Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Any of ya reading Mark Millar and Greg Capullo's "Reborn"?

It's about when u die here on Earth, u wake up in another world in some wild sci-fi battle. Ya dead family memebers n friends are there too. Even ur dead pets. It's a wild take on what happens after death. It's 2 issues in so far.
I wasn't really feeling it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
HOLD UP!!!!.

That Marvel vs Capcom 4 is really being made?!:ohhh:

Sources: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 coming in 2017

Marvel and Capcom characters will duke it out in a new crossover fighting game coming to consoles next year. Multiple sources tell Polygon that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is currently in development and slated for release sometime in 2017.

Although Capcom hasn’t officially announced the game, we’ve been told the company will unveil Marvel vs. Capcom 4 this week alongside Sony’s PlayStation Experience event where the Capcom Cup 2016 Street Fighter 5 tournament will be held.

Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.
So... what 3 character lineups are yall looking forward to having?:mjpls:

...because I know what lineups yall wouldn't be having :mjpls:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah, yeah, yeah..the whole Gold and Blue discusssion was going strong at CBR. Now Bunn is the best writer to hit the franchise since Gillen..of course I'll check it out and see if he bring interest to teen Jean and Magneto is always the character to watch....Gold? It's a little more challenging. Kitty returning as leader out of NOWHERE after not being there for the struggle and Rachel Grey written by a guy like that? Not sure how that might work. And where is Psylocke and Magik too..too HUGE standouts this year and the last few years in particular.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This is some bullshyt. Why are they keeping the O-5 around?! Being led by Magneto no less?! The timeline they were pulled from Magneto was their archenemy so why would they be willing to be taught/trained by him? I know this Magneto is not the same as the one from their youth but still.

I like the lineup of the gold team because it consists of my favorite line up from the early 80's. I like that they're going back to their older costumes or updates of their old costumes. Why the hell is Kitty leading the team and not Storm?! Storm has been a proven leader of the team so why is she not leading the team. I can even see Old Man Logan leading but Kitty?! Isn't she married to Star Lord and in space now?
Storm is a GREAT ALL TIME character but let's face it..over the last year, especially in this Inhumans relationship stuff, she's been damn near C00ning for Medusa while the Magneto team was on the frontlines and being proactive. And her leadership has been shaky and questioned and seems flawed..not sure if that was so special design or just ULTRA LAZY writing. She seems unrecognizable in that horrble Extra X men.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I was expecting sum fresh members or resurrected characters.

Like why couldn't they have brought back Banshee? Bishop? Throw Quicksilver/Wanda on the team wit Magneto?! Something INTERESTING to reignite da X franchise.

Instead we get a rehash of tha last 4 yrs!

:damn:

All Marvel had to do was throw a ton of money at Hickman or Brian K. Vaughan n let them do they magic but nooooooo
Blue Team being Magneto, Psylocke, Polaris, Rogue, Warren, and X 23 aka the new Wolverine would of been interesting.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
is the batman run right now worth buying? I've got issue 1 through 5 i believe... ;right now all i care about is ninja turtles, east of west, deadly class

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
is the batman run right now worth buying? I've got issue 1 through 5 i believe... ;right now all i care about is ninja turtles, east of west, deadly class
Batman or Detective Comics? I've dropped Detective. Probably dropping Batman after this current arc. All Star Batman has been good so far.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

So... what 3 character lineups are yall looking forward to having?:mjpls:

...because I know what lineups yall wouldn't be having :mjpls:

giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:francis:
The time travel teen X-Men thing was dumb when it was first introduced and Marvel doubling down on it repeatedly instead of sending them back to the past has only produced mediocre comics.
And taking Magneto from his crew of sorta reformed X-villains to babysitting these little a$$holes is bullshyt.

And the lineup for the Gold team is not doing much for me either. Kitty should never be in charge of grown X-Men especially not a team with Storm on it.
Honestly I have felt for years that Storm needs to be moved over to the Avengers books because she has been ruined by writer after writer on the X-books for the last several years.
Old Man Logan still sticking around in the present is stupid.
Rachel is a favorite of mine but her new costume looks like shyt and the name Prestige is dumb as fukk.
Also I have no confidence in Mark Guggenheim not shytting the bed with this comic. He has already shown that his favorite character is Kitty Pryde so he will most likely over write her while under writing all the other characters