Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The potential amount of fukkery between Spidey, Deadpool and Torch is :wow:

uJ3TjC6.gif

for the first few issues to see how it goes.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They need to put The Hood up. Dude is never going to be what they want him to be. Seriously let that shyt die.
Goddamn Quicksilver has a shytty costume now. Like this is the shyttiest costume he has ever had. Dude goes from one finally decent costume to pure shyt. lol at Rogue's face

Also don't know if I like the new 2099 costume.

I'm guessing The Ultimates is the REAL Avenger team. Because all of those characters except for 1 and I ain't talkin BP.... are power houses.

Also... way too many spider books.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What about cyborg ? He's black and founder of the jla
I made a remark that outside of Cyborg, I wasn't too impressed with how DC has been promoting black excellence compared to Marvel.

In regards to Cyborg tho, he joined the JL in '09 as part of the new 52 big 7... yet he was the only member never to get a solo series until now, 6-7 years after the fact. When they announced him for movies, he got a lot of criticism b/c all he has ever been for the last 6-7 years for the JL is a monitor duty ass nygga and Batman's personal iphone5

Mind you, the underlying belief behind Cyborg's inclusion in the league was that DC felt they had to fill the negro quota and they didn't want to sacrifice Hal Jordan for John Stewart (the obvious choice) so they bumped Cyborg from the titans as the quota filler but never had any plans for him outside of Batman's calculator and the team chauffeur.

Recall that DC actually planned to kill off John Stewart but the writer that they were forcing to write the story refused and went public with the mess, which led to major backlash and DC falling back on their plan.

So with all that background, when the solo movie was announced, there was a number of articles and fan protests ripping Cyborg and DC for not doing shyt with the character, basically throwing the popular black GL in the bushes for underdeveloped, neglected garbage... as a result, they announced a Cyborg solo, brought in the guy who was writing Shaft and the writer acknowledged that he would be tackling a lot of the issues that have plagued Cyborg, including giving him an actual supporting cast, changing up his look, giving him a rogue gallery, and making him more than the butler for the justice league.

So, we gon see.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

she's prolly a little weaker than Carol, but not by much. On top of that, she's a teleporter with unlimited range including different realities and universes.

she's also the only one of her that exists in any reality. But since all the marvel realities are destroyed right now, that's not saying much. It may or may not play into the team operating on a universal scale.

I'm guessing they'll operate like that. With the lineup they got, what else are they gonna do? fight the frightful four? lol

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Not sure how you could say America Chavez is not a powerhouse. She's probably the strongest superhero of the young generation.