Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:patrice: I get the feeling that Secret Wars was postponed simply because "editorial" wanted Hickman to write tie ins into the story.

:stopitslime: some things they mention, I have no idea what they're talking about. What is this "Prophet" shyt?

But the things I DO know :blessed::ohlawd::wow:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Marvel releases free Jessica Jones comic featuring Netflix's Daredevil

By Kwame Opam on October 7, 2015 12:44 pm

Marvel's next Netflix series Jessica Jones will be available for streaming next month, so it makes sense that the company is making a big push to get comics fans excited. In addition to the recent spate of teaser trailers (like the one above), Marvel has today released a free comic on Comixology to celebrate the show's release.

The new book is by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos — part of the same creative team behind the critically acclaimed Jessica Jones series, Alias, that ran from 2001 to 2004. Here, we're introduced to Jones, a private detective in Hell's Kitchen who's handling a case involving a man recently taken down by Daredevil himself. And right off the bat, it's clear Jones has no problem with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen's particular brand of justice.

This comic makes for a great reintroduction to the Marvel TV Universe on Netflix, fitting in nicely with the morbidly comic tone established with Daredevil earlier this year. Check it out. Jessica Jones premieres on November 20th.

Jones.0.jpg

"

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I guess I'm in the minority on Bendis. I generally like him but mostly its because i love his dialogue. I'm a sucker for that shyt
Bendis is the best writer for Spider-man but i cant really trust him with other comics yet :manny: but those panels with lady Thor were pretty funny.... we see what he does with Iron man still one issue, but it was a good start.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
"

By Kwame Opam on October 7, 2015 12:44 pm

Marvel's next Netflix series Jessica Jones will be available for streaming next month, so it makes sense that the company is making a big push to get comics fans excited. In addition to the recent spate of teaser trailers (like the one above), Marvel has today released a free comic on Comixology to celebrate the show's release.

The new book is by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos — part of the same creative team behind the critically acclaimed Jessica Jones series, Alias, that ran from 2001 to 2004. Here, we're introduced to Jones, a private detective in Hell's Kitchen who's handling a case involving a man recently taken down by Daredevil himself. And right off the bat, it's clear Jones has no problem with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen's particular brand of justice.

This comic makes for a great reintroduction to the Marvel TV Universe on Netflix, fitting in nicely with the morbidly comic tone established with Daredevil earlier this year. Check it out. Jessica Jones premieres on November 20th.

Jones.0.jpg

"

I'm curious to see how they revamped her.

Cause I couldn't get the hype of Alias or the Jessica Jones character at all. I mean... Luke Cage fukked her in the ass. yaaay. :stopitslime:

From the way it looks, though.... they've transformed her into Faith from Buffy and Angel. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I didn't like Iron Man, the art was good but nothing else stood out

:stopitslime: @ the Black Panther and Namor conflict being resolved off panel but the secret wars issue was pretty good

Avengers #0 :ohlawd: I'm hyped for most of those Avengers books now

I was skimming through Doctor Strange #1 at the shop and I put the book back. I hate Bachalo's art.

About to read Action Comics, Nailbiter and that new BKV book