Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Strange Fruit was just :ohlawd:

I don't know why I still read The Walking Dead...it must be out of habit because I am not enjoying it and it seems like Kirkman is in full on "I want to shock people" mode above everything else.

Saga was great as usual.

I am really going to need a Squadron Sinister ongoing that is in an entirely separate continuity from the main Marvel U. This book is really cool.

I actually found myself enjoying Archie #1; the re-imagining of the Archie characters was very well done by Mark Waid and Fiona Staples did a nice job with the art. I could easily see this version of Archie translating into a live-action teen soap on CW/ABC Family/MTV.

1872 was good too. Much better than I was expecting it to be.

Same for Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum Wars. I was expecting it to be some crappy thrown together crossover that made no sense but the first issue was good if a little rushed feeling.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Man, y'all are gonna make me rush to get strange fruits. SJW's are bytching about it like its some terrible shyt thats why I didn't pick it up, funny how most of the people bytching about it are white.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man, y'all are gonna make me rush to get strange fruits. SJW's are bytching about it like its some terrible shyt thats why I didn't pick it up, funny how most of the people bytching about it are white.
I guess the racist white characters were supposed to not use any racial slurs and the artist should have removed all of the Confederate flags from the issue too.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
This Strange Fruit fukkery. :laff:

They probably:mj: :hula:in the office after writing this bullshyt. :laff:

Write a comic about the black struggle and not one black person actually talks to another black person in it, brehs.

The art is gorgeous though.:whoo: :wow:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Strange Fruit was very good. Had no idea what it was about going in... but yes it quickly went from having my curiosity, to having my full attention.

Honestly, i remember back in high school, either history or afro lit classes, whenever we had to read one of those introspective novels about that time period, I'd always day dream about this exact type of shyt happening lol, on some "maaaaaan fukk this, we need some Negro Goku ass breh to touch down like it's planet Namek and bomb on these muthafukkas! Krillin and the brehs/brehettes need him :mjcry:"

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That last issue of Walking dead got me feeling a certain way

Rick gotta kill that bytch Alpha. She done fukked with the wrong one.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That last issue of Walking dead got me feeling a certain way

Rick gotta kill that bytch Alpha. She done fukked with the wrong one.
I had to re-read the last couple pages because I am hearing that Rosita was one of the heads on the spikes and I didn't even notice it because Rick didn't seem to give her any type of special recognition as he was looking at the other bit players heads.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Strange Fruit?
ok i got it
damn Runaways is back too?

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I had to re-read the last couple pages because I am hearing that Rosita was one of the heads on the spikes and I didn't even notice it because Rick didn't seem to give her any type of special recognition as he was looking at the other bit players heads.

She was the second or third to the last one. Rick was probably in shock.

On the real, what was the point of those Living Walkers doing that? :francis:

And how were they even able to get so many when they were pretty much in camp. :francis: :dwillhuh: