Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Lowkey, of all the girls that might get shipped with Miles, I'm rooting for Bombshell.
Bendis is gonna hook her up with Goldballs
tumblr_ocvg28R5G11rx5px6o1_540.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Black widow was dope untill the last issue...

you mean
cause of the random telepath/earpiece blocking thing everyone's been complaining about?

I thought it was random too... but I just now out of the blue realized that it wasn't.

It's been shown all through this series that Natasha can glance at folks and tell that they're spies or shield agents, right?

Well, remember when those folks were relaying Weeping Lion's orders to Natasha on the street?

She realized they weren't spies of any kind, and realized they had to be relaying orders via telepathic control. She just didn't know from exactly who.

Or.... maybe you just didn't like the issue. :patrice:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
14188521_10101033400794032_6643122007896731834_o.jpg

14232651_10101033400883852_775880050502979759_n.jpg

14241661_10101033400928762_7843178793258386624_o.jpg

Gwen (in X-23's body) stabbing herself in the face cracked me up. Normally body swap stories are boring but this one had it's moments.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think Misty Knight is about to get a bigger push in these upcoming months than Monica has had in a decade... or two (or three?) just off the strength of the Luke Cage show and the response the actress got at comic con.

Monica is a cool concept and tbh they could've gone either way with her or Carol and been straight... b/c its not like mainstream audiences know or give a shyt about either of em, hell even within comics nobody gives a shyt either, as far as sales... but end of the day they chose Carol, and Monica will likely be the black friend in the film while remaining stuck in molasses (with Storm) in the comic book world watching Misty and Riri take center stage with the big marketing push coming their way.

im on a wait and see tip with riri. she could be something worth talking about ms marvel style, or she could flounder

Lowkey, i'm happy for Sam Wilson Falcon

As of last month he is on issue 11 of his book and selling 29,145k

That's more than:
  • New Avengers (28,603)
  • Ms Marvel (28,313)
  • Ultimates (27,588)
  • Totally Awesome Hulk (26,936)
  • Black Widow (25,801)
  • A-Force (23,939)
  • Captain Marvel (23,895)
  • Squadron Supreme (23,692)
Makes me wonder how he could or would be doing without that Cap-moniker tho, or whether he still needs it :patrice:

They made him cool as hell in the CA:CW flick with all the gadgets and redwing drone, as just the Falcon.

sam was a character that has suprised me. he was a lame duck for most of his existence, and the beginning of axis made me think that shyt wouldnt change, but theyve really made a thing outta him

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
you mean
cause of the random telepath/earpiece blocking thing everyone's been complaining about?

I thought it was random too... but I just now out of the blue realized that it wasn't.

It's been shown all through this series that Natasha can glance at folks and tell that they're spies or shield agents, right?

Well, remember when those folks were relaying Weeping Lion's orders to Natasha on the street?

She realized they weren't spies of any kind, and realized they had to be relaying orders via telepathic control. She just didn't know from exactly who.

:jbhmm:i may have to reread it
But that and the Tony Starks appearance seemed shoe horned in to me

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
you mean

:jbhmm:i may have to reread it
But that and the Tony Starks appearance seemed shoe horned in to me

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So Miles is really calling himself Kid Arachnid in Web Warriors?!?!
:russ::russ::russ:

He been fukkin with that idea for like a year and a half now :mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think Misty Knight is about to get a bigger push in these upcoming months than Monica has had in a decade... or two (or three?) just off the strength of the Luke Cage show and the response the actress got at comic con.

Monica is a cool concept and tbh they could've gone either way with her or Carol and been straight... b/c its not like mainstream audiences know or give a shyt about either of em, hell even within comics nobody gives a shyt either, as far as sales... but end of the day they chose Carol, and Monica will likely be the black friend in the film while remaining stuck in molasses (with Storm) in the comic book world watching Misty and Riri take center stage with the big marketing push coming their way.

Misty's been getting a push for a minute though. She's been a major player in like 3-4 series (Daughters of the Dragon, Heroes for Hire, Fearless Defenders), popping up in everyone's books for at least a good 5 years. She's definitely moved up to C or B- status...passing even Danny.

As for Riri, I don'rt have a problem with her. I have a problem with the way she was introduced. I hope that they give her a different armor design or color.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Misty's been getting a push for a minute though. She's been a major player in like 3-4 series (Daughters of the Dragon, Heroes for Hire, Fearless Defenders), popping up in everyone's books for at least a good 5 years. She's definitely moved up to C or B- status...passing even Danny.

As for Riri, I don'rt have a problem with her. I have a problem with the way she was introduced. I hope that they give her a different armor design or color.
In 6-8 years if/when RDJ retires and assuming they don't do a complete reboot... no one should be surprised with the fukkery Disney might pull. The question is will she be the lightning in the bottle that Miles and Kamala were, or will she flounder like kid-Nova.

That daughters of the dragon with colleen seemed a long time ago tbh, but i do remember that and then heroes for hire and that other thing around the Fear itself event. I thought she kinda went cold the last few years (or i just lost track of what she was in) but they about to dial it all the way up now that she's about to get that netflix exposure.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
NightHawk canceled
sappcry.gif

Thank you coli bruhs for putting me on to black excellence though. :salute:
Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with NightHawk. I really liked the story, but the art-style was a pain to look at. I know most people here are story/substance>>art/style, but as a designer myself, I can't overlook the art. It's hard-wired in me to be really irked by it.