Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats the thing that gets me about tony stark.

Ever since the movie came out, marvel has done it's BEST to make him into and A+, flagship character.

But Tony's history is full of nothing but him being a perennial fukk up. He's never been a good leader, everything he's ever done outside of beating up street level folks in his highly advanced armor has gone horribly wrong. Hell, even the fact that his tech is so often pirated is the cause of 9 out of 10 armored supervillains in Marvel.

On top of that, he's tactically weak and has been out plotted and schemed by everyone from Kingpin to Black Panther.

He didn't even have a personality before the movie. If you don't know the history, I PROMISE you there's stories where Rhodey was in the armor and you had no idea because you couldn't tell the difference.

Outside of being smart, dude is B+ in every sense of the word.

Well you know they're making a full push to make him the man in marvel now since he's their biggest movie star

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
thats the thing that gets me about tony stark.

Ever since the movie came out, marvel has done it's BEST to make him into and A+, flagship character.

But Tony's history is full of nothing but him being a perennial fukk up. He's never been a good leader, everything he's ever done outside of beating up street level folks in his highly advanced armor has gone horribly wrong. Hell, even the fact that his tech is so often pirated is the cause of 9 out of 10 armored supervillains in Marvel.

On top of that, he's tactically weak and has been out plotted and schemed by everyone from Kingpin to Black Panther.

He didn't even have a personality before the movie. If you don't know the history, I PROMISE you there's stories where Rhodey was in the armor and you had no idea because you couldn't tell the difference.

Outside of being smart, dude is B+ in every sense of the word.
Nah you could tell the difference between Tony and Rhodey in the suit. The writers were trying so hard to make him sound "Blacker" than usual see Secret Wars

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:dahell: i'm starting to believe DC purposely fukks up their continuity. when does darkseid war take place? is it before or after the convergence? when does superman lose his power? why does DC reboot it's universe only to fukk it up in a couple of years?
I don't get why people care about continuity to the level you are talking about when it comes to the team books like Justice League. Just assume the events of JL happened in between whatever "major change" happened in the solo books.
I honestly would prefer it if none of the solo books stories were ever even mentioned in Justice League. It would have saved Dwayne McDuffie's run from being completely screwed over.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So in the new 52 has Darkseid been depowered to beatable levels cause in the justice league book he blasted scott free's legs with the OBs and they didnt disintegrate or transport them shyts to another dimension like the old D would do
Those eye beams of Darkseids have always been on a flexible scale of devastation. I guess when Darkseid has a long monologue he needs to have someone listen to he sets his eye beams to stun.:mjlol:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why did marvel start all these new series then say they all gonna restart with a number 1
Marvel has been using that cheap "seasons" marketing gimmick for a while now where they restart almost every book after 2 years with a new #1 issue because #1 issues always get a bump in sales.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Marvel has been using that cheap "seasons" marketing gimmick for a while now where they restart almost every book after 2 years with a new #1 issue because #1 issues always get a bump in sales.

And they get me every year..even if i eventually drop some books, I'm always on board to begin with

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I need to chill and stack up. I'm gonna semi-retire but this new marvel is calling me

Was gonna make a separate thread for this, but fukk it. I'll still make a different thread if the people approve.

Y'all should post up

Yea, I'm not gonna empty my long boxes. I got 8 long boxes (1 filled 75%) of comics/trades I organized plus a tub 3 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2 filled with trades and a baby tub of Thanos comics/trades. I need to get another box too. :ld:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I need to chill and stack up. I'm gonna semi-retire but this new marvel is calling me

Was gonna make a separate thread for this, but fukk it. I'll still make a different thread if the people approve.

Y'all should post up

7nHXX8S.jpg

qJPsSvH.jpg

GDrtUnj.jpg

On3y4yj.jpg

Q3FRRlK.jpg

UZyhhLv.jpg

Look at all that image and boom fire :banderas:

Is Dead Letters good?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I don't get why people care about continuity to the level you are talking about when it comes to the team books like Justice League. Just assume the events of JL happened in between whatever "major change" happened in the solo books.
I honestly would prefer it if none of the solo books stories were ever even mentioned in Justice League. It would have saved Dwayne McDuffie's run from being completely screwed over.

It wouldn't bother me so much if this wasn't on the heels of an event that already ended and the fact that the solo books weren't fukked up either. Last weeks action comics has a call back to a issue of superman that's not due to be released for atleast two weeks. Makes me feel like I'm constantly behind..

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It wouldn't bother me so much if this wasn't on the heels of an event that already ended and the fact that the solo books weren't fukked up either. Last weeks action comics has a call back to a issue of superman that's not due to be released for atleast two weeks. Makes me feel like I'm constantly behind..
Justice League was one of the only (or was it the only) books that kept being published during Convergence though. And its not like Convergence was a real crossover event story that weaved its way into other books.
Now if you are a stickler for continuity then you should be annoyed as fukk that Uncanny Avengers was just rolling along like Hickman wasn't destroying multiverses at Marvel.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Justice League was one of the only (or was it the only) books that kept being published during Convergence though. And its not like Convergence was a real crossover event story that weaved its way into other books.
Now if you are a stickler for continuity then you should be annoyed as fukk that Uncanny Avengers was just rolling along like Hickman wasn't destroying multiverses at Marvel.

Not really a stickler truth be told I'm not that involved in dc and marvel. I find some of the shyt they do annoying..but secret wars has been good and hopefully the darkseid war won't disappoint.

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Look at all that image and boom fire :banderas:

Is Dead Letters good?
I ain't read it yet:pachaha:i ain't read 12 reasons, the wake, black dynamite... A bunch of other I didn't take shots of, like low, fuse, etc. I need to start over with dead body road & deadly class cause I bought more since the last issue I read... I gotta finish the last few of fraction's Hawkeye... Avengers/ new avengers & snyder's batman are a few of the ones I'm all the way current on...

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
shyt like that (and event fatigue) killed my interested in buying new comics. Marvel is the worst when it comes to constantly relaunching titles and having the awful trend of giving every book the same adjective like Uncanny, New, All-New, etc.