Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As soon as I walked in my comic store, store owner had that last issue of Fables waiting for me.

:sadcam:

Darkseid's daughter had THE best debut in comics history, HANDS DOWN.

Read Grant Morrison's "The Filth" for the 1st time. What kinda drugs he on!?

:lolbron:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Read Grant Morrison's "The Filth" for the 1st time. What kinda drugs he on!?

:lolbron:
The best kind.
7aao7dP.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
some of these stories are confusing as hell
now in old man Logan... isnt Wolverine dead already? like before the mulitverse got all fukked up?
so how did he somehow land on this new Doom World as Old Man Logan?
unless I missed something in the first couple issues

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
now in old man Logan... isnt Wolverine dead already? like before the mulitverse got all fukked up?

It's Wolverine from a different universe/timeline. Secret Wars is taking those alternate universes and condensing them down to one for now.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Every universe that got destroyed because of the Beyonders' shyt had a piece they kept. When Doom destroyed the Beyonders he used those stray pieces to built a single world, a hodge podge of different universes and thus featuring many versions of the same characters.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Every universe that got destroyed because of the Beyonders' shyt had a piece they kept. When Doom destroyed the Beyonders he used those stray pieces to built a single world, a hodge podge of different universes and thus featuring many versions of the same characters.
yeah
im starting to get it now
i guess thats why i was never fan of all this different universe bs
so much shyt happening at one time

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Damn what's with alan moore despising grant morrisson? He thinks he's an amateur that's been jacking his swag his whole career?:what:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn what's with alan moore despising grant morrisson? He thinks he's an amateur that's been jacking his swag his whole career?:what:

I legit think Alan Moore despises everything. While people put Moore and Morrison in the same lane, I don't really see how Morrison could be seen as biting his style.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I legit think Alan Moore despises everything. While people put Moore and Morrison in the same lane, I don't really see how Morrison could be seen as biting his style.

Pretty much. Alan Moore practically hates the entire medium of comics (outside of what he personally or his close friends have written), and he particularly hates Morrison because he feels Morrison leeched of his work. He might just be jelly though because Morrison is quite possibly the (in my opinion, quite certainly undisputed) greatest comic book writer of all time. And if there's anything that would piss off Moore than anything else, it's someone else being (considered) better than him.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. Alan Moore practically hates the entire medium of comics (outside of what he personally or his close friends have written), and he particularly hates Morrison because he feels Morrison leeched of his work. He might just be jelly though because Morrison is quite possibly the (in my opinion, quite certainly undisputed) greatest comic book writer of all time. And if there's anything that would piss off Moore than anything else, it's someone else being (considered) better than him.

Sounds about right. Dude shyts on his own work now, too. He's been all about throwing The Killing Joke in the bushes.

Also, I can see an argument for Morrison as the greatest comic writer. He's been able to write in damn near any genre/style, and still have it come out with his voice. No one comes close to that flexibility. I REALLY wish he could come back to work with Marvel. Him having the current state of the Marvel Universe as his playground would be amazing.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Sounds about right. Dude shyts on his own work now, too. He's been all about throwing The Killing Joke in the bushes.

Also, I can see an argument for Morrison as the greatest comic writer. He's been able to write in damn near any genre/style, and still have it come out with his voice. No one comes close to that flexibility. I REALLY wish he could come back to work with Marvel. Him having the current state of the Marvel Universe as his playground would be amazing.

Morrison has said he's stepping back from superhero comics for a while though. The upcoming Wonder Woman book is gonna be the last superhero book we're gonna see from him anytime soon.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Morrison has said he's stepping back from superhero comics for a while though. The upcoming Wonder Woman book is gonna be the last superhero book we're gonna see from him anytime soon.

Shiiiiiittt. He said that about a year or two before we got The Multiversity and the Wonder Woman book was announced. When he says "done with superheroes" I think he really means "done with dealing with continuity". I think that bullshyt DC pulled with launching the New 52 in the middle of his overall Batman run was the final straw.