Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's kind of how he's supposed to look though...

You go back and read early Wolverine stuff and he's supposed to be a short redneck troll with anger issues who was tough as nails.

Modern Wolverine is hyped up as the baddest muthafukka in the Marvel Universe who beds the baddest bytches, is friends with everyone, manages to be in 5 places at once, and now in being propped up as the modern Xavier to Cyke's Magneto. :rudy:

:heh:So true . I remember in I think new xmen when he had the team with domino , cyke, beast and Emma where they fought cassandra and found zorn .he was wearing a tux told domino he could smell her arousal and asked if he could help her with that and she was like ok :jawalrus: while on a mission that's when I was like when did wolvy become this guy? That's gambit swag.

And I get he's a great fighter but now he turned into batman with preparation level of always winning and appearing in multiple comics at one time

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
ever since the x men movie then couple that in with the toy sales after the original animated series, around the early 90's wolverine was kinda like a big deal, today people are still catching on i dont dislike the character but its just like they did with deadpool they went overkill with him, but for whatever reason deadpool didnt have the same appeal as logan did, its like venom hes cool and all but nobody really wants to check for him in 3 other books, same argument is made by nerds over batman. but I :pacspit: the batman hate, in retrospect hes the only cool character dc has going for it now, Superman is Perhaps the most boring superhero of all time, regardless of how many endless revamps they do, its cool when hes fighting mongul and darkseid but he cant do that sh1t in every episode so they go back to him saving cats out of trees or some lame sh1t, bats fights the joke it ends, however he has an endless suplly of rouges to face in his arsenal as well as far more interesting villains

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ever since the x men movie then couple that in with the toy sales after the original animated series, around the early 90's wolverine was kinda like a big deal, today people are still catching on i dont dislike the character but its just like they did with deadpool they went overkill with him, but for whatever reason deadpool didnt have the same appeal as logan did, its like venom hes cool and all but nobody really wants to check for him in 3 other books, same argument is made by nerds over batman. but I :pacspit: the batman hate, in retrospect hes the only cool character dc has going for it now, Superman is Perhaps the most boring superhero of all time, regardless of how many endless revamps they do, its cool when hes fighting mongul and darkseid but he cant do that sh1t in every episode so they go back to him saving cats out of trees or some lame sh1t, bats fights the joke it ends, however he has an endless suplly of rouges to face in his arsenal as well as far more interesting villains

Deadpool has the problem of being crazy lol but a lot of people like him that's why he was in the video games recently . Difference with bats is he doesn't seem to be doing all his adventures at one time unlike logan who just seems to be everywhere at once . Superman is good if written right I think his appeal like cap is striving to live up to being a larger than life symbol , while batman and tony are trying to be the best of humanity

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther shot the fair one, beat him unconscious and carried him away slung over his shoulder.

That was an understandable loss..

It was a young Cap fighting someone with more experience who also had a lot of inlet on him.

Azzari the Wise was a beast.....Now that I think about it Azzari kind of took down Namor too during that period.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cap strength level is pretty inconsistent he used up be like stronger than a normal human now he thrOwing down with anyone surviving explosions . And thing how strong is he ?? I can never tell seems to depend on the story

Usually when Cap is shown throwing down with people out of his weight class He's shown using martial arts and his shield. Without those two things he definitely wouldn't stand a chance.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deadpool has the problem of being crazy lol but a lot of people like him that's why he was in the video games recently . Difference with bats is he doesn't seem to be doing all his adventures at one time unlike logan who just seems to be everywhere at once . Superman is good if written right I think his appeal like cap is striving to live up to being a larger than life symbol , while batman and tony are trying to be the best of humanity

Yeah, Superman is a dope character he's just a character that's hard to write and because of that doesn't have a ton of great stories. Superman actually got worse after DC's reboot IMO.

Even the stuff Morrison has been doing hasn't been that great.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't think I've touched or even attempted to read a Superman book since the "Death of Superman". There's some hype with him and Wonder Woman on a Justice League cover...I fukkS with Wonder Woman(her team up with Batwoman this week was dope) but I can't do it. Just not gonna work.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think I've touched or even attempted to read a Superman book since the "Death of Superman". There's some hype with him and Wonder Woman on a Justice League cover...I fukkS with Wonder Woman(her team up with Batwoman this week was dope) but I can't do it. Just not gonna work.

The best Superman stuff in recent times has been All Star Superman and the stuff Johns was doing (especially the stuff with Supes fighting with the Legion of Superheroes).

The New Krypton stuff was dope until the ending where the war felt anticlimatic as fukk.

I might post some dope Superman stuff later if I have time.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
And I get he's a great fighter but now he turned into batman with preparation level of always winning and appearing in multiple comics at one time

Marvel Wiki said:
Abilities
Master Tactician: Though seemingly brutish, Wolverine is highly intelligent. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head",[42] which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat. He remembers Ogun teaching him Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
The best Superman stuff in recent times has been All Star Superman and the stuff Johns was doing (especially the stuff with Supes fighting with the Legion of Superheroes).

The New Krypton stuff was dope until the ending where the war felt anticlimatic as fukk.

I might post some dope Superman stuff later if I have time.

i lost a lot of respect for superman after the new krypton stuff...kal el let earth pretty much snuff his peoples out and stood there like :sadcam:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Wolverine was never that damn smart:laugh: That shyt sounds like Black Panther..not Wolverine:laugh: No way is he as intelligent as Storm/Kitty Pryde/Beast/T'Challa. His plans are rudimentary and straight forward. There is nothing complex or well thought about them. In every X-crossover, it's usually him getting bailed out after getting his ass kicked or some Trojan horse bullshyt.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Wolverine was never that damn smart:laugh: That shyt sounds like Black Panther..not Wolverine:laugh: No way is he as intelligent as Storm/Kitty Pryde/Beast/T'Challa. His plans are rudimentary and straight forward. There is nothing complex or well thought about them. In every X-crossover, it's usually him getting bailed out after getting his ass kicked or some Trojan horse bullshyt.

:manny: take it up with the marvel database.....but you don't become a worldclass super spy being dumb as rocks

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:manny: take it up with the marvel database.....but you don't become a worldclass super spy being dumb as rocks

How many retcons did it take for him to be a Superspy though? And what good is that gonna do against the like of super genises like Magneto/Sinister/Apocalypse? Stryfe played this guy and everyone in the X-Camp like fukking SUCKERS in X-Cutioner's Song:laugh: