Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14212771_10101035471279762_7686605118423783626_n.jpg
Where that from

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I havent even read any of these shyts from yesterday yet smh

Me and my son been taking turns wreckin muthafukkas in that Contest of Champions shyt on my phone

shyt is addictive than a mug!!!

Magneto (Marvel Now) :blessed:

I've spent embarrassing amounts on that game to get certain characters.

:wow:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Bracing for the worst, this didn't shock me. Disappointed but not shocked. I think it shows how little of Nighthawk's existence is even acknowledged on a base level. Too obscure to garner an ongoing.

Marvel also never put any spotlight on the run. If they really tried they could've gotten it to reasonable hype and potential readership just on the premise alone. Walker said everyone at Marvel was with it and supported him but idk...

But I like said previously this collected run is gonna end up a blassic and a nice definitive alongside the first Supreme Power Nh trade. That's 2 good trades in the span of 10 years for an obscure character. reading #5 I'm glad this story even got told and printed. shyt is crazy. Walker went all in with the riots going full throttle in the city and NH killing a truck full of CAC supremacists and choking out a cop who shot at him. Very visceral.

Hopefully with this NH's seemingly permanent place with the SS they can continue to grow him and also give him bigger appearances outside of them.

Going indie wouldn't have made a difference. Nighthawk was too real for them white folks. :wow:

They had to make sure to cancel that shyt before November. :wow:

The indie comic book "BLACK" that was crowdfunded back in February is getting its first issue released at the end of the month. Let's see how one this goes.

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with NightHawk. I really liked the story, but the art-style was a pain to look at. I know most people here are story/substance>>art/style, but as a designer myself, I can't overlook the art. It's hard-wired in me to be really irked by it.
Yeah I wish the art was more darker and grim and less colorful and bright given the content of the premise.

The art has to really put me off for me to drop a good story, though. The first NH book was drawn by Steve Dillon....

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Frank Quietly :scust:

At least he's not stinking up Morrison's writing anymore.

Quitely might be an aqcuired taste but in no shape or form is he a bad artist. I know this discussion has happened before but his talent for drawing action in such a dynamic way is impeccable and one of the reasons Morrison loves working with him.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bracing for the worst, this didn't shock me. Disappointed but not shocked. I think it shows how little of Nighthawk's existence is even acknowledged on a base level. Too obscure to garner an ongoing.

Marvel also never put any spotlight on the run. If they really tried they could've gotten it to reasonable hype and potential readership just on the premise alone. Walker said everyone at Marvel was with it and supported him but idk...

But I like said previously this collected run is gonna end up a blassic and a nice definitive alongside the first Supreme Power Nh trade. That's 2 good trades in the span of 10 years for an obscure character. reading #5 I'm glad this story even got told and printed. shyt is crazy. Walker went all in with the riots going full throttle in the city and NH killing a truck full of CAC supremacists and choking out a cop who shot at him. Very visceral.

Hopefully with this NH's seemingly permanent place with the SS they can continue to grow him and also give him bigger appearances outside of them.

The indie comic book "BLACK" that was crowdfunded back in February is getting its first issue released at the end of the month. Let's see how one this goes.
They need to do something with the Squadron . I guess with the 50'avenger teams they can't find room for them

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They need to do something with the Squadron . I guess with the 50'avenger teams they can't find room for them