Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
the separation of inhumans and mutants never made sense to me and this current situation makes no sense to any one outside of marvel head office.

instead of writing mutants off completely wouldn't have made more sense to acknowledged mutants of being an off shoot species of inhumans instead of humans?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the separation of inhumans and mutants never made sense to me and this current situation makes no sense to any one outside of marvel head office.

instead of writing mutants off completely wouldn't have made more sense to acknowledged mutants of being an off shoot species of inhumans instead of humans.?

EXACTLY!!!!

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

instead of writing mutants off completely wouldn't have made more sense to acknowledged mutants of being an off shoot species of inhumans instead of humans?

no cause then fox could possibly use inhumans in movies.
marvel wants there cake and to eat it to. If you notice x-books are going down and they are pushing more inhuman books.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
no cause then fox could possibly use inhumans in movies.
marvel wants there cake and to eat it to. If you notice x-books are going down and they are pushing more inhuman books.

Maybe..maybe not...I was talking about the canon in the books, but I'll bite...

Marvel may never get the rights back to the xmen but if they put gradually incorporate the remaining unused xmen under the inhumans tent pole then there could be a possible quicksilver and scarlet witch scenario.

Killing off the xmen books isn't going to hurt fox much because the movies are a bigger draw any how. Marvel is shooting themselves in the foot by killing potential fan spill over and alienating people who are already fans.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe..maybe not...I was talking about the canon in the books, but I'll bite...

Marvel may never get the rights back to the xmen but if they put gradually incorporate the remaining unused xmen under the inhumans tent pole then there could be a possible quicksilver and scarlet witch scenario.

Killing off the xmen books isn't going to hurt fox much because the movies are a bigger draw any how. Marvel is shooting themselves in the foot by killing potential fan spill over and alienating people who are already fans.
Oh I agree I was never a huge xmen fan but this is fukked up.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't know. But this is a big fukk you to fox they are no longer making new characters for them to use. :dead:
if they make wolverine an inhumane and get him back fox is done.
They can't get the rights back by retconning origins. If that was the case they would have gone back to the OG Dave Cockrum's origin idea of Logan being an actual wolverine that was turned into a humanoid by the High Evolutionary.

And there are more than enough previously created mutants that Fox won't ever run of characters.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't think they can get the rights back with what they're doing but after what we witnessed with the Scarlet Witch / Quicksilver, I feel these dirty hollywood lawyers found some type of fukkery in the legal papers that allows 'loose' interpretation as to how a character is classified based on said character's most known/common affiliation. i.e. SW and QS are affiliated with Magneto and the term 'mutants' but they are equally well known as Avengers.

I know nothing of the legalities and this is only musings but I do feel Marvel is doing 'permanent' reassignments as a long term strategy (as opposed to just petty killings). i.e. How many years would Johnny Storm have to be an 'Inhuman' before he falls in the same grey area as Wanda Maximoff? Disney's answer might be "as long as it takes :mjpls:"

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think they can get the rights back with what they're doing but after what we witnessed with the Scarlet Witch / Quicksilver, I feel these dirty hollywood lawyers found some type of fukkery in the legal papers that allows 'loose' interpretation as to how a character is classified based on said character's most known/common affiliation. i.e. SW and QS are affiliated with Magneto and the term 'mutants' but they are equally well known as Avengers.

I know nothing of the legalities and this is only musings but I do feel Marvel is doing 'permanent' reassignments as a long term strategy (as opposed to just petty killings). i.e. How many years would Johnny Storm have to be an 'Inhuman' before he falls in the same grey area as Wanda Maximoff? Disney's answer might be "as long as it takes :mjpls:"
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are murky because they were introduced in the X-Men books but the bulk of the characters appearances were in The Avengers. So without an individual agreement hammered out (like what was done with The Sub-Mariner) both sides have a legit claim on the characters.
Johnny Storm was named in the FF to Fox deal so he can be added to the Inhumans from now till 2050 and he'll still belong to Fox as long as they keep putting out shytty FF movies within the allotted time frame. Same situation with the Thing being moved over to Guardians of The Galaxy.

I have always been curious about Black Panther though with that Fox/FF deal. For a really long time BP was basically a FF supporting character even more than he was considered an Avenger. So would Fox have a legit leg to stand on if they wanted to add their own version of BP to the FF movies?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't even wanna see it at this point.

all that brilliant and layered storytelling.

Gutted so bendis can tell dumb crossovers.

Edit: just imagine of Hickman couldve just kept telling the story he wanted to.

Fantastic Four
FF
Secret Warriors
SHIELD
Avengers
New Avengers
Time Runs Out
Secret Wars

I was buy TPB then said, wait...where's the rest?

X-Men is such a mess. Did they even finish that story about who the new Juggernaut would be? What happened 2 Hope? What happened to "reincarnated" Angel/Warren Worthington? What happened to Wolverine's corpse? Is Havok still inverted? What was Mystique up to in all tha x-Men books?

:damn:
I'm still waiting to find out what happenedc to Sebastian Shaw. He escaped and was supposed to be this major upcoming threat and the.....

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I would love to see that match up... I swear I wish marvel would let the villans fight each other on some king of the mountain shyt... :mjlol:
Thanos vs. Apocalypse isn't a fight. Thanos would mop him up in seconds. If Thanos can beat Silver Surfer and take Black Bolt screaming in his face without falling, Apocalypse would be light work.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
every fukkin Tuesday im waitin to see some shyt i actually enjoy and never fukkin get it :deadmanny:

goddamn where the Ghost Racers shyt at?
most these Secret Wars shyts are done or almost done

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are murky because they were introduced in the X-Men books but the bulk of the characters appearances were in The Avengers. So without an individual agreement hammered out (like what was done with The Sub-Mariner) both sides have a legit claim on the characters.
Johnny Storm was named in the FF to Fox deal so he can be added to the Inhumans from now till 2050 and he'll still belong to Fox as long as they keep putting out shytty FF movies within the allotted time frame. Same situation with the Thing being moved over to Guardians of The Galaxy.

I have always been curious about Black Panther though with that Fox/FF deal. For a really long time BP was basically a FF supporting character even more than he was considered an Avenger. So would Fox have a legit leg to stand on if they wanted to add their own version of BP to the FF movies?

I'm somewhat curious about the wording on the legal docs because, yes, why would the twins be up for debate and not black panther. The twins classify as mutants and are directly linked to the most popular x-men villain. And BP's standard origin is as intertwined to the F4 as Galactus and Silver Surfer's. I was being facetious with the JStorm dig but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other characters that could potentially fall in that SW/QS category and if Marvel is throwing a thick Avengers/Inhuman/GoTG blanket over everything from now til forever as a result. Or maybe they're just being a dikk. I'd wager a little bit of both

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanos vs. Apocalypse isn't a fight. Thanos would mop him up in seconds. If Thanos can beat Silver Surfer and take Black Bolt screaming in his face without falling, Apocalypse would be light work.

I agree but to be fair Apocalypse has taken a Black Bolt scream also.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I know... :heh: I'm just waiting to see how he would approach the battle that's all...

Thanos: I thought you was a badass survival of the fittest remember... :ufdup:

Apocalypse: I just say that to the xmen as a catchphrase, Cant we work out a deal?:sadbron:

Thanos::mjpls: No, mutant....

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I know... :heh: I'm just waiting to see how he would approach the battle that's all...

Thanos: I thought you was a badass survival of the fittest remember... :ufdup:

Apocalypse: I just say that to the xmen as a catchphrase, Cant we work out a deal?:sadbron:

Thanos::mjpls: No, mutant....

Bruh, Apocalypse could give Thanos a good fight, he'd lose but it'd be decent. Think about it like this, he almost KILLED a young Thor with a single blow and has physically manhandled The Hulk.

BOTH Hulk and Thor give Thanos good fights alone and Apoc is at least at their level if not above it. Thanos is clearly above top tier, but Apoc is no less than a top tier if not 1 tier below Thanos.