Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
DC is getting washed by Marvel. If they wanna actaully be competitive with them revenue wise and quality wise I don't think it's a bad idea to take a break and hit the drawing board :yeshrug:

marvel has their own issues. BP2 not even gonna get to $900m w/ all that hype... DC just needs to put out good movies

The Batman did close to $800m in a shortened theater run before debut on hbo max.. obviously well received. Gunn was hired for the future so he's ending the past...stan

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
O
marvel has their own issues. BP2 not even gonna get to $900m w/ all that hype... DC just needs to put out good movies

The Batman did close to $800m in a shortened theater run before debut on hbo max.. obviously well received. Gunn was hired for the future so he's ending the past...stan

I don't think there's any dispute that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been mediocre to trash lately but at least it has a structured timeline and time frame for when their films will be released and when characters will be introduced this is like the second or third reboot that's taking place in the last 6 years

This is ridiculous

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
what reboot? outside of Batman.. what was rebooted? :dahell:

Cavil in limbo, Justice League extended version, tossing in Black Adam randomly.

Maybe a better way of putting it is just a directionless hot mess with no actual structure in place.

I can't fault them for ending it the way that they did but if they're looking for a specific launch point and LaunchPad the Batman and going forward is the way to go.

As a fan of these properties this is just painful to watch

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I'm all for starting over. It's really needed to distance yourself from the Snyderverse if you want to make a name at your new job.

But, this tweet right here though :usure:

I don't think that's the case at all they made pretty clear and previous interviews the new discovery CEO was sick and tired of Superman sitting on the sidelines

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
"And Aquaman 2 may be the last time we see Momoa as Arthur Curry, tho fear not... he's being eyed for a Lobo movie."

What the fukk? :dahell:

Can someone make this make sense? :mjlol:
Well momoa is legitimately the opposite type of actor you cast as aquaman, and hes perfect for lobo…along with the fact he is a HUGE fan of the character (think i read he owns every lobo comic) aquaman was his way to get into a super hero film. He was runner up for the role of drax…they are rebooting shyt so we will get a more Aquaman like Aquaman.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have to especially when you consider the Discovery Warner Brothers merger is still taking place and all you going to get is a bunch of half-assed efforts.

Let Pattinson be your launch point. Because this is ridiculous.

The MCU has been terrible lately but at least it's a PLAN WITH STRUCTURE AND DIRECTION.
Cant launch anything off pattison cause that Batman universe is too grounded. Thats a one off like the joker movies.

Having A PLAN is better than having No Plan which is why they should have let Synder finish his story arc cause they had nothing better and just really wasted a bunch time and released trash. They could have wrapped the whole Synderverse up with 3 movies and then rebooted with the flash.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Maybe a better way of putting it is just a directionless hot mess with no actual structure in place.

what structure? why does every movie need to connect. That was cool for Thanos... that story is done. Phase 4 was a disaster for Marvel. if sh-t has to connect it also has to be compelling which phase 4 was not..

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
what structure? why does every movie need to connect. That was cool for Thanos... that story is done. Phase 4 was a disaster for Marvel. if sh-t has to connect it also has to be compelling which phase 4 was not..

I'd take Marvel 08-2018 over this shyt anyday. And yes Phase 4 was a joke.

But it's not even about the connected universe. The films have been ass for the most part.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I don't think that's the case at all they made pretty clear and previous interviews the new discovery CEO was sick and tired of Superman sitting on the sidelines
And gunn is a huge superman fan, even making a clone superman film. I think henry will be superman but they wont mention any previous versions of the character (like MoS, fighting steppin wolf etc)

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
But they haven't. The Suicide Squad was 91% on RT. The Batman was 86%. Joker won Oscar Awards. Sounds to me u just want them to connect... :patrice:

I'm asking for structure and clear character clarity and yes to connect.

-Black Adam had 4 characters with no background at all just hi and bye.
- WW2 was awful
- Aquaman 2 is taking forever.
- Man of Steel never got a sequel
- Flash, Cyborg, Martin Manhunter just showed up outta nowhere.
- Darkseid was a one-off with no build up.
- Green Lantern was a joke with Reynolds and has sat for like 10 years now.
- No Guardian movie.
- You've got 3 different Batman's.
- Eisenberg's Luther was awful
- Doomsday was a joke

Do I need to go on!?!? When folks think of DC they ain't thinking of Joker. That's its own deal.

This whole setup has been ass. Period. Make good movies and no one would give a fukk. But this whole "kind of is, kind of isn't connected" has been terrible along with terrible films. If you enjoy them to each his own but my taste differs.

Last edited: