Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Didn't they try this before with an all female X-Men and that experiment failed?

ALl female X Men is still ongoing.

They also tried it with Secret Defenders.

With that being said, I hope this works out.... but it won't.

I also love how Valkyrie isn't on this poster, but Aurora, Vindicator and Snowbird are. Canadian bias. :mjcry:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Didn't they try this before with an all female X-Men and that experiment failed?

correct

one could make the case though, that a) Avengers are a bigger brand, and b) the choice of characters for this might be better than the line-up they choose for the X-men title

doesn't help that X-men movie rights are owned by Fox; Marvel really isn't trying to promote that

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I'm not trying to hate on this but it seems like every new title from Marvel these days is another stunt. Everyone is going on about how progressive this is when 90% of the women on this are white

agreed

and not that this makes it better, but i'm hoping that the character to the right of She-Hulk (who i'm guessing is the character Singularity they mention in the press release) is actually the latest Captain Universe - who we actually have not seen in Hickman's Avengers since Infinity.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
yeah. Shuri didn't make it. They just had her show up amongst the other ghosts of dead Black Panthers to confirm it.

I really wish they wouldve just gave her another identity and set her loose in the wild. :mjcry:

If there's one thing Hickman did that I liked a lot was the the treatment of Shuri. Was actually very well done, IMO.

Then she gets killed. And we don't even get to see her last stand on panel.:snoop:

tumblr_ncf0u3NZQF1rr8dpjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncf0u3NZQF1rr8dpjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncf0u3NZQF1rr8dpjo3_1280.jpg

BP and his mythos stay getting L's brehs, wtf :mjcry:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
i could hook up that entire court of owls run if someone could show me where to post up

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
  • All his vibranium destroyed, a gun put to his mom's head by Doom's lackeys, was going to let Doom kill his wife (Storm) to save the vibranium that he ended up losing anyway, his cat god says Doom is the salvation to everything... And when its all said and done he just lets Doom go.

• His arrogance not only botched his attempt at Namor's life but, as a domino effect, essentially ruined the greater goal of killing the Cabal...
There's a fine line between being deconstructed and being castrated, and they aint fooling anyone at this point.

That is interesting I remember reading somewhere that the panther God sort of called out the incursions and destruction of wakanda back in AvX but I wonder was that a clue to Doom maybe figuring out how to stop the incursions (or make battleworld) that is going on now

Overall you right BP has been fukking up a lot these last few years.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The thing about Doom and Bast's interaction was that while Doom's ways aren't ethical, he's true in his beliefs to protect the world, which is actually a recurring theme of Doom. One of my favorite Doom stories is the "What If? Secret Wars" one where Doom keeps the Beyonder's powers, conquers the universe, defeats the Celestials but inadvertently destroys Earth. He then uses the last of his remaining power to rebirth the planet, after which he joins reborn mankind in building a new society, so he can conquer it and rule over it once more. That's the extent of Doom's benevolence, he would do anything in his power to make sure there remains a world for him to rule over, and that is what Bast recognized as Doom's will to protect the world.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That is interesting I remember reading somewhere that the panther God sort of called out the incursions and destruction of wakanda back in AvX but I wonder was that a clue to Doom maybe figuring out how to stop the incursions (or make battleworld) that is going on now

Overall you right BP has been fukking up a lot these last few years.

It is possible but i doubt it, only because doomwar predated avx and hickman's avengers run before i think any plans were in motion.

What's interesting to me is that Namor despite being.. unethical.. is also true to his beliefs in protecting the world but funny how the panther spirits weren't trying to hear that shyt when T'Challa was trying to work with Namor... nope! it was all about avenging wakanda and the hell with Namor being the only one with the balls to blow up a planet and, hence, save their planet (and Wakanda by extension). But because Namor killed wakandans, it was F Namor and T'Challa gets crucified for not conforming. :why:

But then you have Doom who made an assassination attempt on the royal family, killed his share of wakandans and would throw Wakanda in the bushes if need be.. but spiritual kitty god is like "nah u good breh" talking about, "clearly you're sincere in your assertions of what you feel would make the world better" (i'm sure Hitler was too.. but ok) and "i can't forsee any other scenario in which the world isn't better bc of you.."

(So i guess kitty god's foresight overlooked AvX, Infinity, and all the alternate incursion earth's in New Avengers that Doom couldn't or didnt do shyt about.. but yea..)

Basically, what we saw was convenient ass writing to advance the plot by making the cat-god look like a punk so Doom could continue pissing all over wakanda while T'Challa plays catchup.

And I like the Doom character.. and the Namor character.. and Reed Richards... they're all very fun and entertaining.. but yea, lets piss/shyt on BP and his mythology to make them look that much better. that's cool

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku
Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062..._studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

This is great news and does it guarantee that when the new Fantastic Four flops they go back to Marvel?