Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the real, the 5 most powerful earth based villains in Marvel should be

Doom
Ultron
Graviton
Magneto
Moses Magnum.

I'd swap out Magneto for Count Nefaria...

Nefaria needs a revamp and they need to stop jobbing him out. He's a dude that used to beat down entire teams of Avengers by himself.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Nefaria needs a revamp and they need to stop jobbing him out. He's a dude that used to beat down entire teams of Avengers by himself.

lol I don't count Nefaira right now.

You have no idea how pissed I was when he showed up on The Raft in Bendis' Avengers #1 . As an "energy vampire".

If I COULD count Disco-Era™ Nefaria, I'd rank him #3 , just below Ultron.

Graviton may trump him in terms of sheer overall power, but Nefaria doesn't have those..... mental issues holding him back. Dude was BEASTLY.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
low key, i know marvel's record with black characters is ass 4 the most part, but my nikka dr. noah black, aka centurius, thats on the thunderbolts has gotten some decent characterization as the defacto leader of the beta team. nikka is a dr.doom/high evolutionary lite, but he stay g-checkin and outsmartin nikkaz, son was about 2 put baron zemo(alternate timeline) out 4 the count, i think he needs some more exposure........he'd make a perfect foil 4 t'challa. centurius, moses magnum, chemistro, and nightshade should all be premiere villains in marvelnow if diversity is the name of the game(we know it aint but still).

It always annoyed me that Bendis obviously had this huge hard-on for Luke Cage and made him a major part of the Avenger syet he didn't bring up any of cage's villains and gave them a boost to A-list villain levels abd it would have been so easy to do with Moses Magnum.
Just think about if Bendis had put all the time and energy into Magnum that he did into that lame ass Hood douchebag...Magnum had the background, powers and character motivation to be far more interesting as the #1 Avengers Bad Guy than a dikkhead in a Little Red Riding Hood cape and Wrangler jeans.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
lol dude is just having fun.

sucks wasp is back though i always thought she was useless but old fanboys will bust many nuts today.

Back in the 80s Jim Shooter and Steven Grant took Wasp from what was essentially a useless one note character and made her actually useful and relevent to the Avengers. They did such a great job making her interesting that it was believable for her to look like a capable and effective leader on a team that had Capt. America, Thor and Iron Man on it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Gravitron is powerful but he's a loser and he's stupid. It's why he's not top 10 on the earth and is behind guys like Sinister and Kang.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
lol I don't count Nefaira right now.

You have no idea how pissed I was when he showed up on The Raft in Bendis' Avengers #1 . As an "energy vampire".

If I COULD count Disco-Era™ Nefaria, I'd rank him #3 , just below Ultron.

Graviton may trump him in terms of sheer overall power, but Nefaria doesn't have those..... mental issues holding him back. Dude was BEASTLY.

I have always like Count Nefaria and think more should be done with him. Plus that John Byrne costume is one of my all-time favorite designs in comics. It is simple but cool as hell.
Rt2V9.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Gravitron is powerful but he's a loser and he's stupid. It's why he's not top 10 on the earth and is behind guys like Sinister and Kang.

know what... you're right. I think his appearance in the Avengers cartoon made me forget that comic wise, you or I could threaten to punch him and he'd fold up.

But when properly used or motivated:

gravyboat.jpg

"why havent Earth's superhuman heroes come to the rescue?"

Cause Graviton just stomped the shyt out of them. Gods, Hulks, Horses and all. :win:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Now he's getting beat by entire teams of Avengers in Moon Knight's head

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It always annoyed me that Bendis obviously had this huge hard-on for Luke Cage and made him a major part of the Avenger syet he didn't bring up any of cage's villains and gave them a boost to A-list villain levels abd it would have been so easy to do with Moses Magnum.
Just think about if Bendis had put all the time and energy into Magnum that he did into that lame ass Hood douchebag...Magnum had the background, powers and character motivation to be far more interesting as the #1 Avengers Bad Guy than a dikkhead in a Little Red Riding Hood cape and Wrangler jeans.

:russ:

i liked the hood though.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
know what... you're right. I think his appearance in the Avengers cartoon made me forget that comic wise, you or I could threaten to punch him and he'd fold up.

But when properly used or motivated:

gravyboat.jpg

"why havent Earth's superhuman heroes come to the rescue?"

Cause Graviton just stomped the shyt out of them. Gods, Hulks, Horses and all. :win:

That is a cool ass splashpage.
Zircher is an underrated artist.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Bruce told him in Batman Inc. that he has to go back to Talia because he's in danger by being with him.

fukk Talia :pacspit:

Best Robin ever

read the the other batman's he is still around. I doubt he is going anywhere because of his popularity.