The Official Corey Holcomb 5150 Show Thread

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
Boy Corey couldn't wait to go in on Stephen A, he was in full attack mode from jump. Normally i don't mind Darlene LTABS segment since it gives them material to joke about, but she was seriously misinformed about the whole Cosby story. Her giving props to that hypocrite Judd Apatow had me:scust: at her.
Didn't Apatow say something fukked up about what happened in Bmore or am I getting him mixed up w/ someone else? Was it Seth Rogan?

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
I wish Corey would come out and just say what happened with him and Bobby where Bobby wouldn't want to come back

They really do need Bobby back A.S.A.P while cornball Freeze Luv should go on a long, never ending hiatus. And I like Darlene at times, but she ruins the show on occasion with her constant interruptions & random interjections.

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
They really do need Bobby back A.S.A.P while cornball Freeze Luv should go on a long, never ending hiatus. And I like Darlene at times, but she ruins the show on occasion with her constant interruptions & random interjections.
I wouldn't call Freez a cornball cuz he's actually pretty funny and his Hispanic impersonations are on point :pachaha: but Bobby def brought a different dimension and the only thing bad about him was how serious he took himself sometimes and his insistence on being right at times

I ain't gone lie I wouldn't have heard about the Deacons of Defense as soon as I did if Bobby didnt bring it up on one of the previous shows

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
I wouldn't call Freez a cornball cuz he's actually pretty funny and his Hispanic impersonations are on point :pachaha: but Bobby def brought a different dimension and the only thing bad about him was how serious he took himself sometimes and his insistence on being right at times

I ain't gone lie I wouldn't have heard about the Deacons of Defense as soon as I did if Bobby didnt bring it up on one of the previous shows

Personally, I don't find Freeze Luv funny at all, plus he brings no general awareness or real knowledge to the show itself. Not to mention, Corey already provides plenty of comic relief as it is. Freeze Luv is perfectly fine as a occasional guest or random fill in, but not as an official, full time 5150 show co-host.

The previous 5150 shows were much better because you not only had a female perspective from Darlene, but a comedic and street savvy point of view from Corey while Zo & Bobby provided more of the intellectual, thought provoking aspects based on their different generational backgrounds.

Last edited:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Corey already provides plenty of comic relief as it is.
LOL Hell nah he doesn't but :yeshrug: Freeze is definitely needed because a lot of Corey's jokes fall completely flat. He has a lot of reference humor ("She has a forehead like Little Earl from What's Happening... y'all remember that one episode... where he spilled soda on Raj's shoe") :stopitslime:

When you have to explain the shyt like that, you've fukked up.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That's what makes Corey hilarious because he says shyt people never would've thought of. Corey's jokes fall flat sometimes but you're making it seem like he's Lewis Dix.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
LOL Hell nah he doesn't but :yeshrug: Freeze is definitely needed because a lot of Corey's jokes fall completely flat. He has a lot of reference humor ("She has a forehead like Little Earl from What's Happening... y'all remember that one episode... where he spilled soda on Raj's shoe") :stopitslime:

When you have to explain the shyt like that, you've fukked up.

That's comedy in general bruh especially when you are doing a live podcast. Every joke ain't going to hit no matter who you are. You just take the mostly good with the occasional bad. As Patrice says good comedy and bad comedy come from the same hole.