Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

tell me about homie, ima just put it like this, if u were a fan of any cosmic books of marvel than this is right up ur alley, dont quote me, but im pretty sure the dude who wrote annihilation/guardians of the galaxy and the rest of the cosmic tie-ins also writes hypernaturals. the character dynamics and the post-singularity world are airtight , from the society being a byproduct of a quantum computer, all the way down 2 the team's history and purpose , its a breathe of fresh air if u wanna get away from the regualr marvel/dc landscape.

i dont even read marvel or dc. i stick to indie stuff.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bobby is a elemental or something right? And what comic is cannonball in

umm yeah but what does that gotta do with him being the only one that isn't going though a major chance...and cannonball with the avengers but that was pretty much a superhero version of affirmative action :manny:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
umm yeah but what does that gotta do with him being the only one that isn't going though a major chance...and cannonball with the avengers but that was pretty much a superhero version of affirmative action :manny:

:dwillhuh:thought Guthrie was on that come up . Lol I was just asking About iceman I didn't remember I was using that as a win for him .
And I was more sonning Alex and his chump ass they better off making Madrox mutant leader

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:thought Guthrie was on that come up . Lol I was just asking About iceman I didn't remember I was using that as a win for him .
And I was more sonning Alex and his chump ass they better off making Madrox mutant leader

seem like they only made alex the leader to show the world the he the "good brother"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He's gone though his changes, they just always revert to him being comic relief. One ongoing thing with Bobby was about him not using his powers to his full potential. At one point they revealed that Bobby wasn't using his full potential on purpose because he was afraid of losing his humanity. Power wise he's easily one of the most powerful X-Men, but they rarely let him cut loose.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's gone though his changes, they just always revert to him being comic relief. One ongoing thing with Bobby was about him not using his powers to his full potential. At one point they revealed that Bobby wasn't using his full potential on purpose because he was afraid of losing his humanity. Power wise he's easily one of the most powerful X-Men, but they rarely let him cut loose.

Hope they show him in a different light then just him being there for shyt and giggles....leave that shyt for spidey

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope they show him in a different light then just him being there for shyt and giggles....leave that shyt for spidey

The difference between Spidey, Human Torch, and Iceman is that with Johnny and Peter they're portrayed as jokers but there's WAY more depth to their characters and they get great moments....Iceman is just this constant annoying joking character who rarely gets big moments or gets legitimate character development.

To most X-Writers character development is having Iceman chase after some bytch that don't want him.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The difference between Spidey, Human Torch, and Iceman is that with Johnny and Peter they're portrayed as jokers but there's WAY more depth to their characters and they get great moments....Iceman is just this constant annoying joking character who rarely gets big moments or gets legitimate character development.

To most X-Writers character development is having Iceman chase after some bytch that don't want him.

I know right. They all have the similar personalites, with Bobby being the median to Peter & Johnny's extremes. He's not as a$$hole-ish as Johnny but not as self-deprecating as Peter. That's why they are friends...when Marvel remembers that they are friends. Always gonna be an Iceman fan, I just hate that they always try to show him as immature. He's the only one of the O5 to leave and have a life outside of an X-Men. Dude went to college, graduated, had a real job....how is that immature?

Today Bobby should be portrayed as the heart of the X-Men. Beast is the brains, Warren is the money, Wolverine is the goon, Cyclops is the soul, Jean is the fire, Storm is the diplomat, Nightcrawler (RIP) is the conscience, Cable/Bishop are the soldiers, Domino/Gambit are wildcards, Cannonball is the student...no one else has a role...but Iceman is the one that makes it all go. He brings everyone together and can weave in and out of every group without tension. They just need to give him more story arcs...I think he needs to come back to Cyclops side.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

:dead:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Age of Ultron #1 cover

UhzLh.jpg

Preview Images Here

Looks like Hawkeye gets a lot of shine in this for some reason...don't see Hank Pym anywhere on the cover or mentioned in articles that Bendis is interviewed in. You have to have Pym heavily involved in an Ultron story especially one that is supposed to be as big as this.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know right. They all have the similar personalites, with Bobby being the median to Peter & Johnny's extremes. He's not as a$$hole-ish as Johnny but not as self-deprecating as Peter. That's why they are friends...when Marvel remembers that they are friends. Always gonna be an Iceman fan, I just hate that they always try to show him as immature. He's the only one of the O5 to leave and have a life outside of an X-Men. Dude went to college, graduated, had a real job....how is that immature?

Today Bobby should be portrayed as the heart of the X-Men. Beast is the brains, Warren is the money, Wolverine is the goon, Cyclops is the soul, Jean is the fire, Storm is the diplomat, Nightcrawler (RIP) is the conscience, Cable/Bishop are the soldiers, Domino/Gambit are wildcards, Cannonball is the student...no one else has a role...but Iceman is the one that makes it all go. He brings everyone together and can weave in and out of every group without tension. They just need to give him more story arcs...I think he needs to come back to Cyclops side.
your right but its cause marvel writers just push whatever characters they like and wolvy Spider-Man avengers . Everyone else can be written however they want :dwillhuh: even spidey is sometimes too jokey in avengers to me like he's a little kid they need a better balance sometimes
Age of Ultron #1 cover

UhzLh.jpg

Preview Images Here

Looks like Hawkeye gets a lot of shine in this for some reason...don't see Hank Pym anywhere on the cover or mentioned in articles that Bendis is interviewed in. You have to have Pym heavily involved in an Ultron story especially one that is supposed to be as big as this.
I'm sure wolverine was very useful versus ultron . Not like he should be at the jean grey academy with his students :usure: