Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
What do you mean
Stories exists in their own books now, for example in batman you have jim Gordon who is the new batman in a robo suit but in justice league we still have Bruce Wayne, green lantern is no longer a green lantern but in Justice league he is apart of the team. You have two Justice league books with the exact same cast and they retconned black Canary where she is a part of a rock band now or something.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Stories exists in their own books now, for example in batman you have jim Gordon who is the new batman in a robo suit but in justice league we still have Bruce Wayne, green lantern is no longer a green lantern but in Justice league he is apart of the team. You have two Justice league books with the exact same cast and they retconned black Canary where she is a part of a rock band now or something.

I have no idea what they're trying to do right now. Half of these newly launched books (like Black Canary) read like some really forced attempts to copy Marvel's 'indie-style' books like Ms Marvel, Immortal Iron Fist and Ghost Rider (hipster writing, artists with a very different style).

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Warren Ellis was able to make The Ghost an interesting character.

Madame Masque has tons of potential. Especially if you throw her dad Count Nefaria into the mix.

Living Laser has a cool power set that can be taken advantage of and a decent backstory.

The Controller has potential. A lunatic with super-strength and the ability to control minds is worth revamping.

Temugin is a cool character already and just needs an opportunity to shine.

The Mauler has the perfect backstory to be the anti-Iron Man. A dude with a hi-tech battle suit who blames corporations and the rich for all of his problems. He is like the Bizarro Iron Man.

There are villains in Iron Man's rogues gallery that are worth taking a crack at retooling. I am not saying spend time on The Unicorn or Firebrand but his villains are not a complete lost cause.
I liked Ezekiel Stane as a villain. He was like Iron Man 2.0 and a complete sociopath. He had a familial grudge against Stark. And he had his own evil Asian Pepper.

He was scary at first. Then Fraction made him the Mandarin's bytch...though he did end up killing Mandarin.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
doctor-strange.jpg

By Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/2...c?hootPostID=107f519b766667b9baf61db1cbe351c2

I don't know about this one brehs. Aaron is hit or miss and I despise Bachalo's art.
I think it will be good because Aaron's Ghost Rider was good. He excels at weird mystical shyt and horror, so this may be a good project for him. He just needs to stay away from X-Men.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question brehs. How different is The movie Star lord from the og comic one? Did they give him a swagger boost like RDJ did tony stark

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Question brehs. How different is The movie Star lord from the og comic one? Did they give him a swagger boost like RDJ did tony stark

old one was a cynical, hard edged battle weary tactician who busted his guns. He was also prolly in his mid-40s. I could give you a good TV world analogy, but I doubt you'd get the reference.

The new one is a totally different character in every way but name and may as well be a teenage Han Solo.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
old one was a cynical, hard edged battle weary tactician who busted his guns. He was also prolly in his mid-40s. I could give you a good TV world analogy, but I doubt you'd get the reference.

The new one is a totally different character in every way but name and may as well be a teenage Han Solo.

Yea i got the han solo/ Indiana jones vibe from him but wasnt sure if that was true to character

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Yea i got the han solo/ Indiana jones vibe from him but wasnt sure if that was true to character

It's not true to his character but when they brought him back from the cancereverse he got a complete overhaul. He went from battle hardened solider to blonde space Indiana Jones with Spider-Man like quips.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not true to his character but when they brought him back from the cancereverse he got a complete overhaul. He went from battle hardened solider to blonde space Indiana Jones with Spider-Man like quips.

Well it works for the movies. No way i can take a team with a talkin rac00n and tree seriously