Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm just sayin expectations and the standards we're holding things play a part. Ultimates pulling 25k a month is seen as low selling, Carol and Black Widow doing 23k apiece is smh worthy.... but if Moongirl was moving either of those units, it would be celebrated as a big deal. A success story despite it technically being a low selling book and not even in the top 120

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Can't expect "new characters" to get new arch enemies like that. I've said this many times..

indie has become very viable over the last 17yrs... so best to save your best ideas for creator owned stuff.

i dont buy that. if you dont write things because you feel you can take them elsewhere,then you have a one track mind and arent a very talented writer.

and when it comes to miles. america and kamala with the current climate of the marvel u, you shouldnt have to rack your brain to come up with new antagonists for them. and that goes for robbie, nova, and viv as well

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
i dont buy that. if you dont write things because you feel you can take them elsewhere,then you have a one track mind and arent a very talented writer.

and when it comes to miles. america and kamala with the current climate of the marvel u, you shouldnt have to rack your brain to come up with new antagonists for them. and that goes for robbie, nova, and viv as well

You don't buy it... but that is really the way a bunch of these writers/authors are thinking. shyt ain't having a one track mind or their talent. It's about potential money and they ain't trying to fukk that potential money. They ain't trying to give away a potential golden goose to Marvel/DC. Because Marvel/DC will own the copyrights on those new characters if they do.

I mean shyt.. you get your creator owned indie stuff popping..

that can lead to video games, tv shows, movies.. real money. And you wouldn't be getting damn near nil like at marvel.

The best anyone could do at this point really is just reboot rarely used/underused villains.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
so dropping new heroes, also potential cash cows is no big deal, but antagonists, thats what they hold on? if thats the case then why not go indie from jump and stay there rather than worrying about your potential being stolen?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
so dropping new heroes, also potential cash cows is no big deal, but antagonists, thats what they hold on? if thats the case then why not go indie from jump and stay there rather than worrying about your potential being stolen?

they save their best new hero and villain ideas for their own stuff. Also characters like Miles, Kamala, Gwenpool, etc are not "new heroes"

Some go indie at the jump and others choose to make a name for themselves first.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
they save their best new hero and villain ideas for their own stuff. Also characters like Miles, Kamala, Gwenpool, etc are not "new heroes"

Some go indie at the jump and others choose to make a name for themselves first.

in the grand scheme are indeed new heroes. they are much younger than all of their counterparts. hell, gwenpool came out last year. i dont know why you would go play in the sandbox, but not be wiilling to build.

if i were given the reigns to a character that i wanted, i couldnt see myself coasting on that shyt. id have to go all in on that shyt. especially if i was trying make a name for myself

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
None of the new characters have arch enemies. shyts lazy as fukk.

Wilson needs to stop fukking around and bring back The Inventor as Kamala's archnemesis.

DcQaDXx.jpg

WhCZU5A.png

That dude had me dying. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Might have to get back into Soule's Daredevil. I wasn't feeling it when I dropped it but I've heard good things since I dropped it

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Between Tom King's Batman and Tynion's Detective comics, which is the better rebirth title? All Star Batman was kind of weak, but it was the only batman book I had on my pull list