The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there an auto plant in the Plano area?

My dad lives in Dallas and been telling me for the longest to check the DFW out

I know you know about the toyota place that is moving here. But they also got a GM plant out in Arlington not too far from six flags. I think they make tahoes out there.

Also with all the aerospace companies is DFW that auto plant exp you have can probably transfer to aerospace.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I know you know about the toyota place that is moving here. But they also got a GM plant out in Arlington not too far from six flags. I think they make tahoes out there.

Also with all the aerospace companies is DFW that auto plant exp you have can probably transfer to aerospace.
Yeah, next summer, the family & I need to hit up DFW

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Pecan lodge in deep ellum is my number 1 choice, it's a long wait during the wrong times and expensive but it's worth it.

Lockhart BBQ in the bishop arts district is solid too, you don't get plates though

It's about 5 go to spots I got for bbq

Pecan Lodge is on point, I just wasn't too impressed with the sides tho. The Mac and Cheese was aight, the greens tasted like they dumped a pound of sugar in em
:scust:

Off The Bone BBQ is good too. Them loaded baked potatoes are :wow:

Any of yall know any good Carribean spots? Elaine's been the go-to spot when I'm down there but I'm tryna get something different.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, next summer, the family & I need to hit up DFW

:salute: brotha......I think you and the fam will lioe what DFW has to offer.

I like you am from the midwest so I understand how it can be a struggle at times there to take care of a family. Or just to have a comfortable way of life.

I left chicago a little over 10 years ago to move to DFW and never looked back. The low cost of living, less stress dealing with traffic and bad weather, and the great job market has kept me here all these years.

I have been able to jump to multiple companies, jump into multiple fields and been able to jump my salary in ways I could never do back home in chicago.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
:salute: brotha......I think you and the fam will lioe what DFW has to offer.

I like you am from the midwest so I understand how it can be a struggle at times there to take care of a family. Or just to have a comfortable way of life.

I left chicago a little over 10 years ago to move to DFW and never looked back. The low cost of living, less stress dealing with traffic and bad weather, and the great job market has kept me here all these years.

I have been able to jump to multiple companies, jump into multiple fields and been able to jump my salary in ways I could never do back home in chicago.
Yeah, it's like an opportunity/wage freeze here in Illinois:mjlol:

My dad been in Dallas 15+ yrs and the word he always tells me about Dallas is "opportunity".

He's not even thinking about leaving DFW:laff:

He and his wife just had a house built a few yrs ago

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, it's like an opportunity/wage freeze here in Illinois:mjlol:

My dad been in Dallas 15+ yrs and the word he always tells me about Dallas is "opportunity".

He's not even thinking about leaving DFW:laff:

He and his wife just had a house built a few yrs ago

Breh my cousin got BS and MS in computer science with over 10 years exp. That joker was getting offers in chicago 55k to 65k (and still it takes 5 to 6 months to get an interview).

I told him man you better stop applying for them shytty jobs in chicago and apply here in DFW.

Dude went ahead and applied to some gigs in dallas. This fool done got 4 interviews in 4 months. Jobs paying in the 80k to 100k range.....:dead:.

Dude like....now I know what you meant cuz...:wow:

Cousin like I should have been trying to get down in DFW....:francis::snoop:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Good post.

Also I love seeing the sista Robbie Owens still on TV doing her thing.

Robbie and her husband Greg Fields are truly dallas black excellence....:salute:
Never knew Greg Fields was her husband. :obama:

He's held it down at WFAA for a while now. I think that station is considered the best local news job in the state. A lot of history at that network.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'l be in Dallas for Labor Day weekend..
What are some places to check out in and around Dallas?
Best nightclubs?
Best steakhouse?
Best BBQ?
Best soulfood?
Best brunch?