Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:ooh::krs: AWL shyt ITS OLD SCHOOL DRACULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BwzrZVT.jpg

:francis: nevermind

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just came home from grabbing my pull list...

Only to find out that the current Nighthawk I just grabbed is apparently the last :wtb::martin::what::mjcry::stopitslime::shaq2:

And then I open up the new issues of Moon Knight and Doctor Strange...

Marvel subbed in the fukking D team for artwork on both books. Both of which HAD some of the best artwork going in current runs.

In summation, fukk you Marvel :pacspit:

THis is something else I've always said about Marvel.

If a book is doing GREAT but it's not on their list of books that SHOULD be doing great, you're gonna see whatever all-star or up-and-coming artist get pulled off that book and replaced by an intern.

Or they'll get really subtle and petty and just make the letterer ink the book.

then that book gets cancelled.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta do a pool on "Ulysses" true identity:

1. Loki
2. The Beyonder
3. Dorammu
4. Mephisto
5. OG white Nick Fury
6. Ultimate Reed Richards
7. Onslaught. :lolbron:
8 Red Skull wit Charles brain and Kobik powers.
9. Mystique
Is that where this is going ? He's fake ?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
It was better than expected after that shytty Rebirth issue.

Pretty much all Superman books are really good now really. I honestly don't even understand how they fukked up the New 52 Supes so badly yet make old Supes work so easily.
Action Comics is really mediocre.

New 52 Superman had good parts and bad parts. Personally I really liked that version of superman

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Action Comics is really mediocre.

New 52 Superman had good parts and bad parts. Personally I really liked that version of superman

Nah, AC is good but I'll say it suffers a bit from the fact that Jurgens had to explain too many changes at once (a new Superman on the scene, Lex playing Superman as well, a mysterious Clark Kent appearing). Once the book settles into its new status quo I expect it to pick up.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
THis is something else I've always said about Marvel.

If a book is doing GREAT but it's not on their list of books that SHOULD be doing great, you're gonna see whatever all-star or up-and-coming artist get pulled off that book and replaced by an intern.

Or they'll get really subtle and petty and just make the letterer ink the book.

then that book gets cancelled.
Going by the art alone: Scarlet Witch, Thunderbolts, Nighthawk, Squadron Supreme, PowerMan & IronFist... all clearly on the i'm-fukked waiting list.

Puzzling that they'd give Cage & Danny's book such shytty art tho, and that they're doing 26k+ despite that is just a testament to how well liked they are, as Walker -while a good writer- isn't a guy who commands readership from the masses. <-- as we learned with Nighthawk and Cyborg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Breh, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Whats the sense in having a book with a dope ass concept/story and picking a half ass artist

I've seen solid issues and/or books with great writing/concepts that got severely stalled by a wack artist. A wack artist can flat out kill a book before the game starts. It's crazy.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Going by the art alone: Scarlet Witch, Thunderbolts, Nighthawk, Squadron Supreme, PowerMan & IronFist... all clearly on the i'm-fukked waiting list.

Puzzling that they'd give Cage & Danny's book such shytty art tho, and that they're doing 26k+ despite that is just a testament to how well liked they are, as Walker -while a good writer- isn't a guy who commands readership from the masses. <-- as we learned with Nighthawk and Cyborg

sometimes I wonder if they just write it off on their business taxes. :smile: