Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Some thoughts on what I've been reading:

-I've been trying to find a good amount of comics from the Zero Hour storyline DC did. Those stories, specifically the annuals, are :wow: DC should do something similar to this again. Imagine Miller's Batman vs. Snyder's? :banderas:

-New Frontier was a fun read.

-Almost done with the Death of Superman trilogy. I'm on Return/Reign and it's a fun ride.

-I could of bought the single issues from the X-Men Fatal Attractions story, but I fukked up. They were 3 a piece. :mjcry: Maybe in March.

-Copped the first book of 100 Bullets. Been meaning to check it out for a year or 2, but never found a decent trade for the first few issues.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
2282703-hickman_reed_richards.jpg

The levels to this shyt.....
can anyone drop some good ultimate reed stories? his character interests me too bad i never read anything from the ultimate universe...from what i heard evil reed is like another Doom ? :dwillhuh:

hickmans run on fantastic four/FF was amazing by the way...its crazy how a lot of what he was talking about then is coming back around in his avengers/new avengers run

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
can anyone drop some good ultimate reed stories? his character interests me too bad i never read anything from the ultimate universe...from what i heard evil reed is like another Doom ? :dwillhuh:

hickmans run on fantastic four/FF was amazing by the way...its crazy how a lot of what he was talking about then is coming back around in his avengers/new avengers run

Barely read any solo FF and don't really have the time to go back and check Hickman's run. Care to expand on what was he working then that is coming back now? :feedme:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Black Vortex :camby:

Hulk vs. Thanos :gag:

"Trapped in the 90's" Starlin should be banned from ever writing another Marvel book.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Barely read any solo FF and don't really have the time to go back and check Hickman's run. Care to expand on what was he working then that is coming back now? :feedme:
Basically there was A LOT of foreshadowing in Hickmans run on FF for whats happening now in his Avengers/New Avengers run and whats still to come in Secret Wars.

FF & Future Foundation - Reed uses The Bridge and discovers the Council of Reeds (Reeds from all over the multiverse). Nathaniel, Val and Franklin Rcihards plot to reshape the future. Franklin is referred to as a Universal Shaper and The Celestial as well as Galactus fearing him. Franklin tells Black Bolt about the coming "end-times".

Mentions how the universe is dying, the effects of time travel etc. Future versions of Valerie & Franklin warn them about "The Last War", the timestream collapsing into one and the death of everything. I found some scans online so you can see what I mean.

imncTn.png

The Wizard telling Reed his visions

IMG_3659.PNG

Reed meets with hundreds of other Reed Richards from other timelines to solve everything (i think a lot of shyt like this will be happening in Secret Wars)
run52c.jpg
964490-ff_570_0023.jpg

if you ever get the time i would def suggest reading it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They really could and should've been doing a better job with this captain marvel/carol danvers book. She has a pretty good supporting cast in Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew, Jessica Jones, Rhodey/War Machine.. and you could throw in anyone shield or avengers-related for guest appearances.. but they just keep her in space with that random made up alien girl and snoozefest storylines with other made up aliens that no one cares about. I doubt its completely the writer's fault as the marvel mandate seemed to be to attach her with the GotG crew.. but they could've just staggered her timeline of events with GotG, like they did falcap where he was 'inverted' during the axis event but was 'normal' and doing his own thing in his solo book.

Just odd that they establish Spider-Woman as her best friend, Rhodey as her dude, Jessica Jones and all her former 'new avengers' teammates as close friends.. but there's no character building nor interactions. Her best appearances have been in avengers/new avengers where she gets her ass punted into orbit by Hulk after tellin Rhodey that she got this

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Jason Aaron's really got another hit on his hands with Southern b*stards

Boss' backstory is great and we haven't even gotten a good look at Tubb's daughter yet

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
They really could and should've been doing a better job with this captain marvel/carol danvers book. She has a pretty good supporting cast in Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew, Jessica Jones, Rhodey/War Machine.. and you could throw in anyone shield or avengers-related for guest appearances.. but they just keep her in space with that random made up alien girl and snoozefest storylines with other made up aliens that no one cares about. I doubt its completely the writer's fault as the marvel mandate seemed to be to attach her with the GotG crew.. but they could've just staggered her timeline of events with GotG, like they did falcap where he was 'inverted' during the axis event but was 'normal' and doing his own thing in his solo book.

Just odd that they establish Spider-Woman as her best friend, Rhodey as her dude, Jessica Jones and all her former 'new avengers' teammates as close friends.. but there's no character building nor interactions. Her best appearances have been in avengers/new avengers where she gets her ass punted into orbit by Hulk after tellin Rhodey that she got this
Nah, I'm placing all the blame on DeConnick.

Broad hasn't written a good book since the Osborn mini with Emma Rios on art back in 2011

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Well they gotta give another female writer a crack at it then or otherwise find a dude that likes the character.. because they could be (re)building the captain marvel brand much better than they are now. Why not give it a more mature theme where she's fighting tough/credible bruisers, with her and spider-woman having the occasional power girl/huntress type teamups + sisterly moments with jess jones, and actually explore/explain/acknowledge how she even got with rhodey..

ultimately maybe people just wouldn't care about the character either way, but it at least gives it a better chance of gaining and retaining interest if its solid introspection with established characters

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Well they gotta give another female writer a crack at it then or otherwise find a dude that likes the character.. because they could be (re)building the captain marvel brand much better than they are now. Why not give it a more mature theme where she's fighting tough/credible bruisers, with her and spider-woman having the occasional power girl/huntress type teamups + sisterly moments with jess jones, and actually explore/explain/acknowledge how she even got with rhodey..

ultimately maybe people just wouldn't care about the character either way, but it at least gives it a better chance of gaining and retaining interest if its solid introspection with established characters
Agreed.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Deconnick is a decent writer and I enjoy her Captain Marvel but once they pushed her into space it was a wrap.