Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
UncannyX-MenVol4.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Between Ultimates, Squadron Supreme and All New All Different Avengers... with the Miles Morales Spiderman solo and undoubtedly Black Panther solo on the way... Marvel is giving DC that work with this black excellence tip. And I bet it's largely Disney behind this.

I'm supporting most if not all of these, b/c this is the shyt I've always wanted. And if they do well, hopefully that'll wake DC TFU from thinking Cyborg and just having Kara/Barbara banging black guys is enough 'effort' for our wallets lol
DC has more black representation than just Cyborg and Batgirl getting down with the swirl:
The lead character in We Are Robin is black
The lead character in Doomed is black
John Stewart is the lead in Green Lantern: Lost Army
Black Superman has a major role in Earth 2
Amanda Waller & Black Manta are the leader/field leader in Suicide Squad
Wally West is black and prominently featured in the Flash comic
The new Power Girl in Teen Titans is black

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
DC has more black representation than just Cyborg and Batgirl getting down with the swirl:
The lead character in We Are Robin is black
The lead character in Doomed is black
John Stewart is the lead in Green Lantern: Lost Army
Black Superman has a major role in Earth 2
Amanda Waller & Black Manta are the leader/field leader in Suicide Squad
Wally West is black and prominently featured in the Flash comic
The new Power Girl in Teen Titans is black

True but here me out tho:

• When i refer to Kara, that's both supergirl/powergirl. So with Val Zod, the only thing he's been known for since his induction is getting his ass kicked and being Kara's chocolate eye candy.
  • All I've heard about black Wally West is they've made him a stereotyped black criminal youth whose part of a gang, hates Barry Allen and hasnt shown many if any redeemable or heroic qualities.
  • Stewart is my favorite DC character but up until the day before his book came out, there was zero promotion for Lost Army by DC. They even had a reveal of the 75th anniversary GL variants, about 20 or so covers, and John was only in 1 of them. It's nothing but Hal Jordan over there. Stewart aint even featured in the DCYou campaign and he's their greatest black character. Cyborg is tho :dry:
  • Doomed was cool but if not for you guys on this board, I wouldn't have even known that ol boy and the Robin guy were black... with those vague covers.

Meanwhile, Disney got Miles, T'Challa, Adam, Monica, Sam Wilson, Nighthawk, Blur, etc all up in the video, all up in the promotion, with writers/artists who you know are going to bring it.

A couple weeks back In the CBR forums, John Stewart fans were mad salty and wishing that GL was owned by Disney given the stark contrast.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
We already knew that Marvel would follow up the release of Uncanny Inhumans #0 with a post-Secret Wars ongoing series. Today Mashable confirmed that series, which will again be written by Charles Soule and drawn by Steve McNiven. We also knew, based on the FCBD Inhumans story, that the Human Torch will be leaving the Fantastic Four and joining the team. However, one revelation we didn't expect is that Beast of the X-Men will also be joining the Inhumans.

It seems that some sort of conflict between the X-Men and Inumans will play out during the eight month gap between Secret Wars and All-New, All-Different Marvel. Whatever that involves, Beast will find himself on the opposite side when the dust settles. This development could be tied to the "Trial of Hank McCoy" storyline in Uncanny X-Men #600.

"'Uncanny' was first associated with the Inhumans, not everybody knows that," Soule told Mashable. "Because it wasn’t the huge explosion with X-Men at first … it means, and I think it fits the Inhumans better anyway, 'strange and mysterious.' It just means, 'This is a big deal, Marvel readers!'" He continued, "It’s this awesome, swirling superhero story that has a lot of things going on — and is a blast."

So I'm guessing Hanks not a mutant but a Inhuman now...:francis: