Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I was so happy to see The City

So is Ultimate Reed still "evil" or...?

Basically the whole first half of the recent Avengers issue is Hickman taking shots at the writers after him who tried to undo his work at making the Ultimate Universe actually different and his work with Reed.

Reed talking to Fury:

"why revisit outdated notions?"

"I am not an idea that can be erased on a whim. I am changed and there is no going back"

Hickman da gawd was throwing shots at bum ass writers.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Whats a good comic that got a dark vibe to it? I want to start reading something again...maybe some series of batman? im kind of a comic book noob tho

Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10983396_10100595792489582_213570376706233897_n.jpg

is that really the end-game for Secret Wars? Is it just an excuse to bring Miles Morales to the mainstream 616 timeline?
Can marvel make a ultimate Spider-Man Movie

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically the whole first half of the recent Avengers issue is Hickman taking shots at the writers after him who tried to undo his work at making the Ultimate Universe actually different and his work with Reed.

Reed talking to Fury:

"why revisit outdated notions?"

"I am not an idea that can be erased on a whim. I am changed and there is no going back"

Hickman da gawd was throwing shots at bum ass writers.
That's why I was confused cause I thought he was good now

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Reportedly Marvel and Sony were/are on good terms and the main reason talks of a shared collaboration with Spider-Man fell through was because they couldn't agree on a Peter Parker. Sony wanted to keep the current actor they've been using, whereas marvel wanted a new guy... otherwise both sides seemed open to Spider-Man appearing in a future Avengers/Marvel Studios movie.
so, and this is strictly hypothetical.. but what if both sides were to agree on a Miles Morales tho.. :sas2:

Miles' already used to jumping back and forth between universes :sas1:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
fukk no.
I worked at Activision back when they had most of the marvel liscences.

When you own Spidey you also own Ultimate Spidey... Scarlet Spider... the whole range. Thats why we could do an Ultimate Spidey game also, as well as Scarlet Spider and Noir Spidey, Spidey 2099 etc. We already had the rights. Its an umbrella system that covers the villains too.
There was all sorts of rules in place to what characters were available for Ultimate Alliance. There were numerous restrictions even though we had the rights to X-Men, Spidey & Fan-4 universes at the time. Thats why Hulk was DLC. We had to get get permission to use him from Universal who made the hulk games at the time. And somebody else had the rights to Punisher... I forget who. He was on my list, but he was denied. So was Firestar (cause I was thinking we could have a Spidey & Friends team bonus) but she was already blacklisted so we couldn't use her either.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

But the company should be concerned about the arrogance exhibited by executive producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach late last week, as they effectively rejecting the possibility of seeing a Spider-Man who is not cis-white het male Peter Parker inhabit Sony’s Spider-film realm. As The Mary Sue reported, Arad and Tolmach put the kibosh on that talk in an interview with IndieWire:

IndieWire: Are Miles Morales (“Ultimate Spider-Man”), Ben Reilly (clone Spider-Man) or Miguel O’Hara (“Spider-Man 2099″) on the table? If you want a Spider-Man movie every year why not bring in some of the other variations?
Tolmach: No.
Arad: No. The one thing you cannot do, when you have a phenomena that has stood the test of time, you have to be true to the real character inside – who is Peter Parker? What are the biggest effects on his life? Then you can draw in time, and you can consider today’s world in many ways. But to have multiple ones… I don’t know if you remember, but Marvel tried it. And it was almost the end of Spider-Man.
IW: So Spider-Man in the cinematic realm will always be Peter Parker?
Arad: Absolutely
Tolmach: As far as we’re concerned. The guys who take it over after us … Who knows …

Well, the idea of having a different spider-man every year, in which a number of them would be clones/duplicates of Peter Parker... is a pretty stupid idea.

That's not the same thing that i was suggesting though i.e. Sony allowing Marvel/Disney to use Miles in some capacity without diminishing who Peter Parker is, which is what will be happening in the comics. And given how all over the place Sony has been and the talks of expanding their cinematic spider-universe with more spider-man heroes and villains.. I wouldn't be surprised what could happen several years down the line, even if it's after this Arad and Tolmach guy bounce.