Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Finished reading Invincible: The Viltrumite War. Man that fight between Mark and Conquest was fukkin brutal. Thragg However is truly THAT dude. He's Vegeta without the constant L's. Sonning Mark, Oliver, Thaedus and Nolan. That ultimatum he gave Mark at the end was classic, talk about a no win situation lol.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Anyone know the deal with the "Before Watchemen"?

Like are they a limited series or are they going to continuously do them? Are tehy gonna release TPB?

I wanna get them, but if they're gonna release Trades I'll wait.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
did this really happen?..........

231113_10151139766677285_387352272_n.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did this really happen?..........

231113_10151139766677285_387352272_n.jpg

Yes and No...

That's just a cover...But in the comic Batman did briefly wear Hal's ring on some ole therapy bullshyt, but he immediately took it off.

Batman was also chosen to a member of the Sinestro Corps due to his ability to instill fear.

There's also an elseworlds book called "Batman: The Darkest Knight" that's about Batman becoming a Green Lantern.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
All New was pretty good except for Scott sounding like 90s Magneto a couple of times. I haven't read the rest of the X-titles or any of the Bat family. That's next.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thor #1 was dope

All New X-Men #1 is cool too

Venom #27 was ok

About to read The Ultimates #1 8 then The Amazing Spiderman #697

Cyclops dialog was a little suspect in All New X-Men...Mostly that "Brothers and Sisters" speech.

Also Fraction has successfully killed my interest in Fantastic Four again...As always with that fukker, the concept seems dope but this execution is horrible. Horrible fukking dialog.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All New was pretty good except for Scott sounding like 90s Magneto a couple of times. I haven't read the rest of the X-titles or any of the Bat family. That's next.

That's exactly what it sounded like. Scott just doesn't talk like that. Even that line about his "Mutant Name" :shaq2:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
LOL@Scott saying mutant brothers and sisters and "children of the atom"..the only Magneto follower that says that shyt is Exodus himself.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured Bendis was gonna fukk up the dialog of one character but for whatever reason I wasn't expecting it to be Scott.

I thought he was gonna give Magneto some kind of stupid Bendis-speak or something.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
as of right now cyclops and wolverine are the prof x and magneto of this new generation. IMO they need to kill of magneto (just have polarias fill in his role) and move on.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
She doesn't draw like that..Magneto is a A lister. The highest drawing Marvel villain in history. Xavier was out of the way and hasn't mattered the majority of the 2000s. No big shift in X-history is gonna happen without Magneto. They tried to kill him off when Jean died in Planet X and fan demand and the Marvel Editors put an end to that charade real quick. They were getting boos at conventions when they said "he wasn't coming back" and less than 5 months later? That experiment was over. Magneto, Doom, Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk, and Spider-Man aren't going ANYWHERE. And when you think about it, Polaris is the one who should be where Cyclops is right now. Her whole direction was already vexing in that direction from 2003 and onwards. They basically made Cylops a new character to save him from being complacent compared to the natural progression that Polaris made after surviving that Genosha massacre and the shyt she was getting away with before they did the space storyline with the 3rd Summers brother.

Now...exactly what book or trade did this Norman Osborn/Gwen Stacy storyline happen in? I need to read that...sounds like the definition of fukkery.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
She doesn't draw like that..Magneto is a A lister. The highest drawing Marvel villain in history. Xavier was out of the way and hasn't mattered the majority of the 2000s. No big shift in X-history isn't gonna happen without Magneto. They tried to kill him off when Jean died in Planet X and fan demand and the Marvel Editors put an end to that charade real quick. They were getting boos at conventions when they said "he wasn't coming back" and less than 5 months later? That experiment was over. Magneto, Doom, Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk, and Spider-Man aren't going ANYWHERE. And when you think about it, Polaris is the one who should be where Cyclops is right now. Her whole direction was already vexing in that direction from 2003 and onwards. They basically made Cylops a new character to save him from being complacent compared to the natural progression that Polaris made after surviving that Genosha massacre and the shyt she was getting away with before they did the space storyline with the 3rd Summers brother.

Now...exactly what book or trade did this Norman Osborn/Gwen Stacy storyline happen in? I need to read that...sounds like the definition of fukkery.

I like the direction cyclops has taken they just need to get rid of magneto hanging around him.

the norman osborn fukking gwen stacy revel happened in Amazing spidermnan 509-514 in TB it is called sins past.

as a comic book fan I thought oh snap gwen stacy had some kids and peter is father but his kids got cropputed by norman osborn.:smugdraper:

nope turns out he knew the kids were not his because he never fukked her. But norman osborn did. :pachaha:

so this story not only ruins the legacy of gwen stacy that older fans hold so near and dear to there heart but also mary jane who knew about the affair and in all there years of marriage never bothered to tell peter when he would start thinking about gwen and that damn bridge again. :heh:

on a side note editorial made Straczynski change the story because the kids were in fact going to be peter's :smh:

fukking joe.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Cyclops whole direction was never possible without Magneto...thats why he hinges on his advice and its been a main point in Gillens run.

That Stacy shyt sounds so silly..what year did this bullshyt go down? Stacy is a noble character..how are they gonna just have her go out like that?