ex-WWE guys.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Street profits were an actual randomly thrown together pairing of black wrestlers in NXT that made no sense... now look at them.. It won't be known if you have chemistry until there's time to mesh. By your own words the profits shouldn't even exist

Its subconsciously anti black to shyt on everything black people do. Everytime a black wrestler talks to another black wrestler the nation of domination weirdos assemble. Is being put in a group not an opportunity? That means they took time to make plans for you as a wrestler.

You may like black wrestlers but that "don't put them all together" stuff is a white racist talking point. And when exactly are ALL black wrestlers being put together in the first place?

Breh, again; I don't know what your argument is here.

I said I didn't want to see Shante and Cedric together. That's it. You bring up the Bullet Club and racist whtie ppl.

I'm not your cup of tea, click my avi and hit "Ignore." I'm a grown ass man, I'm not bout to get in a "pro-black" off with you.

I'm in another tab given two different black creators money outta my pocket because I wanna see them rise. :mjlol:

I don't want Dakota Kai and Nia Jax in the Bloodline just because they Samoan--guess I hate Samaons, too :laff:

Here they are for the ppl who wanna support