Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
DAREDEVIL #14
Written by MARK WAID
Pencils & Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE

DD2014014-DC11-eb8de.jpg

DD2014014-int2-1-f8a15.jpg

DD2014014-int2-2-ef6c8.jpg

DD2014014-int2-3-81313.jpg

DD2014014-int2-4-c7847.jpg

Mark Waid is on some other shyt :wtf:
I can't even put into words how much I hate Waid's Daredevil

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I can't even put into words how much I hate Waid's Daredevil
damn:huhldup: I love the lighthearted tone:patrice:

After the decades of shyt he's been through it's a bit of a relief for the character, and it feels more superhero-ish, even though he's going through the same amount of stuff

I love the noir feel of the Miller, Bendis and brubaker runs, but I'll sit this one up there with those proudly.:ehh:

pull14.jpg

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside

#supergirl issue #40 is out & the the book is coming to an end - but really happy i got to have this moment. there needs to be more characters of diverse backgrounds, including LGBT ones, in mainstream media. (out &) proud to be a part of positive social change AND a fukking awesome team that's pushing us forward with epic storytelling, phenomenal art & a badass female #superhero: @mikecomix@manulupac@hificolor Ray McCarthy @dccomics#TeamKara

I knew it. Maxima got turned into a Lesbian because of more of this diversity bs. Idk why these nikkas just can't introduce new characters :beli:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Seriously, do the "Diversity" crowd really read comic books/contribute to the industry to any meaningful extent? As in, do they continually buy a series and stick with the companies and are actual fans who contribute to sales long term, or do they just show up and latch onto comics whenever the next stunt/event that supports/goes against their views comes up?

Are they a realistically viable demographic for the comics industry, or do they just show up briefly, preach, and then leave?

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
reading New Avengers for the first time. up to issue 22.

Dr. Strange is a badass brehs. bytch slaps the wizard from the other earth and calls some demonic tentacle thing from another dimension:whoo: is this him at his weakest since he had already sold his soul? I know he's way underpowered compared to his classic version, but he isn't a pushover from what i've read

IMAG0696-1_zps51b4793e.jpg

but-i-thought-peter-capaldi-was-the-new-doctor.jpg

"I AM THE DOCTOR":gladbron::banderas:

hopefully the movies do him justice:blessed:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Seriously, do the "Diversity" crowd really read comic books/contribute to the industry to any meaningful extent? As in, do they continually buy a series and stick with the companies and are actual fans who contribute to sales long term, or do they just show up and latch onto comics whenever the next stunt/event that supports/goes against their views comes up?

Are they a realistically viable demographic for the comics industry, or do they just show up briefly, preach, and then leave?

It appears to be the latter. I don't see any of them actively and continuously supporting these comics. They just show up to make noise and leave.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I fear they gon give him a 'glorified' death tho. :aicmon:

He got too much positive going on for him.. Superman powers, high end morals and ethics, Power Girl shamelessly tellin him he gettin the becky when its all said and done with...

Watch, this dude gon sacrifice himself on some bullshyt :snoop:

I hope I'm wrong though

There is Hope, though. The black Robin (Duke Thomas) makes a good debut with "We Are Robin."