Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
O7RwyMV.jpg

FR0moPd.jpg

XIgPuMr.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
i wanna hear the reference lol, i'm good for doing my googles

oh yea hit me with the analogy im an 80's baby and my tastes are even older than me.

Sorry. Kerr Avon from Blake's 7. With a d'ast alien accent. Especially his modern, pre-GotG reboot incarnation. If you haven't you should both read the Annihilation storyline, so you can see what Marvel threw away to make movies (okay, damn good movies) for.

Before that (the 70s), he was really just kinda generic and Flash Gordon-ish. But all those 70s "Space Gunmen" were kind of generic, right.

in Infinity whats the other gem thanos got besides the time? old girl must have the power gem to be giving thanos that work like that

She has the Mind Gem (blue) and yes, the Power Gem (red)

He has the Soul Gem (green) and the Time Gem (orange)

That leaves Space and Reality up for grabs.

KU0Ava8l.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have no idea who that ninja is.

prolly means it's a new character. :mjlol:

Also... you got Warren Ellis writing about an alien martial artist philosopher who can find and exploit the flaw in anything. Think about that.

Finally, they FINALLY took the set up from Avengers Forever and made Songbird an Avenger.

FINALLY.

Which hopefully means Genis-Vell is about to come back. Hopefully.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WTF is that bullshyt they have Quicksilver wearing?

And why is Marvel still trying so hard to make The Hood happen? That character is hot garbage. Always has been and always will be.

I was trying to ignore that, along with the fact that Deadpool is an Avenger now.

It's crazy. Marvel pushed Deadpool so much that I hate the character now.

Folks that dont read comics know who he is, talking bout "Chimichangas" and shyt.

The movie isn't close to being out yet.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
True but here me out tho:

• When i refer to Kara, that's both supergirl/powergirl. So with Val Zod, the only thing he's been known for since his induction is getting his ass kicked and being Kara's chocolate eye candy.
  • All I've heard about black Wally West is they've made him a stereotyped black criminal youth whose part of a gang, hates Barry Allen and hasnt shown many if any redeemable or heroic qualities.
  • Stewart is my favorite DC character but up until the day before his book came out, there was zero promotion for Lost Army by DC. They even had a reveal of the 75th anniversary GL variants, about 20 or so covers, and John was only in 1 of them. It's nothing but Hal Jordan over there. Stewart aint even featured in the DCYou campaign and he's their greatest black character. Cyborg is tho :dry:
  • Doomed was cool but if not for you guys on this board, I wouldn't have even known that ol boy and the Robin guy were black... with those vague covers.

Meanwhile, Disney got Miles, T'Challa, Adam, Monica, Sam Wilson, Nighthawk, Blur, etc all up in the video, all up in the promotion, with writers/artists who you know are going to bring it.

A couple weeks back In the CBR forums, John Stewart fans were mad salty and wishing that GL was owned by Disney given the stark contrast.
Notice how the only Marvel movie character that didn't get a book announced is the black one :mjpls:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Notice how the only Marvel movie character that didn't get a book announced is the black one :mjpls:
They still have 5-6 books left to announce... and word is T'Challa is going to be one of them but revealing it and the remaining ones would spoil aspects of Secret Wars.

That's the narrative, and I'll believe it.... for now :mjpls:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They still have 5-6 books left to announce... and word is T'Challa is going to be one of them but revealing it and the remaining ones would spoil aspects of Secret Wars.

That's the narrative, and I'll believe it.... for now :mjpls:
What about cyborg ? He's black and founder of the jla

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even know, the only one on the team that doesn't have god like powers is t'challa.

The only people that could hang with that team is the cabal especially since they've made thanos strong enough to handle a Thor police force dolo :francis:
When did Thanks beat them ? The next secret wars dropped

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sigh so now they're turning Peter into Tony Stark, complete with spider-man as his "bodyguard"

jbm55bu-141955-4fe0f.jpg

I'm curious but Slott tried this whole "this is Peter all grown up" thing before..how many times can he make Peter all grown up? And wasn't the point of One More Day to make Peter less of a grown up?:russ: "We can't tell this story of Parker Industries being a global success, Peter getting a new costume, jet setting in London and Singapore, dealing with global threats bigger than the normal street crime all while he's married!"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A lot of this new shyt looks interesting: ultimates, uncanny avengers, hulk, all new x men, and cap....but i also noticed there's amazing spider-man, spider-man, spider-gwen, spider-man 2099, spider-woman and web warriors, meaning it's hilarious the amount of stories that got printed a week or two ago saying how miles was THE spiderman in marvel now:mjlol: