Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This "AvsX: Consequences" book is pretty good. Giving my nikka Cyclops his due and showing a more well balanced view of all the characters.

Only thing I didn't like about this issue was the stuff about Hope....Haven't liked that character since she became a teenager.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also it just dawned on me.....

The Avengers were so fukking shook about the Phoenix coming to earth, yet nobody seems to fukking care that an 8 year old is running around with significantly more power than the Phoenix Five, Hope, and Scarlet Witch have combined.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Also it just dawned on me.....

The Avengers were so fukking shook about the Phoenix coming to earth, yet nobody seems to fukking care that an 8 year old is running around with significantly more power than the Phoenix Five, Hope, and Scarlet Witch have combined.

you talking about franklin?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you talking about franklin?

Yeah

Muhfukka running around with pocket universes and shyt and nobody seems to have a problem with it.

It's got shyt to do with him having responsible people around him either because the X-Men made a living off training kids to use powers and the Avengers was still on some hating bullshyt.

Hell I don't see anybody making a fuss about Wiccan running around with all his powers either. They touched on it once during Children's crusade and since then they've just let him do whatever he wants.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah

Muhfukka running around with pocket universes and shyt and nobody seems to have a problem with it.

It's got shyt to do with him having responsible people around him either because the X-Men made a living off training kids to use powers and the Avengers was still on some hating bullshyt.

Hell I don't see anybody making a fuss about Wiccan running around with all his powers either. They touched on it once during Children's crusade and since then they've just let him do whatever he wants.

The avengers are just haters :leostare:Like cap loves scarlet witch of course he'd vouch for her . Wonderman and cyclops were right :ufdup:
I don't get how cyke can't get a pass just cause he's not being apologetic ?he was controlled by phoenix due to Tony's stupidity.
Yet stark gets a pass for sending dangerous criminals after heroes in civil war and responsible for getting goliath killed him and mr fantastic . Yet Reed should be trusted to raise a omega level mutant

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The avengers are just haters :leostare:Like cap loves scarlet witch of course he'd vouch for her . Wonderman and cyclops were right :ufdup:
I don't get how cyke can't get a pass just cause he's not being apologetic ?he was controlled by phoenix due to Tony's stupidity.
Yet stark gets a pass for sending dangerous criminals after heroes in civil war and responsible for getting goliath killed him and mr fantastic . Yet Reed should be trusted to raise a omega level mutant

That's what I like about "AvsX Consequences" because it shows Cyke isn't crazy or evil. He was just willing to do whatever it takes to protect the next generation of mutants.

They also did a good job of showing he's NOT just his powers.

He takes full responsibility for what he does but he's not apologetic because he knows he's right.

Oh and Scot Eaton should get more work as an artist. Dude has consistently been putting in good work since his run on Black Panther.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on the definition.

In my opinion, the artist to check out in the mainstream, if you haven't already, is J.H. Williams III. He's the only reason why I even deign to check out DC Comics anymore.

Good look.

He's got some dope stuff out there. Might have to check him out.

This shyt is :ahh:

bw10607600.jpg

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
After reading doom war with hp what other piff from black panther do y'all recommend?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Consequences was good again. Magik is one of the best scene stealers of 2012. She keeps getting away with so much shyt:laugh: Cyclops and Magneto are in communication..that metal filing dust was a nice touch. The artist draws Cyclops a little too skinny though. They ALWAYS got Kitty saying some slick shyt to Emma..that comedy has been going for years:laugh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After reading doom war with hp what other piff from black panther do y'all recommend?

Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther is hands down the best showing of the character.

Priest is to Black Panther what Frank Miller was to Daredevil.

Also the Red Zone arc from Avengers v3 is dope.

certain parts of Hudlin's run were fun (Bad Mutha, The Marvel zombie stuff).

In terms of characterization Don McGregors work on Jungle Action is dope as hell, but T'Challa is watered down in terms of his powers and abilities.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Consequences was good again. Magik is one of the best scene stealers of 2012. She keeps getting away with so much shyt:laugh: Cyclops and Magneto are in communication..that metal filing dust was a nice touch. The artist draws Cyclops a little too skinny though. They ALWAYS got Kitty saying some slick shyt to Emma..that comedy has been going for years:laugh:

He's supposed to be skinny though.

Keep in mind his nickname is "Slim".....

When it comes to the physical traits of some X-Men artist just kind of said "fukk it" after awhile.

Logan is always too tall and Scott usually isn't skinny enough.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Yeah

yeah when you really think about it the way they're treating scott is some bullshyt. steve and tony start the civil war which ends up putting norman fukking osborn in power. the thunderbolts are constantly going rogue or back to their old ways. marvel is on some bullshyt because the avenger movie made them so much money.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The craziest part of Tony getting a pass is that it all amounted to him saying "I Forgot".

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He's supposed to be skinny though.

Keep in mind his nickname is "Slim".....

When it comes to the physical traits of some X-Men artist just kind of said "fukk it" after awhile.

Logan is always too tall and Scott usually isn't skinny enough.

Scott was 6'2 and 230-240lbs for the 90s and the early 2000s. He was Slim because of his teenage years and stuff like that during the 60s and 70s. Dude looked like damn near Captain America for years when the X-Men were at their hottest in the industry. His Jim Lee look even made it to the Fox show.