Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with NightHawk. I really liked the story, but the art-style was a pain to look at. I know most people here are story/substance>>art/style, but as a designer myself, I can't overlook the art. It's hard-wired in me to be really irked by it.
A LOT of books today have such shytty art. I can't believe these people get work. :martin:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with NightHawk. I really liked the story, but the art-style was a pain to look at. I know most people here are story/substance>>art/style, but as a designer myself, I can't overlook the art. It's hard-wired in me to be really irked by it.

honestly, when it comes to art, if its ugly, it needs substance if im to keep reading it. ill give quitely shyt for his potato people, but hes good with detail. a lot of marvels shyt( squirrel girl and hellcat specifically) are just ugly as shyt

In 6-8 years if/when RDJ retires and assuming they don't do a complete reboot... no one should be surprised with the fukkery Disney might pull. The question is will she be the lightning in the bottle that Miles and Kamala were, or will she flounder like kid-Nova.

That daughters of the dragon with colleen seemed a long time ago tbh, but i do remember that and then heroes for hire and that other thing around the Fear itself event. I thought she kinda went cold the last few years (or i just lost track of what she was in) but they about to dial it all the way up now that she's about to get that netflix exposure.

miles isnt lightning in a bottle. he got on because of the spider man name. theres nothing really special about him

parallax

Superstar
Daps

bendis keeps him baby safe. everytime he gets a chance to go in an interesting direction, nothing happens. in the ult hydra arc, he looked like he could have been turning a corner but at the end he gets rescued and everything is back to status quo until secret wars, and here we are again

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
bendis keeps him baby safe. everytime he gets a chance to go in an interesting direction, nothing happens. in the ult hydra arc, he looked like he could have been turning a corner but at the end he gets rescued and everything is back to status quo until secret wars, and here we are again

Status quo is comics in a nutshell tho. :yeshrug:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Status quo is comics in a nutshell tho. :yeshrug:

the strength of a character is shown when they are allowed to step out of the status quo. both bucky ans sam benefited from being captain america. although i didnt care for it, the spock run, as well as the back in black runs for spider man showed off different levels of potential for the character. hell, putting young cyclops in space was a good story. miles has never stepped out of that safe bubble. the closest weve come was the hydra arc.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
the strength of a character is shown when they are allowed to step out of the status quo. both bucky ans sam benefited from being captain america. although i didnt care for it, the spock run, as well as the back in black runs for spider man showed off different levels of potential for the character. hell, putting young cyclops in space was a good story. miles has never stepped out of that safe bubble. the closest weve come was the hydra arc.

I see what you're saying.. but they all still go back to status quo :yeshrug:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
some do, some dont. some take pieces of the journey with them. doesnt change that at the status quo, miles is lame

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I get what you're saying but Miles has only been in the MU for a year now. He's already been an avenger and is about to step off into his own thing. Give him some time to establish himself, develop his cast (in the MU) and gain a rogues gallery. Remember, Ultimate MU was a place for them to push the envelop of ridiculousness and fukkery, so let him get some footing. At least he's different from the 1B other Spidey-characters.

Am I the only one reading Spawn? I got back into it about 8 issues ago, and it really is good.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I give Marvel credit for green-lighting certain projects but for a number of them, they ain't slick... there's this sport's term called "fake hustle" that they be on.

You green-light all these books that you 'fully support' but you give half of em shytty discount artists because you already thinking about mitigating expenses when they fail.

They fukked over David Walker twice with that... Nighthawk and Power Man & IronFist. Art is atrocious but Luke and Danny as a tandem are popular enough to stay afloat despite that.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't disagree that Mile's has been well-protected due to Bendis's influence within the company.

But end of the day, Miles sells 45-50k issues a month and at this point is universally adored/accepted by fans. Of all the Spidey legacy characters, spin-offs and derivatives, very few have been embraced by the comic book community this strongly and consistently. So i consider him a rare diamond and very special :manny:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
14212771_10101035471279762_7686605118423783626_n.jpg