Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Tom Broovert released this on his formspring page...the original AvX planned ending
n50ab925dbf25e.jpg

I wouldn't complain if it ended like that

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So there goes my Interest in gotg with Ironman . Are they close to earth or on earth ? Why is Tony even involved

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I wouldn't complain if it ended like that

Hexed Avengers though? Isn't that a bit of a retread?
They used the power boost to help the Avengers save the day already in Siege.

So there goes my Interest in gotg with Ironman . Are they close to earth or on earth ? Why is Tony even involved

I don't get it either. Why not just include an already established Marvel cosmic character like Rom or Super Skrull instead of shoehorning Iron Man into a series that he has never had any link to ever.

DMR

Killa
Daps
Tom Broovert released this on his formspring page...the original AvX planned ending
n50ab925dbf25e.jpg

Both endings sucked. But I guess you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Hexed Avengers though? Isn't that a bit of a retread?
They used the power boost to help the Avengers save the day already in Siege.

I don't get it either. Why not just include an already established Marvel cosmic character like Rom or Super Skrull instead of shoehorning Iron Man into a series that he has never had any link to ever.

The fight scene tho :ohlawd:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I don't see why there's hate on Ironman and GOTG besides the obvious movie tie-in which will be awesome.Get tony stark off earth permanently I say. What else can he do there on print. What better way to take iron man beyond. I'm down.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't see why there's hate on Ironman and GOTG besides the obvious movie tie-in which will be awesome.Get tony stark off earth permanently I say. What else can he do there on print. What better way to take iron man beyond. I'm down.

He's not leaving Earth though; he is going to be on a bunch of Avengers teams in addition to the Guardians.

Hey did anyone read Amazing Spider Man #698 ?
Doc Ock and Peter Parker have switched bodies "Freaky Friday" style.
So Doc Ock is now Spider Man and Peter Parker is stuck in Ock's dying body.
I am liking Doc Ock in Peter's body...the way he talks is great and then his trying to bone MJ is hysterical.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I am liking Doc Ock in Peter's body...the way he talks is great and then his trying to bone MJ is hysterical.

i was just about to post this. the superior spider man teases make sense now and i'm actually looking forward to a spider man arc. god knows these past spider man events have been lacking.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

I swear Marvel's motto has to be "There are no bad ideas".

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was done well. But they did about 2 years ago when Chameleon replaced him.

It's similar but they've gone even further with it this time. Dude is going to be taking over for a significant period of time, will be chilling with the Avengers, and has all of Peter's memories.

Chameleon had no idea Peter and Spider-Man were the same person and didn't have the skills to pull it all off convincingly. Plus because he'll be in that role longer the damage he'll cause to Peter's life will be more permanent.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
It's similar but they've gone even further with it this time. Dude is going to be taking over for a significant period of time, will be chilling with the Avengers, and has all of Peter's memories.

Chameleon had no idea Peter and Spider-Man were the same person and didn't have the skills to pull it all off convincingly. Plus because he'll be in that role longer the damage he'll cause to Peter's life will be more permanent.

I wonder if he'll be "Superior" Spider-Man or is if theres going to be another person thrown in by 700.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if he'll be "Superior" Spider-Man or is if theres going to be another person thrown in by 700.

The simply fact that the book is called "Superior Spider-Man" leads me to believe it'll still be him. That's right in line with his arrogance in thinking that he can be better than Peter.

I had NO interest in that book until now. I know some people are going to be salty but this has the potential to be really interesting. It'll add a whole new dimension to every book Spider-Man appears in from this point forward.

Plus I get the feeling they're gonna have him trying to do the right thing but have him struggle not to be a villain.