Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
totally-awesome-hulk-141310.jpg

By Greg Pak and Frank Cho
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/24/the-hulk-gets-totally-awesome-in-new-series-from-greg-pak-and-fr

Secret Wars #4 Preview
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/24/preview-marvels-secret-wars

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Am I the only one who doesn't like this new Anti Continuity thing DC is doing? I need structure it should all be one cohesive universe this is just sloppy.
I am fine with it. I am not the biggest continuity person though.
Besides it looks like most of the big stuff is being noticed across the board like Superman's now powers and identity and Gordon as Batman.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Stories exists in their own books now, for example in batman you have jim Gordon who is the new batman in a robo suit but in justice league we still have Bruce Wayne, green lantern is no longer a green lantern but in Justice league he is apart of the team. You have two Justice league books with the exact same cast and they retconned black Canary where she is a part of a rock band now or something.
Jim Gordon as Big Bunny Batman has appeared in several books besides the Bat books already.
In the New 52 continuity Canary was never a full time League member but rather a loose affiliate.
The main Justice League book has always been behind in reflecting current character continuity even before the NEw 52 stuff. They will probably show the updated continuity once the Darkseid War is over.
Hitch's Justice League will probably be the same way.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Grayson was cool but I am :stopitslime: about them killing Nemesis like some jobber.

I liked issue #1 of We Are Robin and glad to see that Duke Thomas is going to be the primary character. Plus I am intrigued by just which one of Batman's supporting cast is their mysterious benefactor.

I loved all the nonsense in Justice League 3001 and the first issue featuring not only my favorite JL villain in Starro but a cameo by Ambush Bug and the return of the original Supergirl has me hyped for this book's second incarnation.

Korvac Saga was good; I don't get why Wonder Man of all people was picked to be a Baron but the old school Guardians of the Galaxy are always a fun read.

Liked Infinity Gauntlet #2 even more than #1.

E is for Extinction read like a bad Grant Morrison impersonator wrote it. Ramon Villalobos did a good job creating Quitely-lite art though.

Uncanny Avengers was just as shytty as every issue from about issue #5 on has been. Remender really does not need to be writing any Avengers book because he is really bad at it.

Walking Dead was :beli:...Kirkman does pretty much the same story beats for all of these big bad group vs Rick's groups storylines and this feels like a case of rinse and repeat thematically. Plus Carl acting like such a pill over some stank zombie cosplayer p*ssy is ridiculous.

Did not like Aquaman...the story was OK but the art is all wrong for this book and this character.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
558b0e580fba7-6c1ed.jpg

By Robinson and Kirk:blessed::blessed:
I like they are using different Squadron members from different dead worlds and I have always liked Thundra so it will be interesting to see how she fits in.
Hopefully Robinson can hit this one out of the park because everything he has done since coming over to Marvel has been total ass cheeks.

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku

Bucky? Why would they need to black out the arm?

Walking Dead was :beli:...Kirkman does pretty much the same story beats for all of these big bad group vs Rick's groups storylines and this feels like a case of rinse and repeat thematically. Plus Carl acting like such a pill over some stank zombie cosplayer p*ssy is ridiculous.

Did not like Aquaman...the story was OK but the art is all wrong for this book and this character.

B-b-but his face! Only she can look at the huge, fukking gaping open wound on his Doomdamn skull and not flinch because she's already fukked up beyond repair. It's definitely not a red flag

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Grayson was cool but I am :stopitslime: about them killing Nemesis like some jobber.

I liked issue #1 of We Are Robin and glad to see that Duke Thomas is going to be the primary character. Plus I am intrigued by just which one of Batman's supporting cast is their mysterious benefactor.

I loved all the nonsense in Justice League 3001 and the first issue featuring not only my favorite JL villain in Starro but a cameo by Ambush Bug and the return of the original Supergirl has me hyped for this book's second incarnation.

Korvac Saga was good; I don't get why Wonder Man of all people was picked to be a Baron but the old school Guardians of the Galaxy are always a fun read.

Liked Infinity Gauntlet #2 even more than #1.

E is for Extinction read like a bad Grant Morrison impersonator wrote it. Ramon Villalobos did a good job creating Quitely-lite art though.

Uncanny Avengers was just as shytty as every issue from about issue #5 on has been. Remender really does not need to be writing any Avengers book because he is really bad at it.

walking dead is just...

shyt isnt even worth downloading anymore
garbage ass shyt

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Comixology has a 0.99 sale on Bendis-era X-Men untl 11PM today. Funny thing is, the collections aren't price adjusted. For example, Vol. 1: The Revolution (which connects #1-5) is 8.99, but you can buy #1-5 individually for .99 each, making that collection $5 when you buy each one on its own.

I remember 1 breh on here wanted to get into about Militant Cyclops, well Bendis' X-Men is all Militant Cyclops, so you can get them today for the low.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Bucky? Why would they need to black out the arm?

B-b-but his face! Only she can look at the huge, fukking gaping open wound on his Doomdamn skull and not flinch because she's already fukked up beyond repair. It's definitely not a red flag

:ohhh: you may be on to something with that arm thing....

edit: :russ: the voice in my head said it's Revolver Ocelot.

Shut the fukk up. Stoopid voice. :bryan: