Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
secret-empire-united-we-stand.jpg

:huhldup:
:hhh: Who drew that? Because it looks like absolute dog shyt.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Batman/Flash Crossover Set to Explore DC's Watchmen/Rebirth Mystery

Here’s DC’s official description of the storyline: “Two greatest detectives in the DC Universe unite to unravel the mystery behind a certain blood stained smiley face button stuck in the Batcave wall. However, what begins as a simple investigation soon turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party — and it’s not who anyone suspects! This is a mystery woven throughout time, and the countdown starts here!”
When did Flash become a great detective? I know he's a forensics cop but he used to call Elongated Man when he needed some detective help back in the day.
Regardless of that I am still really eager to get some more movement on this Watchmen story.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is such a stupid idea, I can't believe the same DC that's hitting a lot of right notes right now is pulling this shyt. :snoop:
I love Watchmen but don't think it is something that is untouchable. If a new story can be mined from it and told well I am all for it and so far this new mystery thing has me very intrigued.
And it also plays on what Moore wrote at the end of Watchmen with Dr. Manhattan talking about what his next moves might be:
MKSBLhE.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Art screams "We Don't Expect This To Sell"

Marvel might have Obama under Number One's hood to "stir up controversy".

Or... an "unnamed african american president with a possible foreign birthplace and ideology who has big ears."

edit: for the uninitiated:

capnomad10.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I love Watchmen but don't think it is something that is untouchable. If a new story can be mined from it and told well I am all for it and so far this new mystery thing has me very intrigued.
And it also plays on what Moore wrote at the end of Watchmen with Dr. Manhattan talking about what his next moves might be:
MKSBLhE.jpg

I don't think Watchmen is untouchable either but that doesn't make this idea any more stupid. Plus it's so obvious that Johns is going to reuse and milk that 'Nothing ever ends' line as the reason the DC universe constantly reboots. Hell, this page in its entirety is probably why he came up with the whole Watchmen/Rebirth idea.

what

hell nawl.

nawl

no.

I don't have the words. You revealing that just literally brought tears to my eyes.

At least his rent's paid? :to:

That shyt looks like Marvel told Cassaday he had to turn in the art on time for a change and Cassaday was like: 'fukk it, if you guys won't give me three months to draw a single page, I'm just giving you a bunch of bullshyt'.