Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ridiculous. Namor should be able to pull Captain Americans head off.

Namor don't want it with Cap...

I remember an issue of Avengers where Namor was talking mad shyt and broke a table in the Mansion, Cap came in told him to sit down and shut the the fukk up, then told him to move cause he was in his seat and that he better pay for that table he broke...Namor didn't say shyt back to him either.

mr somebody you are correct.
That lack of attention to accurate continuity.
Is why marvel does not even own itself, any longer.

Marvel writing is worse than booking in the current wwe.
shyt feels like a bunch of wack gumps who couldn't keep a wife or a marriage going. Taking their weak simp feelings out on happily married characters and destroying continuity cause they failed at life.
I read Spiderman to catch up and them making spidey lol with mj about moving in was bullshyt.

Not to mention the idea that nobody has the power levels they had that made them compelling.
On no day is cap'n America able to fukk with namor.
Namor beatdown all the avengers, originally.

When did all that plausibly change. Other than some goofball geek writer and editor. Being on some fat kid from fresh versus kick.

Tying to make it so for no reason at all.

shyt is bullshyt....
it used to be a dream of mine to pencil xmen.
Now the characters and writing is so piss poor.
I could care less about ever penciling a comic ever again.

Art Barr

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
mr somebody you are correct.
That lack of attention to accurate continuity.
Is why marvel does not even own itself, any longer.

Marvel writing is worse than booking in the current wwe.
shyt feels like a bunch of wack dump who couldn't keep a wife or a marriage going. Taking their weak dump feelings out on happily married characters and destroying continuity cause they failed at life.
I read Spiderman to catch up and them making spidey lol with my about moving in was bullshyt.

Not to mention the idea that nobody has the power levels they had that made them compelling.
On no day is cap'n America able to fukk with major.
Namor beatdown all the avengers, originally.

When did all that plausibky change. Other than some goofball geek writer and editor. Being on some fat kid from fresh versus kick.

shyt is bullshyt....
it used to be a area of mine to pencil xmen.
Now the characters and writing is so piss poor.
I could care less about ever penciling a comic ever again.

Art Barr
Marvel right now reminds me of when the 123 kid became popular. They let some nothing beat a powerful wrestler as a gimmick and because of some sick fan popularity. Marvels legendary characters can do no wrong and can somehow pull out victories against enemies they shouldnt stand a chance against. Namor getting punked by captain america is a joke that i dont find funny. Whats the point of their stats when they can get dropped by statistically inferior character. I dont care how hard captain america throws his shield. It should hit namor in the face and he should thank captain america for getting rid of an itch on his nose friend.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Of the broads I mentioned the only ones he didn't fukk was Psylocke and The Cuckoos. Psylocke was throwing the p*ssy at him and the only reason he didn't smash was because he was with Jean. The Cuckoos are all under aged.

Logan stayed simping Jean for decades. Most he got was a kiss and every time she went back home to fukk Cyclops.

Even in AvsX Consequences Scott clowning Logan for that shyt.

Scott was always jealous wolvie could get his bytch.
Scott is the security simp,all the telepaths flock to.
As they know he can be manipulated to take his female's well being into consideration over the entire group.

Real talk,...one of the few continuity retcon. Add on's i liked was.
the fact they finally explained grifter was smashing Jean when she was a model.
Only reason psyche's like scott is he is the super simp of the entire history of comic book universe.

wHich they read a mile away because he is such a simp.
He forgets all off the Xavier level of mental fail safes they are all supposed to have. Of which cyke is supposed to have the highest level for a non telepath. Which never work cause all you got to do is dangle some p*ssy in his face as a telepath.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Marvel right now reminds me of when the 123 kid became popular. They let some nothing beat a powerful wrestler as a gimmick and because of some sick fan popularity. Marvels legendary characters can do no wrong and can somehow pull out victories against enemies they shouldnt stand a chance against. Namor getting punked by captain america is a joke that i dont find funny. Whats the point of their stats when they can get dropped by statistically inferior character. I dont care how hard captain america throws his shield. It should hit namor in the face and he should thank captain america for getting rid of an itch on his nose friend.

On the real...

Marvel lost to death or let the wrong people become editors or lead writers.
Which lead to this.
I truly believe.. None of the creators at marvel jn general know of any actual continuity of the characters.
Nor do they own actual extensive comic book collections to get proper research on the characters, either.

Which is why every story it is like reading a new superhero.
Just dressed up in costume. Yet having a totally new identity every issue.

Lord forbid a cross over occurs.
If.a crossover occurs it is like reading bizarro land times infinity.
marvel did not used to be this way.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Versatile? Spider-Man sonned him in two panels in Secret Wars:laugh: That would never happen to Batman, Daredevil, or Elektra. And where was this Superspy stuff when he was going after the Hulk when his run first started? He got popular and everything else changed. Then they did the stuff where was pining for Jean Grey and she noticed it but never slept with him or anything. A few slick kisses during UNIQUE situations but that was it.

Jean never chased Cyclops. He DID turn his back on his son and daughter for her around the time X-Factor #1 came out and during Inferno. They've been trying to spin and white wash that for YEARS in a variety of explanations.

Yes,...
They have tried to whitewash it as they make him into the great white mutant wannabe badass hope.
His character is not and never will be.
I had to stop reading that avx trash, cause it was so out of what made sense.
Real talk,..
Also real talk,..
On no day is emma frost to be trusted.
So even them introducing emma as cyke's lover.
Is bullshyt to the umpteenth power.
That is just plain inexcusable when it comes to what central principles exist in that comic.

the sheer levels of complete horsesit in an xmen comic is a trip.
shyt is worse than rap music.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Alternate universe shyt..they would NEVER let that stuff happen in 616.
Cyclopsdefeated.jpg

All of their comics are alternate realities from the real continuity.
If I was you.
I would get prepared as a marvel reader with the awful writers,and editors.
To actually see that occur in your precious 616.
Then watch them try to retconn it even happening like a bad episode of bobby returns in the shower on Dallas.
All of marvel is bobby returns to Dallas garbage.
The reason you dudes accept that shyt is you never saw bobby get blasted.
Then were told when he came back seasons of continuty was just his wife's dreamscape.
If you dudes saw that bullshyt.
You would never accept the level of writing featured in a marvel comic.

Which used to be about quality,..so it never had to emulate the return of Bobby.

Art Barr

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
On the real...

Marvel lost to death or let the wrong people become editors or lead writers.
Which lead to this.
I truly believe.. None of the creators at marvel jn general know of any actual continuity of the characters.
Nor do they own actual extensive comic book collections to get proper research on the characters, either.

Which is why every story it is like reading a new superhero.
Just dressed up in costume. Yet having a totally new identity every issue.

Lord forbid a cross over occurs.
If.a crossover occurs it is like reading bizarro land times infinity.
marvel did not used to be this way.

Art Barr

They probably got sick of their own characters and sick of their fans who demanded characters maintain some level of popularity/relevance and decided to keep it safe. They cant even introduce new characters because people only want to read about the same ol same ol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I would take a book with Cyke and Magneto's team over that stupid All New X-Men, the unnecessary Cable/X-Force book.
Actually I think this team would have been a better choce to become the focus of Xmen Legacy than Legion who no one really had ever given a damn about.

They're supposed to be in an Uncanny X-Men book which every major storyline should go through. Not sharing the spotlight with Wolverine's school and 1960s original X-Men which is basically about Jean Grey being back. Horrible.

I hate how they knew it was good because of Gillen and put him on Iron Man just a year after launching and it becoming the #1 selling Marvel book.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Scott was 6'2 and 230-240lbs for the 90s and the early 2000s. He was Slim because of his teenage years and stuff like that during the 60s and 70s. Dude looked like damn near Captain America for years when the X-Men were at their hottest in the industry. His Jim Lee look even made it to the Fox show.

Cyke ain't been skinny in the xmen since the sixties damn near.
Back when dave cockrum[no franco] was penciling him. Cyke was a muclehead.
Which was when the definitive story arc
That supposedly drives the content of the mag.
that is misconstrued to this very day arose.
Even in the original xfactor and before storm whopped cyke in 201.
He was always illustrated as growing into being a musclehead.

The new artist are just on bullshyt and just want to change shyt just to change shyt like the writers.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They probably got sick of their own characters and sick of their fans who demanded characters maintain some level of popularity/relevance and decided to keep it safe. They cant even introduce new characters because people only want to read about the same ol same ol.

well they can not introduce new characters.
As they disturbeded continuity.
Which would make introducing new characters plausible.

ALso, they have done such a piss poor job with the existing characters.
Why would the audience, be accepting of new characters.

I believe most of the people reading marvel. Are new unsuspecting fans, looking to jump on. Or fans hoping they get their shyt together and just stay loyal hoping they do not miss out on it occurring. As trying to purchase back issues of new events has skyrocketed in price when it comes to back issues. plus the cover price is so high. They are stuck in a rock and a hard place.

I am glad I just said fukk it to collecting comics period once they got unbearable. As I am not trapped in that asylum based prison of collecting collectibles.

I let that shyt ride in watching wrasslin and even in rap music cause it is free.
Yet I will not pay for someone to insult my intelligence like comics.
An item that can not be bootlegged like wrasslin or rap music.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

This is some bullshyt...
Got cyke sitting their like some skinny drug addicted kevin spacey evil villain character in seven.
Then, trying to clown wolvie...

who is writing this bullshyt?!?!?!!!
Why is there greg capullo/mcfarlane Sam and twitch pencils and inks, too.

Damn, they have fukked this shyt up.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wasp actually does have some dope moments in Avengers history....

The best Wasp stuff is in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.

Read Avengers Forever and I guarantee you'll appreciate Wasp more.

The Avenger I'll never understand that people go nuts over is Vision....The Character is only interesting due to his Ultron and Scarlet Witch connections..

ole fake ass Red Tornado Martian Manhunter hybrid.

You can thank John Byrne for fukking up vision way back in wca avengers around the forties. Vision used to be s great character before they ruined Scarlett witch, and vision via john bryne.

John bryne fukked up wca so bad. I am surprised any characters from wca are still capable of drawing.

Wca was better than regular avengers before Byrne fukked it up.
Like most of the marvel stuff he did.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Back in the 80s Jim Shooter and Steven Grant took Wasp from what was essentially a useless one note character and made her actually useful and relevent to the Avengers. They did such a great job making her interesting that it was believable for her to look like a capable and effective leader on a team that had Capt. America, Thor and Iron Man on it.

Jim shooter was the best.
His loss is why marvel is where it is at.

Art Barr

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can thank John Byrne for fukking up vision way back in wca avengers around the forties. Vision used to be s great character before they ruined Scarlett witch, and vision via john bryne.

John bryne fukked up wca so bad. I am surprised any characters from wca are still capable of drawing.

Wca was better than regular avengers before Byrne fukked it up.
Like most of the marvel stuff he did.

Art Barr

Meh my favorite vision was when he turned white and was in the team with black knight :shaq2:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Meh my favorite vision was when he turned white and was in the team with black knight :shaq2:

If this was after they gave him back some semblence of the character he was.
After bryne ruined him.
Then I can understand you liking him with moonknight.
Who was also a wca member.
Vision was a perfect character before bryne ruined him.
After he was ruined.
The overall depth the character had was lost in trying to re-establish what was lost.

Art Barr