Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Black Panther the concept is good, Black panther books not so much :pachaha:
Nah you haven't read the good stuff then.

Mcgregor's run in the 70's was gold and so was Priest's which lasted about 50 issues (The run lasted 60+ but they replaced him with Kasper Cole). The Hell's Kitchen run was cool too

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Brehs I need help i'm trying to find the best Black Panther stuff to read...my 12 yr old brother wants to get put on..he started the Amazing Spiderman butwants that T'Challa piff...

Quite frankly i've only ever read his debut in that FF issue from 1957 or something...and the MARVEL Knights shyt/...

Any help? :patrice:
It comes out next month

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Nah you haven't read the good stuff then.

Mcgregor's run in the 70's was gold and so was Priest's which lasted about 50 issues (The run lasted 60+ but they replaced him with Kasper Cole). The Hell's Kitchen run was cool too

This. Truth be told he's never had a truely bad run. Some would argue Hudlin but his is more mediocre and mixed than bad and it did have its high moments. Priest's run is one of the best comic runs ever imo.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Can someone explain the, like, 9 Captain Marvels?

And why Reid Richards seems to be hated in the Secret Wars (like Scott after AvX)?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Brehs I need help i'm trying to find the best Black Panther stuff to read...my 12 yr old brother wants to get put on..he started the Amazing Spiderman butwants that T'Challa piff...

Quite frankly i've only ever read his debut in that FF issue from 1957 or something...and the MARVEL Knights shyt/...

Any help? :patrice:

The best two recent stories I read was " Invasion; Black Panther" written by Jason Aaron and "Captain America / Black Panther: Flags of our Fathers" written by Hudlin. Hudlin gets a bad rep but compared to Doomwar and BP Man without Fear his stuff holds up pretty well.

I think BP suffers more from having shytty writers try to decipher what makes him great than anything else. Hickman BP is amazing for example.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The best two recent stories I read was " Invasion; Black Panther" written by Jason Aaron and "Captain America / Black Panther: Flags of our Fathers" written by Hudlin. Hudlin gets a bad rep but compared to Doomwar and BP Man without Fear his stuff holds up pretty well.

I think BP suffers more from having shytty writers try to decipher what makes him great than anything else. Hickman BP is amazing for example.

Ehhh we're going to have to disagree with Hudlin's run being better than Liss. Hated the editorial forced premise but Liss knocked out a great run esp during the most dangerous man alive era. :ahh:

Flags of our Fathers is great though. Only really good BP story he wrote imo. Doomwar also had so much potential. First few issues were great then it started dipping.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ehhh we're going to have to disagree with Hudlin's run being better than Liss. Hated the editorial forced premise but Liss knocked out a great run esp during the most dangerous man alive era. :ahh:

Flags of our Fathers is great though. Only really good BP story he wrote imo. Doomwar also had so much potential. First few issues were great then it started dipping.

I liked the most dangerous man alive storyline too but the idea of BP moving away from Wakanda to sub in for Daredevil to prove himself after Doom kicked his ass just felt so out of character I couldn't jell with it.

I mean in the "Marvel Now" books that would of been a lightweight change. However, the idea of BP ignoring his wife, country, and identity to basically protect Hell's Kitchen seemed like bad writing. BP is out there taking out alien armies, shytting on mephisto but then he decides to fight Russian gangsters, Kingpin, and Kraven the hunter? It was basically daredevil

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
This. Truth be told he's never had a truely bad run. Some would argue Hudlin but his is more mediocre and mixed than bad and it did have its high moments. Priest's run is one of the best comic runs ever imo.
Hudlin wasn't subtle with his agenda mixed with mediocre writing and the forced marriage.

I thought Hudlin was pushing his agenda with the wrong character. Marvel should have given Luke Cage instead of BP, he was a bad fit.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Peter dropping knowledge
n6rn7r.jpg