The Official DC/Maryland/Virginia Area Thread

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
not true.

Latinos are moving into inside the beltway PG (Oxon Hill, Landover, Temple Hills, etc.) as Hyattsville/College Park/Mt. Rainier area gentrifies and diversifies. upper middle class blacks are outside the beltway like Bowie, Ft. Washington, Brandydwin or moving out to Charles County or other places in Maryland. like Montgomery County, Howard and Anne Arundel. PG has a large Caribbean (mostly Jamaican ) and very large African population (especially Nigerians and other West Africans), mostly in the northern and central parts of PG.

DC 's black pop. is like 95% AA and PG's blacks is more like 75-80% AA. only places like Boston, NJ, and Miami have super diverse black pos.
I haven't been there in years so I'll take your word for it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Smh, I hope Trayon ain’t just get caught up in some shyt. Dwights must be getting more aggressive in tryna take over Ward 8. It got some of the best views in the city so they not gon let up :sadcam:
Damn Homie has been looked at wierdly for years but I think it's like Marion Barry if he really was doing illegal shyt he would've been bagged a long time ago.

Ward 8 *at least back in the day* didn't have money so like Barry he probably took some paper bag money as political donations but he ain't stealing.

It was the same thing with Calvin Lockridge people assumed he was stealing and he was low key tapped in but again he's a hood politician it's not like if a nikka slid him bread that it would stop a federal conviction.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Visited the area for three days, at the airport headed back to West coast. Was last here in '22

1. Where did all these Mexicans come from in Baltimore? Noticed them in Herndon previously, but who cares about Herndon? Wasn't expecting them in Baltimore.

2. Living anywhere outside of DC seems untenable at this point. I remember liking Columbia and a few other places in the past but yea, I can't see living outside the city.

Maynlbe California ruined me but nothing was hitting like it used to. Maybe I'm just getting old.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
My guess is some money laundering type shyt. And I’m leaning towards him not even fully understanding the part he played in the alleged scheme.

As long as it’s not nothing to do with kids his rep will stay intact. Less important if they lock him up but still.

Prolly got his potnas some city contracts.

Bowser in hot water for this nonsense.

Politicians and City Workers get extra scrutiny if you know what I mean - and this town is run by the most crooked people in the country - Pres, Congress, Supremes + The Military Industrial Complex.

*As I happily collect my checks from Babylon Inc*

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
not true.

Latinos are moving into inside the beltway PG (Oxon Hill, Landover, Temple Hills, etc.) as Hyattsville/College Park/Mt. Rainier area gentrifies and diversifies. upper middle class blacks are outside the beltway like Bowie, Ft. Washington, Brandydwin or moving out to Charles County or other places in Maryland. like Montgomery County, Howard and Anne Arundel. PG has a large Caribbean (mostly Jamaican ) and very large African population (especially Nigerians and other West Africans), mostly in the northern and central parts of PG.

DC 's black pop. is like 95% AA and PG's blacks is more like 75-80% AA. only places like Boston, NJ, and Miami have super diverse black pos.

Article about a couple in Accokeek

Example of where the black bourgeoise is in PG and what they do

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Where's a good place to park when you visit DC? I want to explore the town but I ain't trying to have my shyt busted or ticketed.

What would recommend? Would like to walk most the places I visit.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Where's a good place to park when you visit DC? I want to explore the town but I ain't trying to have my shyt busted or ticketed.

What would recommend? Would like to walk most the places I visit.
There’s a parking garage on e street across from the Warner theater, close to the museums.

Also a ton of street parking on Madison Dr and Jefferson Dr which are right in front of the museums. You’d need to download ParkMobile so you can pay for parking throughout the day.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Article about a couple in Accokeek

Example of where the black bourgeoise is in PG and what they do

Lotta low key (and high key) classism and racism in the article.

Angela and Price Floyd, a tax strategist and real estate consultant, decided to buy the nearly 9,000-square-foot home in 2020 for $700,000. The average sales price for this area is between $350,000 to $450,000 depending on the home’s size, age and condition, said local realtor Jonathan Benya.
^we're just telling you about the price

The Floyds have five kids, and Prince Floyd is one of eight siblings with more than 100 first cousins.
^we're just describing the family

The Floyds renovated the home, which had mold, busted out windows and a defunct indoor pool. Now, records show it is assessed at more than $920,000.
^We're just telling you about the home price.

The walls surrounding the property boast customized Floyd Estates plaques and emblems. Visitors enter through one of four gates. Two stone lion statues stand guard on either side of the front door. There are two Jet Skis and a boat, and several cars in the driveway, including Angela Floyd’s Maserati with the plate “TAXBOSS.”
^it's not racism, it's classism...

This could include a “noisy party,” as well as revving of car engines, screaming and fighting and other disturbances.
^Mm hmm
said the Floyds hired security for their gatherings, which made her feel uneasy.
^Damned if you do, damned if you don't

there were several instances when neighbors approached their guests.

Mm hmm.

he “verbally abused me and bullied me.” Femia, who is White, alleged Prince Floyd “tried to run me over at the mailbox and threaten me again with verbal statements.”

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
There’s a parking garage on e street across from the Warner theater, close to the museums.

Also a ton of street parking on Madison Dr and Jefferson Dr which are right in front of the museums. You’d need to download ParkMobile so you can pay for parking throughout the day.

look at runparking.com.

check reviews :ufdup:
Thanks

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC

The Post says it’s bribery related. No real info yet.

Agreed on tape to accept $156k in exchange for extending contract

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Agreed on tape to accept $156k in exchange for extending contract
This is a dream come true for the colonizers. The alleged bribe is related to the violence interruption programs. They hate that program as much as they hate him.