Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bendis is writing that shyt so I'm not even gonna bother......Every single fukking Bendis penned event has an anticlimactic ending.

I refuse to fall for that shyt again.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bendis is writing that shyt so I'm not even gonna bother......Every single fukking Bendis penned event has an anticlimactic ending.

You know what event was good low key to me flash point :ehh: didn't see that happening . I need to get a trade

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You know what event was good low key to me flash point :ehh: didn't see that happening . I need to get a trade

The event as a whole had some serious flaws but certain pieces of it were great (especially the Batman stuff) and the ambitious nature of it was pretty cool.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Ultimate Spider-Man has been dope for years don't really get the Bendis hate

Secret Invasion is the only shyt he did that I didn't really like

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Bendis is writing this shyt? :snoop: He won't go away. They already got him about to fukk X-Men up. I thought they were going to be handing the reigns to Hickman.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Bendis is writing this shyt? :snoop: He won't go away. They already got him about to fukk X-Men up. I thought they were going to be handing the reigns to Hickman.

This Ultron story was in the works to be the big event book if the year but then Marvel got shook by DC's New 52 and decided to shake things up with the Marvel Now stuff so now this is being thrown out next year as a self-contained 10 issue miniseries instead of the company wide crossover it was originally planned as.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
This Ultron story was in the works to be the big event book if the year but then Marvel got shook by DC's New 52 and decided to shake things up with the Marvel Now stuff so now this is being thrown out next year as a self-contained 10 issue miniseries instead of the company wide crossover it was originally planned as.

Yeah, I've been reading Avengers and I know he planted the seeds for it. For some reason I was thinking they were going to let Hickman or someone else do it while he was delegated to destroying the X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy. I guess that was just wishful thinking.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ultimate Spider-Man has been dope for years don't really get the Bendis hate

Secret Invasion is the only shyt he did that I didn't really like

Ultimate Spider-Man is the only thing he's written consistently well...

Every single event Bendis has written has had anticlimactic endings...

Secret War

House of M

Secret Invasion

Siege

He does that shyt be design too. Despite supposedly writing for trade he does these endings that just lead into his next bullshyt event.

Even beyond how poor he ends events he gets lazy with his dialog and characterization, he disregards things other people write and even things he writes. He pads storylines for the sake of TPB. Dude is lazy more than anything.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ultimate Spiderman is good and I have always enjoyed Powers but the guy was monumentally terrible on Avengers and his work on Marvel events has been downright hideous.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Secret War

House of M

Secret Invasion

Siege

He does that shyt be design too. Despite supposedly writing for trade he does these endings that just lead into his next bullshyt event.

Even beyond how poor he ends events he gets lazy with his dialog and characterization, he disregards things other people write and even things he writes. He pads storylines for the sake of TPB. Dude is lazy more than anything.

To his credit, I think he does a helluva of a good job of conceiving of ideas. He just then executes them poorly. A lot of times, his events start off very well before they fall flat and turn into duds. The first two issues of The Seige were crack. The first issue of Secret Invasion too.

His dialogue is god awful...just unbearable.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Secret War

House of M

Secret Invasion

Siege

Siege? I loved siege lol

I agree with the rest tho

Daps
Question for Swamp Thing fans:

Does anyone have the original Alan Moore intro for the Saga of Swamp thing? The original prints not the latest editions that were printed. This article explains what I'm talking about:

There are other problems with this volume, and they also have to do with how it stacks up to the earlier paperback edition. Yes, this hardcover is a big deal because, for the first time, it reprints "Loose Ends," issue #20 of the original series, where Alan Moore tied off the stump of Martin Pasko's run, and sowed the seeds of Moore's own story-to-come. However, there is always a price to be paid: we got some Moore, but we also lost some Moore. The original text introduction by Moore is gone in the new edition, most likely because it did its best to summarize Swamp Thing's back story for the new reader, up to and including "Loose Ends."

saga of swamp thing vol. 1

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To his credit, I think he does a helluva of a good job of conceiving of ideas. He just then executes them poorly. A lot of times, his events start off very well before they fall flat and turn into duds. The first two issues of The Seige were crack. The first issue of Secret Invasion too.

His dialogue is god awful...just unbearable.

That's Bendis AND Fraction.....

They have really great ideas but they fail miserably in executing them. If I didn't know better I'd swear they just turned in plot outlines and were letting the artists fill in the blanks.

Hickman is hands down the best writer at Marvel right now. He has HUGE ideas and his execution is phenomenal. I'm not even a huge Fantastic Four fan but I loved every issue of his run (especially after that wack shyt Millar tried)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
watch marvel going to shove guardians of the galaxy in people throats..............(pause)